Montoya, Harvick rumble after costly ...

Montoya, Harvick rumble after costly wreck

There are 54 comments on the Salisbury Post story from Aug 13, 2007, titled Montoya, Harvick rumble after costly wreck. In it, Salisbury Post reports that:

Rookie Juan Pablo Montoya had an eventful day even though he didn't record another road-course victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salisbury Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ra parr

Spartanburg, SC

#1 Aug 13, 2007
Montoya sould be took off the track, because he has hurt the entire nascar race for the chase. what hold does he have on the France gang,that he get's no FINES.....
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#2 Aug 13, 2007
Why should Montoya be took off the track, he has caused anymore wrecks than the average rookie. F1 driver or not, he is still learning to race in NASCAR. Every one out there came from some other form of racing before Cup and had to learn to race in Cup. I think Montoya gets in over his head because even he thinks that he is ready to go head to head with the top drivers in NASCAR when he really isn't yet. He will be in another year or so but not yet.
Cooper

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 13, 2007
ra parr wrote:
Montoya sould be took off the track, because he has hurt the entire nascar race for the chase. what hold does he have on the France gang,that he get's no FINES.....
Don't you mean Truex should be "took" off the track for causing the wreck(s)?

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Aug 13, 2007
ra parr wrote:
Montoya was punted going into the first turn at WG by MARTIN TRUEX JR.

Look at the tape.

Harvick OVER-REACTED as USUAL, and confronted Montoya.
Montoya held his ground and refused to take crap from a driver who as usual thinks with his butt instead of his head. Kevin Harvick needs to be fined for starting that arguement with Montoya before he knew what really happened. Today, Harvick is watching the tape and I guarentee you he feels like crap for doing what he did.

Point the finger at Truex.

And to anyone who thinks they can intimidate JP Montoya, give a call to Kevin Harvick and ask him how successful he was trying to do it on Sunday.
Doc

Littleton, CO

#5 Aug 13, 2007
I not only "looked at the tape" but was watching as it happened. JP was blocking and to freakin bad if Truex got into the back of him. When was the last time that Truex wrecked someone? Can't recall it ever happening. HOw many times has JP wrecked someone. I don't have that many fingers.....
It was a road course, shitz happens. It's really too bad that neither Harvick nor JP had the ballz to take off thier respective helmets and really settle it....
Les2

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#6 Aug 13, 2007
It was great how Montoya didn't take Harvick's crap i woul d have loved to see him lay Harvick out!...someone needs to put him in his place.
Dale Jr Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Aug 13, 2007
Les2 wrote:
It was great how Montoya didn't take Harvick's crap i woul d have loved to see him lay Harvick out!...someone needs to put him in his place.
I don't think Montoya could lay Harvick out. Biffle failed to do it in the truck races..How do you know he didn't take any crap. Did you hear what was said??????
Cooper

Atlanta, GA

#8 Aug 13, 2007
Dale Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think Montoya could lay Harvick out. Biffle failed to do it in the truck races..How do you know he didn't take any crap. Did you hear what was said??????
Harvick had his chance to beat up on Montoya - Montoya pushed Harvick twice with both hands after grabbing his helmet. Harvick even put on a show spinning his car around to block Montoya.
Everybody was thinking Fight! Fight!!!

Harvick set the fight up beautifully but in the end - failed miserably...
jay

Warren, OH

#9 Aug 13, 2007
Arrests of illegal immigrants double in NJ no wondon nascar does not go to jersey the have to kiss JPM AS$. Harvic should have wooped his a$$
Cooper

Atlanta, GA

#10 Aug 13, 2007
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/Dominic00/99...

"Heading into to turn one after a restart, the #1 car of Martin Truex Jr. got into the back of Montoya and punted him inside the #29 car of Kevin Harvick, thus causing both cars to wreck."
Cooper

Atlanta, GA

#11 Aug 13, 2007
jay wrote:
Arrests of illegal immigrants double in NJ no wondon nascar does not go to jersey the have to kiss JPM AS$. Harvic should have wooped his a$$
Harvick had his chance and he peed his panties instead - inbred bigot.
bblake

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#12 Aug 13, 2007
morons harvick has helped montoya alot with stock car racing. does anybody remember that montoya put harvick out of daytona. there was already bad blood that is why harvick was upset,not to mention the fact he lost alot of points.harvick is also on probation so even though he was mad he still was cautious
Cooper

