Stewart wins 1st Sprint Cup pole in 5...

Stewart wins 1st Sprint Cup pole in 5 years

There are 31 comments on the Fox Sports story from Apr 16, 2010, titled Stewart wins 1st Sprint Cup pole in 5 years. In it, Fox Sports reports that:

Tony Stewart is on the pole for a NASCAR Sprint Cup race for the first time in five years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox Sports.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 16, 2010
WOW...wonders never cease! Congrats to Smoke for that pole at Texas! Now, if only he and Darian have figured out how to stay up front beyond the first 30-50 laps!!
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#2 Apr 16, 2010
Smoke.. YOU ROCK!!! now that the stupid WING is off the car...we can get back to some RACING!!!!

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 16, 2010
Now we'er talking.
Go Tony...

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#4 Apr 16, 2010
IL Fan of SHR wrote:
WOW...wonders never cease! Congrats to Smoke for that pole at Texas! Now, if only he and Darian have figured out how to stay up front beyond the first 30-50 laps!!
My thoughts exactly! He's got a great car to start so hopefully they can make the right adjustments and keep it up front.
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#5 Apr 16, 2010
Tony Stewart... you are the greatest racer on Earth.. I heard your interview in which you were so humble and that is cool... but we, your fans, know that you are such an amazing racer... good luck at Texas Smoke..you will win many more poles now that the stupid wing is gone.,, NASCAR screwed with the car and we the fans understand that... but we know that now things are going to be EXCITING... thank GOD!!!! Go smoke...
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#6 Apr 16, 2010
LTE14 wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly! He's got a great car to start so hopefully they can make the right adjustments and keep it up front.
hopefully he won't speed on pit road and lose the advantage of the first pit stall and will at least get a top 5 because in the end.. who knows who will take 2? or who will stay out??? who knows??? it is all so much better and more exciting than the last 4 YEARS!!!!
Tony... if you do not speed on pit road...you will be wearing that black hat... with the GUNS... pretend to be shooting who when you are in victory lane?????? you and Darian have captured the pole and that is half the equation... you can do it!!!!!
ps... you rock Tony... thanks for never compromising..

“Just a littlebit”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Apr 16, 2010
hmmm...now what was the comments about throwing Darian under the bus?

Congrats to the Office Depot team.
Speedway

AOL

#8 Apr 16, 2010
Tony rocks
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#9 Apr 16, 2010
Now that Tony doesn't have to worry about Ryan anymore.,..watchout... that man is COMING!!!! and he is the GREATEST RACE CAR DRIVER ON EARTH!!!!
I do realize that he likes GUNS....but hey Smoke... be greedy and win them all... we your fans know you can do it!
Wooy

AOL

#10 Apr 16, 2010
Go Tony go
Trollersaurus

Mooresville, NC

#11 Apr 16, 2010
I'm so glad that Tony got the pole. I just know he will win, since we all know that the driver with the preferred pit stall always wins for sure. Just ask Jimmie.
Wooy

AOL

#12 Apr 16, 2010
Trollersaurus wrote:
I'm so glad that Tony got the pole. I just know he will win, since we all know that the driver with the preferred pit stall always wins for sure. Just ask Jimmie.
Jimmie who ?
Trollersaurus

Mooresville, NC

#13 Apr 16, 2010
Wooy wrote:
<quoted text>Jimmie who ?
Uh...you know, that Johnson guy.

“smoke”

Since: Dec 07

Life is short, be nice!

#14 Apr 16, 2010
IL Fan of SHR wrote:
Don't adjust the heck out of that car during the race, please!

Smoke needs your support on www.nascar.com
vote in the pole who has the best shot of winning sunday

Since: Feb 07

United States

#15 Apr 16, 2010
Just saw the news. Way to go Smoke. Now to just keep it up front for the whole race.
The Fat and the Furious

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2010
Funny stuff. I wonder how many of you were the same people whining and bitching through every race this year when Jimmie was dominating. Tony wins a pole and you all act like everything is ok now. Very telling indeed. It's almost as if the racing wasn't the problem, but the fact that your guys weren't the ones dominating. Most interesting.

Anyway, I'm happy for Tony. He's never been a great qualifier, so I'm sure anytime he's sitting on the pole, he's a happy camper.

