Montoya, Harvick rumble after costly ...

Montoya, Harvick rumble after costly wreck

There are 54 comments on the Salisbury Post story from Aug 13, 2007, titled Montoya, Harvick rumble after costly wreck. In it, Salisbury Post reports that:

Rookie Juan Pablo Montoya had an eventful day even though he didn't record another road-course victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salisbury Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mike

Andover, MA

#43 Aug 15, 2007
great job. you've established that JPM is better than david ragan. that's... of no value. but i guess no one can argue the point! checkmate, you win!... i guess. by the way, the sky is blue.
HinUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we will never know. One thing is for cetain though is that the aforementioned Nascar driver would be no more likely to succeed in F1 than Montoya was and Gordon has not got the balls to try something new for fear of failing so all to do is wait and see if Montoya becomes a better driver in Nascar when his equipment allows and his experience grows. One thing for sure he is doing no worse than Ragan in the rookie stakes and Ragan probably has a better prepared car....
mike

Andover, MA

#44 Aug 15, 2007
i'm sure other drivers are spending a lot of time planning the details of knocking the [email protected] out of juan. the way you go on about the subject i'd think it might please you to wind up and smack yourself in the head a few times. try it, let me know.
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
I agree with Harvick's comments that Montoya has no respect for any of the driver's out there! There are many guys out there that have EARNED respect and deserve to be raced with it, something Montoya hasnt learned that yet, and i dont think he ever will. Harvick took it easy on him, but im goin to love the day when someone knocks the crap out of him and knocks that stupid accent out of him!
mike

Andover, MA

#45 Aug 15, 2007
and now i'm in agreement with the hernandez fan? geez who would have guessed? and no yeley plug in his post.
Yeley Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first mistake is you are listening to Kevin Harvick. Second, explain to my when earned is achieved? When Kevin Says So? Third, Kevin backed down from Juan, make no mistake about it. Juan Montoya is ten times the talent that Kevin will ever be, and in little over a half of a season is almost as good of a cup driver as Kevin, that's talent! Lastely, Juan's accent is one of many different accents from different cultures in our country. It is not any different than the hillbilly accents that you and many other have. Kevin is as dirty of a driver (at times) as anybody else, he has no room to talk.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#46 Aug 16, 2007
mike wrote:
rubbin implies incidental contact not spinning another car or knocking it into the fence (or gravel or whatever).
nascar 'fans' love to use the rubbin is racin foolishness as an excuse for overly aggressive driving which can be accomplished by any of the 43 cars on the track each week.
passing without wrecking the other car takes more talent.
<quoted text>
Mike,

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

“YNWA”

Since: Jun 07

Greenwood, IN.

#47 Aug 16, 2007
izzac wrote:
montoya sucks the rest of the drivers come from the bottom up he thinks he can start at the top got news for him the next race he wont make it the first 10 laps if he is around harvick
You don't think Montoya started at the bottom? Do you think he had never raced before he came to nascar? Of course he started at the bottom. Just because he didn't come through the nascar ranks doesn't mean he hasn't paid his dues.

I don't know why people aren't saying that for all the trouble that Truex has caused he will be the one taken out in the next race......

“YNWA”

Greenwood, IN.

#48 Aug 16, 2007
mike wrote:
great job. you've established that JPM is better than david ragan. that's... of no value. but i guess no one can argue the point! checkmate, you win!... i guess. by the way, the sky is blue.
<quoted text>
Thanks for that. We can all agree that Montoya is the Rookie of the year. I am sure that is his main goal this season, and winning a race in his first year is a bonus. Mission accomplished. Thanks for giving him the credit he deserves...
sunshine

Montoursville, PA

#50 Aug 16, 2007
If they aren't going to fine Harvick and his buddy for the incident last weekend, then Nascar is in trouble. They say they are fair but where are the fines and suspensions? They have to issue punishments to EVERYONE who breaks the rules. Get busy nascar and sock it to them.
Happy Harv

Independence, KY

#51 Aug 16, 2007
sunshine wrote:
If they aren't going to fine Harvick and his buddy for the incident last weekend, then Nascar is in trouble. They say they are fair but where are the fines and suspensions? They have to issue punishments to EVERYONE who breaks the rules. Get busy nascar and sock it to them.
So Sunshine, can Harvick wreck the field winning busch races and remain untouchable in cup? If Happy hits you it's rubbin, but if you hit him let the wrath of NASCAR strike you down. Sit Robby and let the chosen one be on his way???

“Cleveland Steamer anyone?”

San Juan Capistrano

#54 Aug 16, 2007
Happy Harv wrote:
<quoted text>So Sunshine, can Harvick wreck the field winning busch races and remain untouchable in cup? If Happy hits you it's rubbin, but if you hit him let the wrath of NASCAR strike you down. Sit Robby and let the chosen one be on his way???
And does Truex get penalties for rear ending Montoya or is that just racin'. It seems the definition of what is acceptable is not only dependant on the offender for Nascar but also for the people who post on here. Is anyone talking about the other incidents, of which there were many, in the race involving one car getting into another?
torrey881

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#55 Aug 18, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
I know Montoya didnt start that, but he needs his ass kicked! He's created this mess by driving wreckless in the past, and someone's goin to either put him in the wall, or get out and shove him around like yesterday, and he needs to be! In this series, you earn respect, you dont just take it and he hasnt learn that and just keeps putting himself in stupid situations. Ive never really cared much for Harvick, but i agreed with how he felt and reacted. Montoya is way to damn agressive, he's arrogant, and he needs to take some more English classes to speak where people can understand him more clearly!
Oh stop it both you and KH need to pull up your big boy panties and get on with life!
justa fan who knows

Gansevoort, NY

#56 Aug 18, 2007
where do get off being critica of my typing....I made one lousy error on "Gentleman". You just want to start something over nothing. You're the one like Harvick...not me
justa fan who knows

Gansevoort, NY

#57 Aug 18, 2007
ctitical.....my Dell keyboard is just too old!
DATSYUK FAN

Flint, MI

#58 Aug 24, 2007
i want to see harvick and burton to take on juan becuse burton had to stop it or there was going to be a fight

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#59 Aug 24, 2007
DATSYUK FAN wrote:
i want to see harvick and burton to take on juan becuse burton had to stop it or there was going to be a fight
Naw, there wasn't going to be a fight. If they had pulled their helmets off someone might have got his hair pulled and his face scratched. I hate when girls get into it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar (Jul '16) Jul '16 skillett 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... (Jul '16) Jul '16 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... (Jul '16) Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... (Mar '16) Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
More from around the web