Atlanta, GA

#13 Aug 13, 2007
bblake wrote:
morons harvick has helped montoya alot with stock car racing. does anybody remember that montoya put harvick out of daytona. there was already bad blood that is why harvick was upset,not to mention the fact he lost alot of points.harvick is also on probation so even though he was mad he still was cautious
Yea, if it wasn't for Harvick - Montoya wouldn't have known he couldn't turn right anymore - give me a break.
Multiple wrecks by various drivers happen every race. Get over yourself.
keith

Warren, OH

#14 Aug 13, 2007
Cooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, if it wasn't for Harvick - Montoya wouldn't have known he couldn't turn right anymore - give me a break.
Multiple wrecks by various drivers happen every race. Get over yourself.
HARVICK WAS HELPING JPM,AND THEY WERE FRIENDSAT THE BEGENING OF THE SEASON,SAID STAMENT CHIP GANASI IN A INTERVIEY AFTER JPM WRECKLES DRIVING ON THE TRACK,HAVICK WOULD WOOP JPM LITTLE 140lbs a$$.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#16 Aug 13, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
I know Montoya didnt start that, but he needs his ass kicked! He's created this mess by driving wreckless in the past, and someone's goin to either put him in the wall, or get out and shove him around like yesterday, and he needs to be! In this series, you earn respect, you dont just take it and he hasnt learn that and just keeps putting himself in stupid situations. Ive never really cared much for Harvick, but i agreed with how he felt and reacted. Montoya is way to damn agressive, he's arrogant, and he needs to take some more English classes to speak where people can understand him more clearly!
I thought driving wreckless was the NASCAR way.How's that phrase go...."rubbin' is racin'"?
izzac

Omaha, NE

#17 Aug 13, 2007
montoya sucks the rest of the drivers come from the bottom up he thinks he can start at the top got news for him the next race he wont make it the first 10 laps if he is around harvick
Kong

United States

#18 Aug 13, 2007
keith wrote:
<quoted text>
HARVICK WAS HELPING JPM,AND THEY WERE FRIENDSAT THE BEGENING OF THE SEASON,SAID STAMENT CHIP GANASI IN A INTERVIEY AFTER JPM WRECKLES DRIVING ON THE TRACK,HAVICK WOULD WOOP JPM LITTLE 140lbs a$$.
Settle down Timmy - no need have a temper tantrum.

As far as Harvick being a friend to Montoya. A "friend" would let their supposed buddy explain themselves before telling them they are going to kick their asses. Even AFTER Harvick was told that Truex pushed Montoya into him - he STILL said he wanted to kick his ass. Harvick had his chance but wilted like the pansy he is. Some friend Harvick is...
keith

Warren, OH

#19 Aug 13, 2007
Ijust can not see how anyone can try to justie the way he drives a stock car he is wrecklas.truex was way faster on restarts he should have ran jpm right into the wall.
Cappy

Owego, NY

#20 Aug 13, 2007
Pablo pulled out in front of a speeding train (TRUEX) trying to block him... with 18 laps to go.. He deserved to get punted, unfortunately others got caught up in it. He should go back to Formula 1 if he was so freaking good at it. Oh wait, he wasn't, that was Michael Schumacher !
keith

Warren, OH

#21 Aug 13, 2007
Kong wrote:
<quoted text>
Settle down Timmy - no need have a temper tantrum.
As far as Harvick being a friend to Montoya. A "friend" would let their supposed buddy explain themselves before telling them they are going to kick their asses. Even AFTER Harvick was told that Truex pushed Montoya into him - he STILL said he wanted to kick his ass. Harvick had his chance but wilted like the pansy he is. Some friend Harvick is...
NOT WHEN YOU ARE RACING FOR A CHASE SPOT, AN JPM IS WHAT 19TH IN THE STANDINGS I THINK I WOULD BE MORE MAD THAT IT WAS SOMEONE I WORKED WIYT TO HELP WITH THE CHANGES FROM OPEN WHEEL TO STOCK CARS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar (Jul '16) Jul '16 skillett 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... (Jul '16) Jul '16 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... (Jul '16) Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... (Mar '16) Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
More from around the web