Sadly though, nothing has changed. Jimmie is still doing what he always does. It's going to be heart breaking for those of you who are getting carried away with a single pole run. It won't be long before you can all go back to claiming how much you hate Nascar and conspiracy theories and Jimmie's lack of talent and other assorted gibberish. Who knows, maybe than you'll start blaming the spoiler and want to see the wing back. As long as you all have some phantom thing to blame, than all will be right with the universe.

Oh! Also, congrats to Ryan for pulling off the win last week. It was real nice seeing how excited he was to end that drought and even nicer to see the relief and emotion that came with a victory. I think Ryan has learned a valuable lesson the last few years. Never take those wins for granted, because you never know when it may be your last.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#17 Apr 17, 2010
littlebit wrote:
hmmm...now what was the comments about throwing Darian under the bus?
Congrats to the Office Depot team.
If you are referring to comments I made I still stand by them. I believe Darian always gives Tony a good car to start the race and this week Tony did his part and stuck it on the pole.

Now if they make huge changes throughout the race and make the handling so bad that Tony can't even keep it in the top 20 I'll probably throw him back under there. But for now I'll back the bus up and give him a chance. I really do like Darian.
Beth

Mishawaka, IN

#18 Apr 17, 2010
Watch out Texas! If Tony has a car he can drive fast enough to win the pole, he's going to be dangerous tomorrow! GO SMOKE!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19 Apr 17, 2010
debrobeaudean wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully he won't speed on pit road and lose the advantage of the first pit stall and will at least get a top 5 because in the end.. who knows who will take 2? or who will stay out??? who knows??? it is all so much better and more exciting than the last 4 YEARS!!!!
Tony... if you do not speed on pit road...you will be wearing that black hat... with the GUNS... pretend to be shooting who when you are in victory lane?????? you and Darian have captured the pole and that is half the equation... you can do it!!!!!
ps... you rock Tony... thanks for never compromising..
Deb
Tony had better win this race. You always say the pole and the first spot on pit row is why Jimmie always wins. Now if Tony don't
get it done will that prove you wrong???Good luck Tony.
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#20 Apr 17, 2010
The Fat and the Furious wrote:
Funny stuff. I wonder how many of you were the same people whining and bitching through every race this year when Jimmie was dominating. Tony wins a pole and you all act like everything is ok now. Very telling indeed. It's almost as if the racing wasn't the problem, but the fact that your guys weren't the ones dominating. Most interesting.
Anyway, I'm happy for Tony. He's never been a great qualifier, so I'm sure anytime he's sitting on the pole, he's a happy camper.
Sadly though, nothing has changed. Jimmie is still doing what he always does. It's going to be heart breaking for those of you who are getting carried away with a single pole run. It won't be long before you can all go back to claiming how much you hate Nascar and conspiracy theories and Jimmie's lack of talent and other assorted gibberish. Who knows, maybe than you'll start blaming the spoiler and want to see the wing back. As long as you all have some phantom thing to blame, than all will be right with the universe.
Oh! Also, congrats to Ryan for pulling off the win last week. It was real nice seeing how excited he was to end that drought and even nicer to see the relief and emotion that came with a victory. I think Ryan has learned a valuable lesson the last few years. Never take those wins for granted, because you never know when it may be your last.
well now.. I am not sure when you started to be a Jimboob fan,, I am sure it has been within the last 4 years... so you might not realize this FACT...Before they put the wing on the back of the car... NASCAR could penalize our man Smoke 4 times a race and he could still lead the most laps and WIN... the wing is all Jimboob had... now you will see some actual RACING.
and news for you... it was Jimboob and Chads GREED that kept wins from any other drivers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Max Papis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Simon Pagenaud and Chevrolet win IndyCar race a... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Jeremy Mayfield considers selling race team (Jul '09) Oct '13 Chargeforward1 22
News NASCAR driver slapped by rival's girlfriend; TD... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Liver 2
News Tony Stewart awaits second surgery, will miss w... (Aug '13) Aug '13 CatRod53 21
News Earnhardt Jr. Back In The High Life Again (Jun '11) Jul '11 95 Thunderbird 201
News 'The Glades' features drivers (Jun '11) Jun '11 Yuppers 3
News NASCAR Nationwide Series Says Ethanol Performin... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Osama 3
More from around the web