Kyle Busch gives Toyota first Sprint ...

Kyle Busch gives Toyota first Sprint Cup victory

There are 66 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 9, 2008, titled Kyle Busch gives Toyota first Sprint Cup victory. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

It was like the good old days for Joe Gibbs Racing on Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway when newcomer Kyle Busch put the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BigPaPa

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 10, 2008
Take that, Ford, Chevy & MOPAR !!!!

“close the gate behind you”

Since: Sep 07

South Bend, IN

#2 Mar 10, 2008
one of my top ten most boring races i have ever tried to watch. scratch that , it is a solid top five.
boilergeo

AOL

#3 Mar 10, 2008
Mad Bovine wrote:
one of my top ten most boring races i have ever tried to watch. scratch that , it is a solid top five.
If not for the first phantom caution, it would have been worse than it was. I'm a diehard Nascar fan but I DVR every race just to fast forward thru some of that yawner stuff.
Debi Does

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#4 Mar 10, 2008
in Victory Lane Kyle admitted that it was boring and he said "someone had to win it, and I am glad it is me getting paid for it".. Tony spoke up against the tires that did not let them race.. we should give him an award for trying to save NASCAR
caribe18

New Philadelphia, OH

#5 Mar 10, 2008
Good racing in NASJAP !
Sir Joe

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Mar 10, 2008
The number of Toyota manufacturing plants in the midwest is 5? Sounds like the corporate MoPar, Ford, GMC got their fellings hurt (and their fans).
Hey

Noblesville, IN

#8 Mar 10, 2008
nascar would sell their soul for a dollar. They don't care what anyone thinks. They smack those drivers and teams around like lap dogs and they come right back. Remember the rule, watch the first ten laps and the last ten laps, everything else is a long death by Waltrip's and Hammond's mind-numbing analysis.
Rice Burners rule

Carmel, IN

#9 Mar 10, 2008
captaink wrote:
Dark days for the fans of the so-called all American sport.
Sake and sushi for all in Victory Lane. First of many wins this year for Toyota.Outstanding
jim 1988 IU grad

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Mar 10, 2008
captaink wrote:
Dark days for the fans of the so-called all American sport.
agreed..... the US car makers have had 30 years to wake up and they have not done it...
FORDMAN

Fairfax, VA

#11 Mar 10, 2008
Well now another great racing sport has been ruined by toyota. Also, top ten most borrrrring races ever. Looked like a parade.
ns20cr

Youngstown, OH

#12 Mar 10, 2008
the all american revolution didnt even get in there till..4th!, i am soo glad they finally put their self on the map, now ppl can stop complaining:)

and i am so glad tony is the way he is..lol
cause someone needed to talk..ohh and check out elliot on nascar.com ..its funny as hell(talks about carl)..so unlike him!!!
WWE NASCAR

Newtown, CT

#13 Mar 10, 2008
NASCAR has become sooooooooo boring, but I'm not complaining. Whenever I need a good nap and I can't fall asleep, I just turn on a NASCAR event and it puts me into a deep sleep. Thank you Helton and France.
lock

Evansville, IN

#14 Mar 10, 2008
Who Cares! Yoda won so what they change the whole car so they would have a chance and they finally won, whopdido! NASCAR has ruined the whole thing, not because Yoda won but the way the greedy France family stacks the deck for their choice at the time. To bad it was a good Idea that almost worked.
Old Timer

Duncan, OK

#15 Mar 10, 2008
NASCAR climed the mountain and got to see what it looks like on top. It is over for NASCAR. I saw some empty seats in Atlanta. (Don't tell me it was cold. Look up the 1992 Indy 500)There are going to be more and more,'cause they are so boring. Jr. took off from the field and all of a sudden there was debris on the track. Fox could find it or they were told not to look.
Barklee

Tipton, IN

#16 Mar 10, 2008
FORDMAN wrote:
Well now another great racing sport has been ruined by toyota. Also, top ten most borrrrring races ever. Looked like a parade.
Yeah it was Toyota that made it boring, not the cars, the rules or the tires..
Debi Does

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#17 Mar 10, 2008
all they have to do to get it exciting is to get rid of the double file restart with the lapped cars on the inside.. you give them the lucky dog, they shouldn't be ruining the entire race holding everybody from second back up..then the leader would have at least one guy on his tail
dave

Carmel, IN

#18 Mar 10, 2008
FORDMAN wrote:
how is this toyota's fault after winning 1 race?
crazy Colfax

United States

#19 Mar 10, 2008
just waitng for for the eventual implosion of NASCAR...sorta like watching an AMTRAK train...I'm sure that Tony will be "called to the trailer" for his candid remarks about the Goodyear tires.
NASCAR under Helton and Brian France is becoming more and more like IROC...oh, thats right, IROC was auctioned off this past weekend-IRONY ABOUNDS!!!
JoeJack

United States

#20 Mar 10, 2008
Kyle Busch has proven that he is the best driver in the Gibb's camp. That is not going to sit well with the orange pumpkin in the greasy mullet.
rifleman

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Mar 10, 2008
Where were all the fans?!?!?! Atlanta is the hart of "nascar" racing and you can clearly see that people were not showing up! NASCAR has become IROC. The cars are about as "stock" as an IRL car. The fun part of nascar was watching cars that at least looked like the street car the represented. Now they all look the same except for the headlight and car manufacturer decals. Another appealing part was watching a team or car manufacturer come up with an idean to one up their opponents. INGENUITY! And as far as the drivers go, what a bunch of PUD's! If I see Stewarts fat a** go after someone w/out his helmet on then I'll know he can back up his talk. Gordon too, what an a** last year when he ran up on Kenseth, while still wearing his helmet and pushed a helmetless Matt. What a bunch of girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR Just Made Its New Road Course-Oval Track... Jan '18 ThisPhartse 2
News Nascar Ceo Brian France's behavior at awards ce... Dec '17 Usually phartse 15
nascar (Jul '16) Jul '16 skillett 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... (Jul '16) Jul '16 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... (Jul '16) Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... (Mar '16) Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1