Truex Jr. To Drive For JR Motorsports...

Truex Jr. To Drive For JR Motorsports at Bristol

There are 60 comments on the www.frontstretch.com story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Truex Jr. To Drive For JR Motorsports at Bristol. In it, www.frontstretch.com reports that:

Two-time NASCAR Nationwide Series champion Martin Truex Jr. will compete in the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.frontstretch.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#1 Mar 6, 2008
So I take it the ones Mark Martin doesn't want to do they will have different fill ins not just one.

“Earnhardt Fans Rule”

Since: Sep 07

Florida

#2 Mar 6, 2008
The JR motorsports cars are basically Hebdrick cars, and I don't think this is the last time we will see Truex in a Hendrick car. wink wink.
pavel fan

Flint, MI

#3 Mar 7, 2008
that better be the5 martin is going to drive now way the 88 junior will pull brad out of that car
Junior Nation

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2008
pavel fan wrote:
that better be the5 martin is going to drive now way the 88 junior will pull brad out of that car
The 5 car will have different drivers in it all year. It's kind of like his "All Star" car. Jr will drive I believe 9 races, Mark Martin I believe 5, Jimmie Johnson 3, not sure how many Truex will drive and then a few other drivers to finish out the season. Brad will drive the 88 all year.
Nicole

AOL

#6 Mar 7, 2008
jgibbens wrote:
The JR motorsports cars are basically Hebdrick cars, and I don't think this is the last time we will see Truex in a Hendrick car. wink wink.
Yeah right, Truex better get a good finish in
Bristol, or it "will be last time in Hendrick car"
because if he wrecks, I do not think he will be
ever in a Jr motorsports car again JMO.
Nicole

AOL

#8 Mar 7, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Truex will do fine, hes an awesome talent.
Talent or not, I do not like Truex. I wish DEI
would build him some nationwide cars, so Jr would
not always have to give him a ride, Landon Cassill
should be in this car not Truex.
Truex drives for DEI, if needs a nationwide ride
ask Richard Childress for one, he has 3 cars in the nationwide series, plus RCR and DEI merged
engines.. isn't that enough??????????
ABfan

Lethbridge, Canada

#10 Mar 7, 2008
I don't mind Truex but I am surprised DEI is allowing him to drive for Jr/Rick. It really makes you wonder what really is going on between DEI and JR.
Nicole

AOL

#11 Mar 7, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, Truex is a great friend of JR'S and I am glad that Jr has given him a chance to drive his car.
Well, I am glad you like Truex, like I said I do not.....
Hopefully this 1 time only deal. Truex should be
driving DEI cars, he is the face of DEI.
If JR wants put somebody in the 5 it should Mears
that his teammate not Truex.....
Junior Nation

United States

#13 Mar 7, 2008
ABfan wrote:
I don't mind Truex but I am surprised DEI is allowing him to drive for Jr/Rick. It really makes you wonder what really is going on between DEI and JR.
DEI only runs their Nationwide cars during a few races so the drivers aren't under contract and can jump over to another team. Normally their sponsors have to approve it. They normally have to stay with the car manufacturer they are with in the Cup series. That is why when Rowdy drives the 51 truck it's a Toyota but is a Chevy on weeks that he is not in it (very strange situation).
Junior Nation

United States

#14 Mar 7, 2008
Lisa wrote:
I think It's great that DEI let him drive for JR and Rick, I guess maybe Teresa and JR buried the hatchet?
Not quite. Truex isn't under a Nationwide contract only a Cup contract.
Nicole

AOL

#17 Mar 7, 2008
Lisa wrote:
I think It's great that DEI let him drive for JR and Rick, I guess maybe Teresa and JR buried the hatchet?
Would you bury the hatchet with someone, took all
the sponsers and millions dollars out of your
company. and the fans label you a wicked, bad
stepmother, and the fans hate you.
I do not she buried any hatchet. I thinks she
truly despises him, and that makes me wonder why
would she let her number one driver, TRUEX Jr
drive for a guy she cannot stand.
Thats why I do not like Truex, he works for her,
how can you trust somebody like that, when he
works for Teresa Earnhardt. What does think she
is going to gain by letting Truex drive for Jr?
All of sudden Teresa Earnhardt is giving into
what Jr wants? something about is not right...
Maybe she let Paul Menard drive the 5, first Mark
Martin and now Truex....
Junior Nation

United States

#19 Mar 7, 2008
Nicole wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you bury the hatchet with someone, took all
the sponsers and millions dollars out of your
company. and the fans label you a wicked, bad
stepmother, and the fans hate you.
I do not she buried any hatchet. I thinks she
truly despises him, and that makes me wonder why
would she let her number one driver, TRUEX Jr
drive for a guy she cannot stand.
Thats why I do not like Truex, he works for her,
how can you trust somebody like that, when he
works for Teresa Earnhardt. What does think she
is going to gain by letting Truex drive for Jr?
All of sudden Teresa Earnhardt is giving into
what Jr wants? something about is not right...
Maybe she let Paul Menard drive the 5, first Mark
Martin and now Truex....
It has nothing to do with her "letting" them drive for JRM. They are under contract for the Cup series NOT the Nationwide series.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#21 Mar 7, 2008
I'm being stupid I guess, but can she really prevent him from driving for JRM if there is no contract for that series?
Junior Nation

United States

#23 Mar 7, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
I'm being stupid I guess, but can she really prevent him from driving for JRM if there is no contract for that series?
Nope... Unless it is in his Cup contract stating he can not drive for another team in the Nationwide series which is very unlikely. This is how/why other drivers drive for other teams too. Such as Rowdy, DH, Smoke, BL, KH etc... The big issue is the car sponsors.. normally they will only drive for times that have the same logo on them. This is one reason Smoke is not driving for KH this year, KH is Chevy and Smoke needs to drive Toyota. BL is about the only exception I know of. He drives Dodge for Petty and RCR is Chevy.
Nicole

AOL

#24 Mar 7, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with her "letting" them drive for JRM. They are under contract for the Cup series NOT the Nationwide series.
I disagree, Teresa Earnhardt, if she wanted to
she could stop him from driving Jrs car.....
DEI has to agree to it, his sister Kelley thanked
DEI for letting him drive Jr's car....
Tony Stewart had to get Gibbs permission to drive
Harvicks car.
Teresa Earnhardt still has the final say, if TRuex
can drive Dale Jr's car..
Nicole

AOL

#26 Mar 7, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he is not under nationwide contract so he can freely drive jr's car without teresa's permission.
I still disgree, he still has to let DEI know that
he is going to drive Jr's car. He probably has
to get Max Siegal to agree to this, he runs Teresa
Earnhardt's company.
But you never know, Truex contract up this year,
maybe they are letting him drive Jr's car to keep him happy.......
I believe one thing, when he resigns with DEI,
Truex will probably never drive Dale Jr's
nationwide cars anymore. Teresa Earnhardt will make sure she puts that his new contract... jmo

Since: Feb 07

Dubberly, Louisiana

#28 Mar 7, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN, as has been said MANY times, he is NOT under a nationwide series contract for them, so he does NOT need their permission.
WHY AREN'T YOU IN SCHOOL? I don't know I bet he does have to ok it with DEI. They only let Jr. drive a few Nationwide races yearly while he was there. It is snowing!! Hard, the trees and grass are turning white and school is letting out early. I know it is not a big deal to those of you that get it all the time, but we never see snow here, in nw la, so it is a pretty big deal. It won't stay long though, the ground is too warm. Maybe we will get enough to make some snowballs. I'd like to get my kids outside and get some payback. That is if they don't gang up on me.

Since: Feb 07

Dubberly, Louisiana

#32 Mar 7, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, I stayed home because of the flu crap going around, I have been achy all day. I never got to see snow before. Of course It never snows in florida.
We hardly ever get it. I think it has been 7-8 years since we had snow and it was only a couple of inches then. My yard is turning white and the flakes are huge. It's really pretty.
Junior Nation

United States

#33 Mar 7, 2008
Mr Breeze wrote:
truex isn't being 'given a chance' to drive those cars. he isn't going around looking. well, i don't have this as fact anyway, but i imagine that he was asked to drive - he didn't go looking for a team, a team needing drivers went looking for him - so they can be competitve. who better than truex for a busch ride? and mark etc. its just going after solid drivers who will win or finish near the front and not wreck.
That's exactly it. Jr stated from the very beginning that he basically wanted to make his #5 team an "All Star" team. Looks like he's doing a pretty good job of it so far. If it wasn't for the 50 point penalty the #5 would be leading in the Owner points. Running 2nd right now but only down by 11 pts.
Nicole

AOL

#36 Mar 7, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly it. Jr stated from the very beginning that he basically wanted to make his #5 team an "All Star" team. Looks like he's doing a pretty good job of it so far. If it wasn't for the 50 point penalty the #5 would be leading in the Owner points. Running 2nd right now but only down by 11 pts.
Yeah, the all star DEI brigade, hope Jr gets
Menard and Regan Smith to drive the 5.
Would that not be cool????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... Jul 17 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... Jul 3 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
More from around the web