Truex Jr. re-signs with DEI - Aug 6, 2008

Aug 6, 2008 Full story: www.nascar.com 39

Martin Truex Jr . will return to the No. 1 Dale Earnhardt Inc. Chevrolet next year, Sporting News has learned.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kimmijo

United States

#21 Aug 7, 2008
Truex with DEI---Mears with Penske(?)---Newman with SHR.

Since: Jul 08

Rochester, NY

#22 Aug 7, 2008
And Farve goes to the JETS...

Who's gonna get all the dang media attention?? Poor Truex...there's still a part of me that wishes Teresa and DEI would fall flat on their arses! I know its been 7 years, but it seems that Dale is everywhere - wonder how many times HES rolled over in his grave...

Since: Dec 06

Benton, KY

#23 Aug 7, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
They have General Mills for their 4th car don't they?
I still think they will put Scott Wimmer in it.
That is what I keep reading, but I read somewhere that they are having trouble re-signing Jack Daniels for Boyer, so that might shuffle who gets in what. I think they'll shoot for a higher profile than Wimmer (but I don't claim to know what I'm talking about either) ha
Mr. Childress was on the pre-race Sunday and said that they hoped to get everything finalized soon and make an announcement in a couple of weeks.

Benton, KY

#24 Aug 7, 2008
kimmijo wrote:
Truex with DEI---Mears with Penske(?)---Newman with SHR.
I still say Penske will sign Stremme, JMO.

“Bite Me”

Since: Feb 08

Richmond, KY

#25 Aug 7, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that Truex and Mears have no talent and should go somewhere else, such as open wheel, or midgets? Anywhere but the cup?

“Life is good...”

Location hidden

#26 Aug 7, 2008
Gotta stick up for my Jersey boy. I think Truex has the talent.
Junior Nation

United States

#27 Aug 7, 2008
Boscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
I still say Penske will sign Stremme, JMO.
I'm with you on this one. I think Stremme will be in the 12. I'd like to see him get a ride, he kind of got the shaft last year with the 40.
JGR Rules

Colonial Heights, VA

#28 Aug 7, 2008
laurababy0105 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that Truex and Mears have no talent and should go somewhere else, such as open wheel, or midgets? Anywhere but the cup?
I am the only one who thinks {YOU ARE WRONG}

Benton, KY

#29 Aug 7, 2008
laurababy0105 wrote:
I don't think anyone gets to the Cup level with NO talent, too much money is being invested to hire just anyone on a whim. I think Casey is average at best and Martin is an incredible talent, I don't think his equipment is top notch. JMO
Junior Nation

United States

#30 Aug 7, 2008
Boscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I keep reading, but I read somewhere that they are having trouble re-signing Jack Daniels for Boyer, so that might shuffle who gets in what. I think they'll shoot for a higher profile than Wimmer (but I don't claim to know what I'm talking about either) ha
Mr. Childress was on the pre-race Sunday and said that they hoped to get everything finalized soon and make an announcement in a couple of weeks.
I saw that. I'm pretty sure Jack Daniels will re-sign for the 07 but one never knows. I know there were a lot of rumors about UPS being on the 07 but they put that rumor to rest and said no but of course that could be a rumor too :)

Silly season will continue for a couple of months more I think.
Junior Nation

United States

#31 Aug 7, 2008
marci4tony wrote:
And Farve goes to the JETS...
Who's gonna get all the dang media attention?? Poor Truex...there's still a part of me that wishes Teresa and DEI would fall flat on their arses! I know its been 7 years, but it seems that Dale is everywhere - wonder how many times HES rolled over in his grave...
Hey we almost got him here in Tampa Bay. Guess Gruden didn't push the higher uppers enough.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#32 Aug 7, 2008
Susie wrote:
Gotta stick up for my Jersey boy. I think Truex has the talent.
If nothing else, he is cute as can be! lol
Whoyakidding

Cary, NC

#33 Aug 7, 2008
At some point in a drivers life he has to poop or get off the pot. There is several of these drivers that are exceptionally constipated. The competitive level that the Cup Series has grown to and the cost of fielding a team doesn't allow much for back markers of yester year. JJ Yeley, Paul Menard, Jamie McMurray and several more are due and need to be replaced with young drivers that have a burning desire and killer instinct. If Petty Enterprises is really serious about rebuilding their company and being competitive again they won't give these deadwood drivers a second look.
GOFASTERIHEAR BANJOS

Cookeville, TN

#34 Aug 7, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
At some point in a drivers life he has to poop or get off the pot. There is several of these drivers that are exceptionally constipated. The competitive level that the Cup Series has grown to and the cost of fielding a team doesn't allow much for back markers of yester year. JJ Yeley, Paul Menard, Jamie McMurray and several more are due and need to be replaced with young drivers that have a burning desire and killer instinct. If Petty Enterprises is really serious about rebuilding their company and being competitive again they won't give these deadwood drivers a second look.
You are so right. There are some drivers that seem to have used up their talent already and need to move on and let another driver take a chance in the cars. These drivers are getting no where fast, they just stay the same and always have the same old problems. Most haven't finished a race in awhile. They all had DNF's or they wreck earlier then all they are doing out there is making laps. They need to skim these drivers somehow and let new talent in.

“Life is good...”

Location hidden

#35 Aug 7, 2008
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah! I'm hoping he only signed 1 year so Tony can hire him for a 3rd car next year.
Junior Nation

United States

#36 Aug 7, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
But PM has daddy's money to keep him in a ride.

Location hidden

#37 Aug 7, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
May I add a few more to your constipated list. Joe Nemechek,John Andretti, Johnny Sauter, Tony Raines,Carl Long,Stanton Barrett, Derrike Cope. They all need to move on and let competive
drivers on the track,They only run a few lap and then you notice they are OUT. Nemechek manages to
get in a few laps before he starts wrecking the
better cars.....

Since: Jul 08

Rochester, NY

#38 Aug 7, 2008
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Truex is cute??
OOOOOKKKKKK....His Elvis Sideburns have to go! He is pretty nice, though.

Benton, KY

#39 Aug 7, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
exceptionally constipated? ROTFLMAO....that is so funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
Martin Truex Jr. knows he must get the job done... (Feb '12) Jun '13 Whoyakidding 7
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
It's NHRA v. NASCAR in charity baseball game (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jon Benedict 1

Martin Truex Jr. People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE