Chase Standings Jumbled As Teams Head To Kansas

Sep 27, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Paddock Talk

Two races into the 2007 Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup, and drama appears unceasing. via Paddock Talk

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Sep 27, 2007
stewart fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

how can carl not pass inspection when the cars are all templated?

“TonyfanAnn”

Since: Dec 06

Someplace in the United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

stewart fan wrote:
Because the car was too low in the right rear. NASCAR allowed the 99 team to take the car out of the tech area, let it settle and then bring it back. It failed the second time also. So therefore NASCAR ruled it a penalty.

Unlike at New Hampshire, where Stewart's car was too low the first go through. The second time the car went through after settling, the car was not too low. Please there was damage to the Stewart car in the area where it was too low.

From what I have read it seems that there might have been some bent parts in that area. Some think it was caused when Greg Biffle hit the 99 after the race to congratulate him for the win.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

stewart fan wrote:
Well, his car passed inspection before the race and passed inspection after the race except for being too low to the ground on the right rear corner. NASCAR said they did not believe it something intentional but they have limits on how high or low the car can be at specific places. The car was taken to Charlotte to their research center but as of this afternoon they had not given a specific reason why the car was low. I could have been nothing more than a spring collapsed or stuck shock. Had they found it before the race he would not have been penalized unless they found a specific rules violation to cause it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
Martin Truex Jr. knows he must get the job done... (Feb '12) Jun '13 Whoyakidding 7
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
It's NHRA v. NASCAR in charity baseball game (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jon Benedict 1

Search the Martin Truex Jr. Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••