Edwards wins pole position, gets jump on Stewart in title battle

Nov 20, 2011 Full story: Denver Post 74

Tony Stewart has run his mouth for almost a month trying to rattle Carl Edwards in the race to NASCAR's championship.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#63 Nov 28, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
If this were the prechase format...
Blabbity-blabbity yip-yap.

Have you heard? NASCAR isn't awarding championships for the old format performances DUHHH Surprised how many people claim to be a real fan of NASCAR needs to have this explained to them, and also have no clue as to why...

And if u claim to be smart enough to know why, then what purpose is there in whining about the format?

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#64 Nov 28, 2011
Its not right NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd have nothing to gain since it's the last race & to let Tony & Carl race for the Chase, instead of it being just another race. Why can't they just race like any other race, but no, they had to let Tony pass them. I see you must be a Tony fan lol, His cup is Tarnished. Besides did you watch the race on ESPN & listen to the broadcasters say that drivers were letting Tony pass them?
LOLOL!!! You're such an hater!! What idiot in their right mind would try to hold off a car that much faster at time he'd most definitely remember you? You're asking for a wrecked car AND an ass whipping if you screw with a man's livelihood at this level. Talk about Bad Karma? You'd probably piss off an entire season for how little people would respect you after that.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#65 Nov 28, 2011
<quoted text>
You call it respect to let a driver in 40th place pass you to catch a guy in 1st place? That's called being a Chickenshit driver.
Well guess what, it worked didn't it? If that's the way the drivers wanted to be, why was 43 cars in the last race of the season? Why not just Carl & Tony only race for 267 laps for the Chase Cup? The other 41 drivers/cars could just sit back & watch.
Yes it's called common sense and RESPECT. As in, "NO WAY my car is capable of defending my position, so I won't insult you by pretending it can." Only a damned fool would stand in front of an object traveling that much faster than they are.

"why was 43 cars in the last race" Yeah, you're really showing how stupid you are with this line of questioning.

Hold on - isn't it proper forum etiquette to applaud when someone posts something amusingly stupid?*applause*
Oh, dang I should shut up, this person might only be like 12 yrs old.
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#66 Nov 28, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOL!!! You're such an hater!! What idiot in their right mind would try to hold off a car that much faster at time he'd most definitely remember you? You're asking for a wrecked car AND an ass whipping if you screw with a man's livelihood at this level. Talk about Bad Karma? You'd probably piss off an entire season for how little people would respect you after that.
Your a ***HOLE!
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#67 Nov 28, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it's called common sense and RESPECT. As in, "NO WAY my car is capable of defending my position, so I won't insult you by pretending it can." Only a damned fool would stand in front of an object traveling that much faster than they are.
"why was 43 cars in the last race" Yeah, you're really showing how stupid you are with this line of questioning.
Hold on - isn't it proper forum etiquette to applaud when someone posts something amusingly stupid?*applause*
Yeah, you should SHUT UP, since your shoe is already in your throat!
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#68 Nov 28, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
Your out there with 42 other drivers trying to win a race, but YOU being Chicken-S*** cause #14 is faster than you, that you let him pass you. If he wrecks you(as others have wrecked others) he'll get NASCAR on his butt, unless he's Tony Stewart. LOL
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

#69 Nov 28, 2011
It doesn't matter how many cars Tony passed to get to the front, what matters is that Carl couldn't pass him to get to the checkered first.
Chevy man

Columbus, OH

#70 Nov 28, 2011
Ford Man wrote:
He's starting in the right spot, but he needs to finish there too.
Truth is that if Edwards wins the championship without the win today, that will really stir some shit up because like his Roush Ford Teammate Matt Kenseth before him, he will have won the championship with only 1 victory and in a different format.
Ford Pride baby Ford Pride!!!!!!!!!
Where is that Ford power/pride?. 2nd.haha Chevrolet wins again.!!!!!!!!!
Edwards did not have the ford engine power to catch Tony!!

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#71 Nov 28, 2011
<quoted text>
Your out there with 42 other drivers trying to win a race, but YOU being Chicken-S*** cause #14 is faster than you, that you let him pass you. If he wrecks you(as others have wrecked others) he'll get NASCAR on his butt, unless he's Tony Stewart. LOL
"Your out there with 42 other drivers trying to win a race"
Wrong. That's an idiots perception of what they do. There are people who are there simply to get the best finish they can and are quite aware they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell at a win. So save that, BS for sum1 who's buying it.

"you let him pass you"
It makes no sense slowing yourself down by battling when you're doomed to lose anyway. Tony would make quick work out of everyone outside the top 5 and you suggest it's smarter to blow 2 or three seconds making yourself look like an idiot?

Yeah, keep running your flap, hater. You're an embarrassment to fans of whatever driver you like.
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#72 Nov 29, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your out there with 42 other drivers trying to win a race"
Wrong. That's an idiots perception of what they do. There are people who are there simply to get the best finish they can and are quite aware they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell at a win. So save that, BS for sum1 who's buying it.
"you let him pass you"
It makes no sense slowing yourself down by battling when you're doomed to lose anyway. Tony would make quick work out of everyone outside the top 5 and you suggest it's smarter to blow 2 or three seconds making yourself look like an idiot?
Yeah, keep running your flap, hater. You're an embarrassment to fans of whatever driver you like.
What a Dummy you are Lamont!
Mountain Dew

United States

#73 Nov 29, 2011
<quoted text>
What a Dummy you are Lamont!
What about yourself
Mr Sanford....Are you still hauling trash??

Since: Nov 11

Pune, India

#74 Nov 29, 2011
Chip Ganassi Racing. Starts, 26,some bad press for his on-track incidents.... a "bump and run" on to gain a better finishing.history, Tony ... his history in sprint car racing, gaining numerous.
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#75 Nov 29, 2011
Mountain Dew wrote:
<quoted text>What about yourself
Mr Sanford....Are you still hauling trash??
NO, We don't cater to your crap! LOL
Mountain Dew

United States

#76 Nov 30, 2011
rafaeelcaldera wrote:
Chip Ganassi Racing. Starts, 26,some bad press for his on-track incidents.... a "bump and run" on to gain a better finishing.history, Tony ... his history in sprint car racing, gaining numerous.
I see where ole Chip and Teresa is having a house cleaning. I guess after not getting a win
last year they figure its time to use the sweeper and get rid of the high paying people that is running the show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt McCall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury Tue rayjr 1
Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory Aug '14 Whoyakidding 6
NASCAR Nationwide Series Struggling to Fill Fie... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Hilton Head 23
Earnhardt Jr. wins 2nd Daytona 500 a decade later (Feb '14) Feb '14 Along for The Ride 1
Dale Jarrett relishes joining father Ned in NAS... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jusy_Sayn 1
Football facing major crisis in attendance (Jan '14) Jan '14 IceMan PJN 7
Johnson wins pole for Phoenix, Kenseth to start (Nov '13) Nov '13 WHOYAKIDDING 3
•••
•••

Matt McCall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••