Reluctant NASCAR Sponsors Lead To Layoffs, Soul Searching For Workers

Dec 22, 2011 Full story: WFAE-FM Charlotte 14

NASCAR is coming off its most successful season in recent memory. The championship came down to the last lap of the last race.

Full Story
Huh

Columbus, OH

#1 Dec 25, 2011
tough season for a lot of people.

“Good old Southern boy”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 25, 2011
Maybe Nascar should cut back a bit. If you can't field 43 cars maybe 40 or less.Think about it. A Nascar race is not a cheep date for the fans or the teams...
who cares

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Dec 26, 2011
Love the way nascar sugar coats things. I like on the telecast of races when they cut the cameras on the empty grandstands and empty sections of seats.
Better Judgement

Great Neck, NY

#4 Dec 26, 2011
Like they say, about 75 per cent of the NASCAR full house were disguised as empty seats. Don't let an honorable sport die, fans, just because you're like me and don't give a damn.
debrobeaudean

Sparta, OH

#5 Dec 26, 2011
actually,,, those who voted for a man to redistribute the wealth from people like Tony Stewart to losers who want to sit and check their email to see if the government automatic deposit went into their account, are what have caused the lay offs.
debrobeaudean

Sparta, OH

#6 Dec 26, 2011
Jimmie Johnson is why seats ARE empty too... I quit going to 4-5 local races each year, the easiest to go t,o becasue I KNEW that creep would pull off pit road to have the only clean air, with lapped cars keeping anyone with enough car to beat him trapped... that is FACT...and it was not even racing

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#7 Dec 26, 2011
Jmo They lost a lot when they did not universally enforce rules and the grey areas, and all the "we will address it as we go along(and which driver is offending makes a difference)." I honestly would like a racing league that is run by a group that is not related to the Frances. I give bill sr and jr respect but the current group not so much.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#8 Dec 27, 2011
This "sport" is worse than boring, it is a waste of time and money. Anyone that thinks that sponsors are going to come back to this scam is either crazy, or they work for the A$$CAR kingdom. Drunken Baby Whale France and Fat Helton have ruined this "sport", no question about it.
debrobeaudean

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 27, 2011
acrim wrote:
This "sport" is worse than boring, it is a waste of time and money. Anyone that thinks that sponsors are going to come back to this scam is either crazy, or they work for the A$$CAR kingdom. Drunken Baby Whale France and Fat Helton have ruined this "sport", no question about it.
Jeff Gordon fan eh? washed up, so might as well close up the sport?
debrobeaudean

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 27, 2011
btw to anyoneconcerned... I go TO sponsors of NASCAR, Zaxby's for Chicken, Mobil or Sunoco for gas...Home Depot, officde Depot, Crown Royal, I only WISH that other past sponsors were still on cars so I would continue to be loyal to them like I had been..anyone who does not understand NASCAR sponsorship being a PLUS for businesses that do business with the PUBLIC is not a race fan
mayeen

Orange, CA

#11 Dec 30, 2011
The latest Wolf Team preview and screenshots
http://www.mmohunter.com/wolf-team.html
debrobeaudean

Ellicott City, MD

#12 Dec 31, 2011
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
Jmo They lost a lot when they did not universally enforce rules and the grey areas, and all the "we will address it as we go along(and which driver is offending makes a difference)." I honestly would like a racing league that is run by a group that is not related to the Frances. I give bill sr and jr respect but the current group not so much.
I agree with the first part but I think a group that needs to tell these people what the black and white words to be enforced mean could be bought off like the Wallace Bros and the Waltrip Bros who actually think THEY need to monitor drivers reactions to catastrophe..Get RID of all the BS talkers who were non successful inside race cars or those who were in it before it paid well so they are now jeolous of the guys who truly ARE racers because those guys being PAID big money to spew BS is what cause the competition level to drop to traffic standards as they police behavior, even off the track..because JAWS, aka DW wants to remain an ICON, forgetting that HE in NO WAY could have existed under the standards he puts on these guys.. There IS a rule book that is printed.. give it OUT to the FANS who will DEMAND that Chad cannot morphe one into being a huge positive for his driver that particular day.
Hopefully Tony RACING every single minute of every single lap of the chase races will allow the fans to DEMAND that level from anyone pretending to be a racer from here on out.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#13 Dec 31, 2011
Sponsors will be leaving in droves now that their contracts are expiring...

“I am the Illuminati :):) ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Dec 31, 2011
debrobeaudean wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with the first part but I think a group that needs to tell these people what the black and white words to be enforced mean could be bought off like the Wallace Bros and the Waltrip Bros who actually think THEY need to monitor drivers reactions to catastrophe..Get RID of all the BS talkers who were non successful inside race cars or those who were in it before it paid well so they are now jeolous of the guys who truly ARE racers because those guys being PAID big money to spew BS is what cause the competition level to drop to traffic standards as they police behavior, even off the track..because JAWS, aka DW wants to remain an ICON, forgetting that HE in NO WAY could have existed under the standards he puts on these guys.. There IS a rule book that is printed.. give it OUT to the FANS who will DEMAND that Chad cannot morphe one into being a huge positive for his driver that particular day.
Hopefully Tony RACING every single minute of every single lap of the chase races will allow the fans to DEMAND that level from anyone pretending to be a racer from here on out.
Debi U really do need to check the Stats on RW & DW before U claim that they were not successful drivers. Ya Think!! I will admit I did not like DW as a driver or a commentator. But his record as a Nascar driver was good .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Kenseth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keselowski And Stewart Fined After Charlotte Sc... Oct 26 Let it go 12
Where will free agent Carl Edwards land? (May '14) Jun '14 GO TONY GO 56
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... (May '14) May '14 Lola24 2
Jimmie Johnson dynasty deserves more fans than ... (Nov '13) Apr '14 hello1 28
Johnson widens points lead on Kenseth's bad day (Nov '13) Nov '13 WHOYAKIDDING 7
Jeff Gordon still in title contention, looking ... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Whoyakidding 5
Jamie McMurray gets back into win column at Tal... (Oct '13) Nov '13 snow 5

Matt Kenseth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE