MAX says DEI "NOT" For Sale

MAX says DEI "NOT" For Sale

There are 5 comments on the www.sportingnews.com story from Jul 11, 2008, titled MAX says DEI "NOT" For Sale. In it, www.sportingnews.com reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Inc. is not for sale at this point, DEI president Max Siegel told a media outlet after internet reports indicated Teresa Earnhardt was shopping the company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sportingnews.com.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#1 Jul 11, 2008
WELL.... Some at sirus better check their sources before reporting.
Sad

AOL

#2 Jul 14, 2008
I don't understand why so many poster's on this article's comment page can put Teresa down and say she has no business running DEI? Dale Sr. did not make that company into the monster it became all by himself, he had his wife by his business side all the way!
I am glad to see that Max stood up and made clear that DEI is not selling at this point in time.

I understand that Jr followers would like to see him win on the track and take over DEI, I get the fantasy, really I do, but what I don't get is how pathetic everyone sounds when they make Teresa the target of they're clueless business sense of anger. She worked her butt off getting and keeping DEI where it is today and that can not be easy after you loose your husband, best friend and business partner.

I don't pretend to understand that I know her relationship with Jr, I don't have a clue! I also don't know Jr's feelings about DEI's future now that he has washed his hands of the situation that lead him to leave the family business this last year. The whole thing is heart breaking to watch. Only time will be the deciding factor as to the fate of DEI. Why doesn't anyone think about supporting Teresa and Jr's love for Dale Sr and the future of DEI? Everyone in Nascar that loved Sr seems to link him and DEI into dream status. Young drivers would love to be a part of that dream. Maybe that is asking too much, I don't know.
If both Teresa and Jr can put their personal feelings aside just long enough to acknowledge all the hard work they both contributed to this company before and after the death of Dale Sr, maybe they can pier into the future and see DEI for what it can become.

Signed,

Just a spectator who listen's to young drivers talk about DEI in these ways.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 14, 2008
History has proven that the 'rumors' put out on the media, are almost always true. I find it interesting that Max would use the terminology he did.
"at this time', "right now".
Both statements imply that DEI will be for sale at some point. Also, if Max is in fact one who wants to buy DEI, then it would be in his best interests to say such a thing.
Yes, Teresa did build DEI and she owns it. She can do whatever she pleases with it.
It would not surprise me in the least to see her sell it. I would not blame her. After all she does own the name Dale Earnhardt Sr., and ALL the memorabilia business related to it.
I say good for her.
NOT IN A MILLION

Miami, FL

#4 Jul 14, 2008
Sad wrote:
I don't understand why so many poster's on this article's comment page can put Teresa down and say she has no business running DEI? Dale Sr. did not make that company into the monster it became all by himself, he had his wife by his business side all the way!
I am glad to see that Max stood up and made clear that DEI is not selling at this point in time.
I understand that Jr followers would like to see him win on the track and take over DEI, I get the fantasy, really I do, but what I don't get is how pathetic everyone sounds when they make Teresa the target of they're clueless business sense of anger. She worked her butt off getting and keeping DEI where it is today and that can not be easy after you loose your husband, best friend and business partner.
I don't pretend to understand that I know her relationship with Jr, I don't have a clue! I also don't know Jr's feelings about DEI's future now that he has washed his hands of the situation that lead him to leave the family business this last year. The whole thing is heart breaking to watch. Only time will be the deciding factor as to the fate of DEI. Why doesn't anyone think about supporting Teresa and Jr's love for Dale Sr and the future of DEI? Everyone in Nascar that loved Sr seems to link him and DEI into dream status. Young drivers would love to be a part of that dream. Maybe that is asking too much, I don't know.
If both Teresa and Jr can put their personal feelings aside just long enough to acknowledge all the hard work they both contributed to this company before and after the death of Dale Sr, maybe they can pier into the future and see DEI for what it can become.
Signed,
Just a spectator who listen's to young drivers talk about DEI in these ways.
I'm one Jr fan that does not want to Jr to own DEI. Jr is doing much better just driving at HMS. With JRM and driving along with all his other ventures he has his plate full. Buying DEI would just add pressure to him and he would not be able to focus on his driving. As far as I'm concern Teresa can keep it or she can sell it. That's her business.
NOT IN A MILLION

Miami, FL

#5 Jul 14, 2008
Aquarius-WY wrote:
History has proven that the 'rumors' put out on the media, are almost always true. I find it interesting that Max would use the terminology he did.
"at this time', "right now".
Both statements imply that DEI will be for sale at some point. Also, if Max is in fact one who wants to buy DEI, then it would be in his best interests to say such a thing.
Yes, Teresa did build DEI and she owns it. She can do whatever she pleases with it.
It would not surprise me in the least to see her sell it. I would not blame her. After all she does own the name Dale Earnhardt Sr., and ALL the memorabilia business related to it.
I say good for her.
You're right about rumors and the media. Just look at Newman, he is no longer with Penske (well starting next season).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar (Jul '16) Jul '16 skillett 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... (Jul '16) Jul '16 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... (Jul '16) Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... (Mar '16) Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
More from around the web