Pit incident proves costly for Busch

Pit incident proves costly for Busch

There are 107 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 9, 2007, titled Pit incident proves costly for Busch. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Kurt Busch paid a hefty price for his fit in the pit. There's more: Kurt Busch also was placed on probation for the remainder of the NASCAR season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
sealionindy

United States

#1 Jun 9, 2007
One can always tell the kids with that behavior. Keep getting fined and losing points and Penske and other owners will be gone.
Willejr

Marshall, IL

#2 Jun 9, 2007
sealionindy, i guess you are to young to have saw the first televised nascar race. it ended in a fist fight and there was no going to commerical break. we got to watch the whole sabang. that was back when racing was great.
earnhardt fan

Palo Alto, CA

#3 Jun 9, 2007
I guess putting a wrong bracket on a wing is dangerous then someone's life and get six weeks suspension. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Kurt Busch said the penalty was less because no one was injured that shouldn't make a difference, you put someone's life in jeopardy and all you are getting is points taking away from you and $$$$ that is just change in your pocket....get real!!!!! I know it was the heat of the moment but nothing to me excuses what he did in the pits. Kurt Busch is nothing but a whiney little brat and deserves a lot more then he got. If his brother don't change his ways he will end up just like him......
Bowtie Lover

AOL

#4 Jun 9, 2007
Tony sayshe wants to talk with Busch, huh? Let's hope it's face to face and Tony kicks this idiot's butt.
Both the Busch boys need to be run out of NASCAR. Their holier than thou attitude sickens the sport plus both seem to have a stronger attraction with the wall than the checkered flag. Kyle and Kurt both Suck!
lady4tony20

Grandy, MN

#5 Jun 9, 2007
I agree that the penalty should have been more. Jr got the same penalty for the wing. My question here is what would it have been if the shoe were on the other foot and it was Tony that did it. They would be cruxifying (spelling?) him right now. I do not think that it was a fair penalty but lets see what happens on the track now. It is going to be interesting the rest of the season between Tony and the idiot. LOL.
Are you kidding me

Westfield, IN

#6 Jun 9, 2007
The Busch boys have a "holier than thou" attitude?!?!?!?...Stewart thinks he's bigger than all of NASCAR (and with that gut frequently is) and he should have been kicked out of NASCAR years ago.
franikinator

United States

#7 Jun 9, 2007
earnhardt fan wrote:
I guess putting a wrong bracket on a wing is dangerous then someone's life and get six weeks suspension. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Kurt Busch said the penalty was less because no one was injured that shouldn't make a difference, you put someone's life in jeopardy and all you are getting is points taking away from you and $$$$ that is just change in your pocket....get real!!!!! I know it was the heat of the moment but nothing to me excuses what he did in the pits. Kurt Busch is nothing but a whiney little brat and deserves a lot more then he got. If his brother don't change his ways he will end up just like him......
his brother already did change his ways.. numerous times this year Kyle has had bad experiences on track and the worst that he has done was to leave the track.. Kyle is going to be fine.. Kurt just needs to swallow his pride, tell Tony and any other driver he has messed with that he is sorry and it won't happen again.. the entire deal is that Kurt does not learn.. Kyle did learn, thanks to Tony Stewart
franikinator

United States

#8 Jun 9, 2007
Are you kidding me wrote:
The Busch boys have a "holier than thou" attitude?!?!?!?...Stewart thinks he's bigger than all of NASCAR (and with that gut frequently is) and he should have been kicked out of NASCAR years ago.
Tony just wants to be allwoed to race, not to follow pace cars around thet rack.. Tony is what makes any race worth watching. he is the best

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9 Jun 9, 2007
lady4tony20 wrote:
I agree that the penalty should have been more. Jr got the same penalty for the wing. My question here is what would it have been if the shoe were on the other foot and it was Tony that did it. They would be cruxifying (spelling?) him right now. I do not think that it was a fair penalty but lets see what happens on the track now. It is going to be interesting the rest of the season between Tony and the idiot. LOL.
I
guess Penske must have put some money in Nascar's pocket. Some kind of a deal had to be made for the
hot head to be back on the track this week. NASCAR IS NOT FAIR WITH THE DRIVERS..I HOPE HE GETS TAKEN OUT ON THE FIRST LAP....MAYBE HIS CAR WILL JUST QUIT
RUNNING..KURT YOU SUCK BIG TIME.....

“Luv the Stubble!”

