Earnhardt getting closer to 2008 deci...

Earnhardt getting closer to 2008 decision

There are 16 comments on the Press of Atlantic City story from Jun 2, 2007, titled Earnhardt getting closer to 2008 decision. In it, Press of Atlantic City reports that:

' It sounds as if Dale Earnhardt Jr. is close to making a decision on which team he'll join in 2008. via Press of Atlantic City

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press of Atlantic City.

SAMMY

Durham, NC

#1 Jun 5, 2007
I WISH HE HURRYS UP I AM SICK OF STORY. I DONT CARE WHERE HE GOS HE WILL NOT WIN THERE HE JUST CANT DRIVE
Holy Moly

Vienna, VA

#3 Jun 5, 2007
WHATEVER!!!! You are so sick of the story that you had to start an entire Topix conversation about it.
SAMMY wrote:
I WISH HE HURRYS UP I AM SICK OF STORY. I DONT CARE WHERE HE GOS HE WILL NOT WIN THERE HE JUST CANT DRIVE

“Best of the Best of the Best..”

Since: Jan 07

Upstate NY

#4 Jun 5, 2007
Moly, he didnt start this story, it was posted by roboblogger, and as much as I dont agree with him, I to am anxious to find out where he will go, please be JGR, thats what I want, and sammy, if he does go to gibbs, he will do nothing but win, win, win, win, and win, and when he doesnt win, Tony will, or maybe even Denny!
Race Fan

Bridgeport, WV

#5 Jun 5, 2007
I hope he goes to HMS just so I can watch his fans have to think for once. Do I still cheer for him after all he is with HMS now??????
livinlifeinthefa stlane

United States

#6 Jun 5, 2007
Actually i am a Junior fan and I hope he does go to HMS.

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#7 Jun 5, 2007
I don't know where hes going, nor do I want to speculate, but it's certainly going to get interesting on these forums after he does make a decision! I smell a lot of controversy coming on! We haven't even begun to understand "Whining" yet... Can't wait!!!
NASCAR Cannuck

Dryden, Canada

#8 Jun 5, 2007
I hope he goes to some Australian team,... or maybe he could race camels in Afghanastan
If he's going just get gone already!!!

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#9 Jun 5, 2007
NASCAR Cannuck wrote:
I hope he goes to some Australian team,... or maybe he could race camels in Afghanastan
If he's going just get gone already!!!
TOO FUNNY!!!
Peter

Leicester, MA

#10 Jun 5, 2007
it would be good to see Jr. do with Ginn what his daddy did with RCR. Seems like that would become a similar relationship.
Peter

Leicester, MA

#11 Jun 5, 2007
I will repeat myself here 'cause I can't find the other post I did earlier.
I would disappointed if he went with Hendricks because it would take the competitive spirit from side-by-side with Gordon and Johnson. Sure they would each leave a teamate in the dust for a win, but it just wouldn't be the same if they were from the same camp. If he went with Gibbs, he an Tony play very well together and I think that Jr. Tony and Denny would be great team members, but I feel that he wants to make it "on his own now" and that could best be accomplished with Ginn. Hey whatever, as long as it isn't HMS.....
Steve

Clearwater, FL

#12 Jun 5, 2007
It's not Hendrick's..its Hendrick,and Dale ain't going there. The only possible way would be to dump Mears and even if they did the 25 program (although they did win last weekend)is widely cosidered to be the weak link in the Hendrick chain, and I don't think Dale would want to play 3rd or 4th fiddle (say nothing of 2nd)to a bunch of NASCAR sculpted prima donnas. Although his actual driving ability may be questioned by some, his marketing ability is off the chart and he, as well as certain owners, knows it. I say Childress is a slight favorite, but would not be at all surprised by Ginn.
Jim

United States

#13 Jun 6, 2007
Sammy, I am sick of the story too. But would you rush this decision? And I suppose you know more about driving than Tony Stewart, Rusty Wallace, Dale Jarret, etc.... who have all been quoted as saying Dale Jr is a great driver.
Holy Moly

Vienna, VA

#14 Jun 6, 2007
This is a life changing decision for him and to rush it would be crazy. I just want him to have the necessary tools to win races and championships so all the haters out there will finally shut up.
Jim wrote:
Sammy, I am sick of the story too. But would you rush this decision? And I suppose you know more about driving than Tony Stewart, Rusty Wallace, Dale Jarret, etc.... who have all been quoted as saying Dale Jr is a great driver.
NASCAR Cannuck

Dryden, Canada

#15 Jun 6, 2007
Steve wrote:
It's not Hendrick's..its Hendrick,and Dale ain't going there. The only possible way would be to dump Mears and even if they did the 25 program (although they did win last weekend)is widely cosidered to be the weak link in the Hendrick chain, and I don't think Dale would want to play 3rd or 4th fiddle (say nothing of 2nd)to a bunch of NASCAR sculpted prima donnas. Although his actual driving ability may be questioned by some, his marketing ability is off the chart and he, as well as certain owners, knows it. I say Childress is a slight favorite, but would not be at all surprised by Ginn.
Exactly right,... the part about questionable driving ability and insane marketing. Right now the team owners have all identified that they have about a 2 year window to milk "Young Earnhardt" sales. After that, when he still ain't won a championship, and his red army has sobered up those sales will fall off the way Kyle Petty's have. So they are only looking to cash in short term but must weigh the long term damage he will cause their team. Hendrick, RCR and JGR don't need him. Ginn can use the marketing boost.
Z France

Mollusk, VA

#16 Jun 6, 2007
Im A die hard earnhardt fan i remebr watching the rivalry between earnhardt and gordon and speaking for all the earnhardt out here I CANT STAND gordon u ask my 6 year old sister who she hates and she says jeff gordon.Seeing dale jr on the same team as gordon r that fagot kyle busch would be wierd. i really dont kno if teh chemistry would be there with teh other teammates I would love 2 see him at rcr but not drive teh # 3. Where ever he goes he will be good and contend 4 teh championship but it was just time for him 2 leave dei

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#17 Jun 6, 2007
I think he knows where he'd like to go. Its just a matter of negotiation now. I quit speculating because it keeps changing. This is a wait and see game. I'm sure theres going tobe alot of disappointed fans no matter what he does. He's not going to make everyone happy and he shouldn't have too. After all he's the one whose ulitimatly going to have to live with his decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar Jul 29 skillett 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... Jul '16 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
More from around the web