Drivers size up their chances

Drivers size up their chances

There are 38 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Drivers size up their chances. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

“I don't know if I'm a darkhorse. We've run well enough lately. Hopefully, we're one of the guys to beat, but it doesn't really matter what people consider you, it's just how you run.”

The only thing separating 12 drivers and a Nextel Cup Series championship is 3,227 laps of racing in the next three months. via Athens Banner-Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SWIFT BOAT GRANNY

Griffin, GA

#21 Oct 4, 2007
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>Andy, when was my original post?? before the chase started.. but I still might be right because they now have Jr to be the punter
I gots ta agree with ya on this one Debi, no doubt Jr is messing where he dont belong and i started to like him again but he is showing himself an ass!!!
SWIFT BOAT GRANNY

Griffin, GA

#22 Oct 4, 2007
Wayde wrote:
My Prediction! Not one driver will make up the points that Gordon gave them before the Chase!
You are such the dumb ass!!! but hell as you may be, we just caint fix ""STUPID""
andy 24

Nampa, ID

#23 Oct 4, 2007
SWIFT BOAT GRANNY wrote:
<quoted text>I gots ta agree with ya on this one Debi, no doubt Jr is messing where he dont belong and i started to like him again but he is showing himself an ass!!!
no he isnt 'he apolized ta kyle for last week.
SWIFT BOAT GRANNY

Griffin, GA

#24 Oct 4, 2007
Apolize after the damage is done, now isnt that a sweet thing?? No doubt being ole sissy jimmie dont like Kyle he and hendricks has it set and using Jr as there stool pegion to take out anybody who they know they just cannot beat and Jr took the bait will the hendricks boys excluding Kyle laughing there ass off at Jr and saying now we got us a fool!!!!!And you agreeded that Jr was wrong being Kyle is in the chase, what changed your mind now???
Nascar Fan

United States

#25 Oct 4, 2007
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>Andy, when was my original post?? before the chase started.. but I still might be right because they now have Jr to be the punter
Well Junior is not the only punter stu had punted a few this year even his teammate. Little Busch and Big Busch are good punters and Denny is not a virgin. So why single Junior out?????
Nascar Fan

United States

#26 Oct 4, 2007
SWIFT BOAT GRANNY wrote:
Apolize after the damage is done, now isnt that a sweet thing?? No doubt being ole sissy jimmie dont like Kyle he and hendricks has it set and using Jr as there stool pegion to take out anybody who they know they just cannot beat and Jr took the bait will the hendricks boys excluding Kyle laughing there ass off at Jr and saying now we got us a fool!!!!!And you agreeded that Jr was wrong being Kyle is in the chase, what changed your mind now???
Kyle has taken out drivers so what's the big deal?? He even took his brother out. He is not thru Dega yet. He wrecked in both races before
and just wait and see he may take out your guy this week.

“I'm Just What Tony Needs”

Since: Sep 07

Grand Forks, ND

#27 Oct 4, 2007
looks like Tony is the man to beat... after all if Jimmie can come out of Kansas last year down by 165 then the mear 118 that Tony needs to assume the points lead (the -117 + 1 for the lead and no tie)

Grand Forks, ND

#28 Oct 4, 2007
Nascar Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Kyle has taken out drivers so what's the big deal?? He even took his brother out. He is not thru Dega yet. He wrecked in both races before
and just wait and see he may take out your guy this week.
Maybe Kyle'll take out jimmie, jeffie and jr ... like last year w/ Brian Vickers... man I liked him too... and can root for him without violating the anti-Hendrick rule in my house... no exceptions...

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#29 Oct 5, 2007
andy 24 wrote:
<quoted text>watch an see jr. is gonna win plenty of races next year debi.if you wanna talk PUNTER isnt that what yeley is for gibbsan if so then it will be kyle or denny for gibbs next year..works both ways.....
JJ is not a punter.. a punter is someone who kocks someone else out of the way. JJ has been in bad positions to get wrecked out by others.. he has not caused any wrecks this season..like Jr

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#30 Oct 5, 2007
SmokesDreamGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Kyle'll take out jimmie, jeffie and jr ... like last year w/ Brian Vickers... man I liked him too... and can root for him without violating the anti-Hendrick rule in my house... no exceptions...
yeah, I like Vickers too. I hope these open wheelers coming in who are used to going 200 mph are not going to harm the Toyota teams even more in qualifying. I have nothing against the others coming in, but the poor guys who qualify faster than some of the 35 locked in now have yet another type of driver to make them go home..

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#31 Oct 5, 2007
Nascar Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Well Junior is not the only punter stu had punted a few this year even his teammate. Little Busch and Big Busch are good punters and Denny is not a virgin. So why single Junior out?????
cuz Jr did it to the guy whose team he will be driving for in an effort to help his future teamates..Jr has turned into a spoiler this year and that is sad..

Location hidden

#32 Oct 5, 2007
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>JJ is not a punter.. a punter is someone who kocks someone else out of the way. JJ has been in bad positions to get wrecked out by others.. he has not caused any wrecks this season..like Jr
JJ may not be a punter, but he is seriously lucky when it comes to wrecking out!(Well, except Indy...hee hee)

I think his luck is about to run out! Go Smoke!

“Bye old girl, you been great. ”

Since: Feb 07

Bradenton, FL

#33 Oct 5, 2007
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
JJ may not be a punter, but he is seriously lucky when it comes to wrecking out!(Well, except Indy...hee hee)
I think his luck is about to run out! Go Smoke!
We need Brain Vickers in the race again for JJ. I sure he'll love doing that tangle over again.

Since: Dec 06

Charlotte, NC

#34 Oct 5, 2007
Big20Fan wrote:
<quoted text>We need Brain Vickers in the race again for JJ. I sure he'll love doing that tangle over again.
That is one of my all time favorite moments!!!!!!
Give me a Break

United States

#35 Oct 6, 2007
NC Roxy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of my all time favorite moments!!!!!!
My favorite is when Tony took him and Denny both out.

Location hidden

#36 Oct 6, 2007
Big20Fan wrote:
<quoted text>We need Brain Vickers in the race again for JJ. I sure he'll love doing that tangle over again.
Did you know that Casey Mears was Johnson's Best Man at his wedding? Kinda makes sense that Mears got Vicker's ride, huh? LOL

Grand Forks, ND

#37 Oct 6, 2007
Big20Fan wrote:
Yeap - and I would 'pay' to see it happen...only involve jeffie ... after all, that was all that was missing from the mealy last year...

Grand Forks, ND

#38 Oct 6, 2007
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Casey Mears was Johnson's Best Man at his wedding? Kinda makes sense that Mears got Vicker's ride, huh? LOL
and why he'd stay to play in the sandbox and kyle was sent packing... that's ok they'll all get what's coming to them... what comes around...goes around... sometimes in more than one at a time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar Jul 29 skillett 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... Jul '16 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
More from around the web