Junior, Martin team up

Junior, Martin team up

There are 30 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 26, 2007, titled Junior, Martin team up. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr . and Mark Martin will be teammates for the first time this weekend in the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard after a merger of their teams announced Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
boilergeo

AOL

#1 Jul 26, 2007
Amazing...three months ago, Bobby Ginn had more money than God and was a major player in the Dale Jr. sweepstakes. Now he's selling out to DEI because of a lack of cash. Like the old joke says: how do you get a small fortune in racing? Start with a big one. Too bad that good guys like Front Row Joe and Marlin get hosed in the process.
Dale Jr Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jul 26, 2007
boilergeo wrote:
Amazing...three months ago, Bobby Ginn had more money than God and was a major player in the Dale Jr. sweepstakes. Now he's selling out to DEI because of a lack of cash. Like the old joke says: how do you get a small fortune in racing? Start with a big one. Too bad that good guys like Front Row Joe and Marlin get hosed in the process.
Yes Joe got hosed when Martin took his car and points.He was supposed to be retireing but he
retired Joe......
Jim I

Covington, KY

#3 Jul 26, 2007
You know teams work their ass off to make the race then "the powers to be" let a team be absorbed and a team who can't make a race no matter what gets in because someone else was better than them. More BULLSHIT from NASCAR.
Is their a Tony George in NASCAR?
The good old boys would like to see one. We need to get back to who started round racing and it was not in NEW YORK CITY!!!
Michigan Boiler

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Jul 26, 2007
I'm glad Jr didn't sign with Ginn Racing. He would be right back with Teresa and DEI.
SMOKE FAN

Utica, KY

#5 Jul 26, 2007
OK Mark Martin is a good vetern racer, BUT HE NEEDS OT RETIRE.

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jul 26, 2007
Ginn has A LOT OF MONEY.

Problem is that he is a smart guy who has lost money before in other business ventures, and he will NOT do that again in NASCAR.

Ginn will be the owner of record on the 01 car.
The 14's points will go to the 15 DEI car and Paul Menard. My guess is that the 01 and 15 car will be housed out of the Ginn garage complex which is larger than DEI's present facility and has more advanced equipment like the state of the art 7 point shaker rig.

DEI just got better, and Ginn gets to stay in racing without spending a million per week struggling to find sponsorship.

Too bad that all of this has happened AFTER Junior decided to go to Hendrick.

Junior's demands since his announcement have actually been met.

1. DEI has aquired Ginn and upgraded their ability to build more competitive equipment.

2. DEI also went into an engine development deal with Richard Childress Racing, and will have a better engine program.

The reason Junior left is because he wanted to fix DEI's deficiencies in the area of competition. DEI has now done that, but it turns out that they did it a couple of months too late to keep Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Ironic.
MJRJrFan

Markham, Canada

#7 Jul 26, 2007
I agree with Mark.
I have to wonder, why did T wait until Jr left before making those changes????
Tony Stewart once said that T would turn DEI into a museum. Looks like that could be happening soon.
menards

Cherry Hill, NJ

#8 Jul 26, 2007
would have been even funnier if Ginn was able to sign junior to a contract, and then sold the teams to DEI.
boilergeo wrote:
Amazing...three months ago, Bobby Ginn had more money than God and was a major player in the Dale Jr. sweepstakes. Now he's selling out to DEI because of a lack of cash. Like the old joke says: how do you get a small fortune in racing? Start with a big one. Too bad that good guys like Front Row Joe and Marlin get hosed in the process.
menards

Mount Laurel, NJ

#9 Jul 26, 2007
why do they call him Front-Row-Joe anyway. The guy only has 9 poles in his career, not exactly known for starting upfront. Is it just because it rymes?

