Stewart wins 1st Sprint Cup pole in 5 years

Apr 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox Sports

Tony Stewart is on the pole for a NASCAR Sprint Cup race for the first time in five years.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

snow wrote:
<quoted text>Deb
Tony had better win this race. You always say the pole and the first spot on pit row is why Jimmie always wins. Now if Tony don't
get it done will that prove you wrong???Good luck Tony.
Snow... just like last week, Tony can get screwed by a late race caution...like Kyle did... but at least the first pit stall is NOT a determining factor anymore...and that is a GOOD Thing...

the only race where the first pit stall is the only thing that matters with the wing gone will be Martinsville because that one is rediculously an advantage... completely rediculously.. they need to say that no top 35 racers CAN have the first 10 pit stalls there because it IS the way to win that race. As Jimboob proved several times over the last 4 years.
The last 4 years are very soon going to be proven to have been the worst thing NASCAR could have done... now the real racing begins. Jimboobs mulitple championships will soon be scoffed at.

“smoke”

Since: Dec 07

Life is short, be nice!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

The Fat and the Furious wrote:
Funny stuff. I wonder how many of you were the same people whining and bitching through every race this year when Jimmie was dominating. Tony wins a pole and you all act like everything is ok now. Very telling indeed. It's almost as if the racing wasn't the problem, but the fact that your guys weren't the ones dominating. Most interesting.
Anyway, I'm happy for Tony. He's never been a great qualifier, so I'm sure anytime he's sitting on the pole, he's a happy camper.
Sadly though, nothing has changed. Jimmie is still doing what he always does. It's going to be heart breaking for those of you who are getting carried away with a single pole run. It won't be long before you can all go back to claiming how much you hate Nascar and conspiracy theories and Jimmie's lack of talent and other assorted gibberish. Who knows, maybe than you'll start blaming the spoiler and want to see the wing back. As long as you all have some phantom thing to blame, than all will be right with the universe.
Oh! Also, congrats to Ryan for pulling off the win last week. It was real nice seeing how excited he was to end that drought and even nicer to see the relief and emotion that came with a victory. I think Ryan has learned a valuable lesson the last few years. Never take those wins for granted, because you never know when it may be your last.
wow, something new to talk about and we all get bashed for having a civil conversation. Not all in life is a pit fall. Focus on some good it is healthy

“smoke”

Life is short, be nice!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

littlebit wrote:
hmmm...now what was the comments about throwing Darian under the bus?
Congrats to the Office Depot team.
I was there with the intent to push if the bus came by! But as they always say it doesn't matter were you start but were you finish is what counts.
But I think some one mentioned they need practice and this just happens to be a track he practiced at with the goodyear tire and the spoiler not the wing so perhaps he has a slight advantage. Honestly though i still am unsettled about all the adjustments made to that car during the race not just one race but every race.
I guess alot has to do with weather changes it has not been terrific this year either.( I did retract my statement about how lousy i felt Dg was the following morning. just please slow down on adjusting. The driver could drive a backhoe around the track if needed. He needs to man up (TS) and Darian needs to tell him to deal with it a little.(backhoe LOL)

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

debrobeaudean wrote:
<quoted text>well now.. I am not sure when you started to be a Jimboob fan,, I am sure it has been within the last 4 years... so you might not realize this FACT...Before they put the wing on the back of the car... NASCAR could penalize our man Smoke 4 times a race and he could still lead the most laps and WIN... the wing is all Jimboob had... now you will see some actual RACING.
and news for you... it was Jimboob and Chads GREED that kept wins from any other drivers
I should have known you would have to bash JJ & Chad .SMOKE YOU R DOOMED!!!! Oh well Smoke Great job on winning the pole .

“Just a littlebit”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

interstate wrote:
<quoted text>I was there with the intent to push if the bus came by! But as they always say it doesn't matter were you start but were you finish is what counts.
But I think some one mentioned they need practice and this just happens to be a track he practiced at with the goodyear tire and the spoiler not the wing so perhaps he has a slight advantage. Honestly though i still am unsettled about all the adjustments made to that car during the race not just one race but every race.
I guess alot has to do with weather changes it has not been terrific this year either.( I did retract my statement about how lousy i felt Dg was the following morning. just please slow down on adjusting. The driver could drive a backhoe around the track if needed. He needs to man up (TS) and Darian needs to tell him to deal with it a little.(backhoe LOL)
I agree that Tony needs to wait to see if the car will come to him first before yelling that the car is a piece of crap.

Every week it's the same deal, if Tony doesn't break into the top five right away, Tony complains over the team radio telling (more like b!tching at) Darian to fix it and Darian needs to be more like Zippy was with Tony's outburst.

“smoke”

Life is short, be nice!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

littlebit wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that Tony needs to wait to see if the car will come to him first before yelling that the car is a piece of crap.
Every week it's the same deal, if Tony doesn't break into the top five right away, Tony complains over the team radio telling (more like b!tching at) Darian to fix it and Darian needs to be more like Zippy was with Tony's outburst.
Yep Every time he does that and I have heard it also. I think I am going to hear Zippy,s famous "enough of that" I believe he use to put crap after it!

The day Darian does do it i hope Smoke is running an in car cam so we can see the expression on his face!

“Just a littlebit”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

interstate wrote:
<quoted text>Yep Every time he does that and I have heard it also. I think I am going to hear Zippy,s famous "enough of that" I believe he use to put crap after it!
The day Darian does do it i hope Smoke is running an in car cam so we can see the expression on his face!
My favorite from Zippy was "We win as a team and we lose as a team" when Tony would try and throw the team under the bus over the radio.
hms is the best

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

snow wrote:
<quoted text>Deb
Tony had better win this race. You always say the pole and the first spot on pit row is why Jimmie always wins. Now if Tony don't
get it done will that prove you wrong???Good luck Tony.
lol' she has him jinkxed already'lol''''
hi snow im thinking hms is gonna get it done in texas''''''
glad we got kasey getting on board'''''
hms is the best

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

NYSMILE_1969 wrote:
<quoted text>I should have known you would have to bash JJ & Chad .SMOKE YOU R DOOMED!!!! Oh well Smoke Great job on winning the pole .
lol' yup' poor old den jinkxed tony once again.
will the girl ever learn'lol''''''

“The 'Smoke' In My Eyes”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Woooo Hoooo.... Go Tony! xoxo

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

Tony won the pole? That's great. Go Tony!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Max Papis Discussions

Search the Max Papis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Mayfield considers selling race team (Jul '09) Oct '13 Chargeforward1 22
NASCAR driver slapped by rival's girlfriend; TD... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Liver 2
Tony Stewart awaits second surgery, will miss w... (Aug '13) Aug '13 CatRod53 21
Earnhardt Jr. Back In The High Life Again (Jun '11) Jul '11 95 Thunderbird 201
'The Glades' features drivers (Jun '11) Jun '11 Yuppers 3
NASCAR Nationwide Series Says Ethanol Performin... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Osama 3
Bayne ready to get back into the driver's seat (Jun '11) Jun '11 TexasRaider 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••