Since: Mar 07

Las Vegas

#10 Jun 9, 2007
Are you kidding me wrote:
The Busch boys have a "holier than thou" attitude?!?!?!?...Stewart thinks he's bigger than all of NASCAR (and with that gut frequently is) and he should have been kicked out of NASCAR years ago.
WTF!! Kurt's ears are bigger than Tony's gut!! Ask the cop in Phoenix that pulled Kurt over what his attitude was, he hadn't been in Nascar that long and his remark to the cop was "Do you know who I am? I'm a famous Nascar driver" BFD!!!! So are a lot of other guys that drive 100 times better than Busch, and yes I'm from Vegas. You'll find he doesn't have many fans in his hometown.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 Jun 9, 2007
wildcat20 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF!! Kurt's ears are bigger than Tony's gut!! Ask the cop in Phoenix that pulled Kurt over what his attitude was, he hadn't been in Nascar that long and his remark to the cop was "Do you know who I am? I'm a famous Nascar driver" BFD!!!! So are a lot of other guys that drive 100 times better than Busch, and yes I'm from Vegas. You'll find he doesn't have many fans in his hometown.
He don't have many fans anywhere.Indy fans can't stand him.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#12 Jun 9, 2007
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I
guess Penske must have put some money in Nascar's pocket. Some kind of a deal had to be made for the
hot head to be back on the track this week. NASCAR IS NOT FAIR WITH THE DRIVERS..I HOPE HE GETS TAKEN OUT ON THE FIRST LAP....MAYBE HIS CAR WILL JUST QUIT
RUNNING..KURT YOU SUCK BIG TIME.....
Where will Juan be when we need him.
Turbo Annie from CA

United States

#13 Jun 9, 2007
Why Robin Pemberton didn't park Busch for Pocono is beyond me.
Why Roger Penske hired him is another questionable activity by someone who should know better - I always thought Roger was as concerned by character as by competitiveness, but with Busch, he sure dropped the ball.
whocares

Delaware, OH

#14 Jun 9, 2007
sigh, wonder how much it cost Roger THIS time to get Kurt out of trouble. This makes twice. I kind of liked the quote from Kurt calling Tony the Rosie O'Donnell of NASCAR and that was AFFTER the penalties were announced yesterday (see nascar.com ). Where is Jimmy Spencer when we need him? Tony would/should/could knock a little sense in him but whiney Kurt/Roger would get Tony parked for that.

Since: Apr 07

Changing photo..changing mood.

#15 Jun 9, 2007
whocares wrote:
sigh, wonder how much it cost Roger THIS time to get Kurt out of trouble. This makes twice. I kind of liked the quote from Kurt calling Tony the Rosie O'Donnell of NASCAR and that was AFFTER the penalties were announced yesterday (see nascar.com ). Where is Jimmy Spencer when we need him? Tony would/should/could knock a little sense in him but whiney Kurt/Roger would get Tony parked for that.
With just a little bit of luck....and really, we all know thats all we need....Kurt will take the backup car into the wall early...and that will be that. Kurt can wreck himself just fine, leave the rest of the guys to race.
anonymous

North Fort Myers, FL

#16 Jun 9, 2007
Kurt Busch is very irresponsible and should be parked for the rest of the season.He should be fired. and not allowed to race in any type of motorsports.................

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#17 Jun 9, 2007
frankinator would you be related to ms dabs or are you just another alter -ego
bshirley

Birmingham, AL

#18 Jun 9, 2007
I think he should be parked, if he had hit that man he could've been injured permanently for Busch's ignorance. How do you fix an permanent injury or ignorance??? Which is easiest?? Step up to the plate nascar. What do you think Nascar would have done to him if his last name had been Earnhardt???? Of course we know JR would not have retalitated like that...but the punishment does not fit. Busch should be dismissed from Nascar the rest of the season.
Come on

Moores Hill, IN

#19 Jun 9, 2007
If the Busch boys were out of NASCAR who would we cheer for when they wreck? There are too many "Poster Boys" in the sport as it is. You have to have SOMEBODY that everybody loves to hate. It just makes the sport more fun!

Anyway, Kurt's lovely wife will have $100,000 less to spend shopping, and he will have to work like hell to make up the 100 pts. by the time the "Race" starts.
Amber

Louisville, KY

#20 Jun 9, 2007
I am so sick of the Bucsch brothers. They are both nothing but trouble. You would think that between all of the trouble the cause and all of the wrecks they cause Nascar would do something about it. But as long as they are keeping Gordon and Jr (who is way overrated) in the spotlight they dont care about anything else. Kurt should be penalized from racing at least a race or two. But since it happened to Tony they dont care but if it would have been Gordon Busch would have been set out races. Whatever that's NASCAR for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... Jul 17 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... Jul 3 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
More from around the web