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Jul 26, 2007
Because it rhymes.
Dale Jr Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jul 26, 2007
menards wrote:
would have been even funnier if Ginn was able to sign junior to a contract, and then sold the teams to DEI.
<quoted text>
Jr knew what he was doing...
He knew long before anyone else even had a clue.
Dale Jr Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jul 26, 2007
menards wrote:
why do they call him Front-Row-Joe anyway. The guy only has 9 poles in his career, not exactly known for starting upfront. Is it just because it rymes?
He got the Martin drop-kick....Martin has a son who will be racing someday
wonder how Papa would feel if his son got the drop-kick????? Take car and points...
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#13 Jul 26, 2007
menards wrote:
why do they call him Front-Row-Joe anyway. The guy only has 9 poles in his career, not exactly known for starting upfront. Is it just because it rymes?
Because several of them came in very short period several years ago.
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#14 Jul 26, 2007
I don't think there had been any discussion between Ginn and DEI when Dale Jr. signed with HMS. According to Mark Martin on NASCAR radio a few minutes ago this entire deal was one put together in one week. I feel certain Dale Jr. nor Teresa would have rushed to end their relationship had the possibility of acquiring Ginn racing and all the latest and greatest equipment been known back then. Both are coming up on the winning end of this deal though. Dale Jr. is going to have more freedom and make more money than ever possible if had stayed at DEI with Bud on the car. Everyone is looking at the deal in the since a lot of people are loosing their job, I look at it in the since that because Ginn salvaged part of the operation a lot of jobs were saved.
Junior Nation

United States

#16 Jul 26, 2007
MarkL5 wrote:
Ginn has A LOT OF MONEY.
Problem is that he is a smart guy who has lost money before in other business ventures, and he will NOT do that again in NASCAR.
Ginn will be the owner of record on the 01 car.
The 14's points will go to the 15 DEI car and Paul Menard. My guess is that the 01 and 15 car will be housed out of the Ginn garage complex which is larger than DEI's present facility and has more advanced equipment like the state of the art 7 point shaker rig.
DEI just got better, and Ginn gets to stay in racing without spending a million per week struggling to find sponsorship.
Too bad that all of this has happened AFTER Junior decided to go to Hendrick.
Junior's demands since his announcement have actually been met.
1. DEI has aquired Ginn and upgraded their ability to build more competitive equipment.
2. DEI also went into an engine development deal with Richard Childress Racing, and will have a better engine program.
The reason Junior left is because he wanted to fix DEI's deficiencies in the area of competition. DEI has now done that, but it turns out that they did it a couple of months too late to keep Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Ironic.
Yep, I guess her loosing her biggest asset (Jr.) may have opened up her eyes.

She didn't want to sell part of DEI to Jr but she sure did jump on the Ginn bandwagon. Boy, I bet Jr feels that huge slap in the face that good ol' stepmom would rather see DEI with a stranger instead of him.

Shows you what she thinks about the Earnhardt family name. Don't think she'll ever give up the 8.
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#17 Jul 26, 2007
Dale Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text> He got the Martin drop-kick....Martin has a son who will be racing someday
wonder how Papa would feel if his son got the drop-kick????? Take car and points...
Martin didn't have anything to do with Joe losing his ride. Lack of sponsorship and non-performance by Joe lost him that ride. The team doesn't even exist any longer for Matt Martin to go too. Joe had the same chassis and HMS power Martin did this year. Had he performed well enough to help attract a sponsor he would still be in the car.
True Jr Fan

AOL

#18 Jul 26, 2007
Dale Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text> Yes Joe got hosed when Martin took his car and points.He was supposed to be retireing but he
retired Joe......
Great Post..
True Jr Fan

AOL

#19 Jul 26, 2007
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I guess her loosing her biggest asset (Jr.) may have opened up her eyes.
She didn't want to sell part of DEI to Jr but she sure did jump on the Ginn bandwagon. Boy, I bet Jr feels that huge slap in the face that good ol' stepmom would rather see DEI with a stranger instead of him.
Shows you what she thinks about the Earnhardt family name. Don't think she'll ever give up the 8.
I agree 100% with you Jr. Nation...
Dale Jr Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jul 27, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Martin didn't have anything to do with Joe losing his ride. Lack of sponsorship and non-performance by Joe lost him that ride. The team doesn't even exist any longer for Matt Martin to go too. Joe had the same chassis and HMS power Martin did this year. Had he performed well enough to help attract a sponsor he would still be in the car.
Joe was already in the 01 why did Martin not get in the 13??????????
menards

Mount Laurel, NJ

#22 Jul 27, 2007
Because Army probably said "Oh you signed Mark Martin! He better be driving our car or else were leaving"
Dale Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Joe was already in the 01 why did Martin not get in the 13??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar Jul 29 skillett 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... Jul '16 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
More from around the web