Rea White: It's time to consider cutt...

Rea White: It's time to consider cutting the Cup schedule

There are 4 comments on the Scene Daily story from May 27, 2008, titled Rea White: It's time to consider cutting the Cup schedule. In it, Scene Daily reports that:

CONCORD, N.C. Why is the NASCAR season so long? Everyone is always talking about shortening races, but how about trimming the schedule a little.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Daily.

jacob

Floyd, VA

#1 May 27, 2008
i think that the races are better when they are 5 and 600 miles, because the drivers fatigue, and it shows who is the better driver. i would be offened if NASCAR shortened the season by more than 4 or 5 races. GO KASEY KAHNE!#9 ROCKS!

SpdBmp

Since: Apr 07

Oakland, CA

#2 May 27, 2008
jacob wrote:
i think that the races are better when they are 5 and 600 miles, because the drivers fatigue, and it shows who is the better driver. i would be offened if NASCAR shortened the season by more than 4 or 5 races. GO KASEY KAHNE!#9 ROCKS!
There's a five mile race?

Since: May 08

United States

#3 May 27, 2008
I don't want to see less races. I as a fan get a little saddened when we come upon an off week. I'd have them racing all year long. We crown a champ and then move on to the Daytona 500 after a two week break.

I know its not practical, but I love me some racing.
67Comet

Montgomery, AL

#4 May 27, 2008
I get all the short races (50 laps or less) I want at local tracks. Keep the races long, but drop the dual date tracks and stick some of the old school tracks back in (Rockingham for instance).

Short tracks may not seat as many people as the "Cookie Cutter" tracks, but the racing is awesome. If they wanna keep the "Cookie Cutter" tracks uncork the cars, un-aero the cars (make them less aerodynamic) and lets get back to the Bill Elliot like speeds in the 200's flat out sling shot style racing.

The cars and tracks are safer than ever yet they are making the cars slower than ever. There is a point where the race has left the racing and safety has become the mud on our running shoes. This is racing, open them up, drop the dual date tracks, and reinstate the classic originals if they don't want to shorten the season.

Better yet, stagger the seasons so Bush (what ever, "NATIONWIDE"), Cup and Trucks don't all run at the same time. Feb-Sept = Cup, May-Dec = "Nationwide" and Aug-Apr = Trucks with ARCA in there somewhere too (gotta admit; ARCA racing is sometimes pretty good too). Since many of the Cup drivers trickle down to the lower classes we can see them run almost every weekend of the year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... Jul 17 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... Jul 3 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
More from around the web