Truex Jr. re-signs with DEI - Aug 6, ...

Truex Jr. re-signs with DEI - Aug 6, 2008

There are 39 comments on the www.nascar.com story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Truex Jr. re-signs with DEI - Aug 6, 2008. In it, www.nascar.com reports that:

Martin Truex Jr . will return to the No. 1 Dale Earnhardt Inc. Chevrolet next year, Sporting News has learned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nascar.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#1 Aug 6, 2008
Now that this is a done deal where does that leave us???

Newman is going where? Anyone heard anything about Casey's potential offers for next year????
Anita

AOL

#2 Aug 7, 2008
Kyle Busch was a Hendrick discard and look what's he is doing this year. Casey Mears is a Hendrick discard..........maybe, just maybe................

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2008
I am glad that Truex is staying at DEI to keep them competitive.. I am glad for the sake of Aric Almarillo... they have not had bad equipment this year, they have been in contention unless somethig entirely stupid happened like rain or stratgey.. it is good for the sport for Truex to stay at DEI.

United States

#4 Aug 7, 2008
Anita wrote:
Kyle Busch was a Hendrick discard and look what's he is doing this year. Casey Mears is a Hendrick discard..........maybe, just maybe..........
I hope that Casey will have it in him to prove to Rick Hendrick that he should have let him race, just like Kyle did. I am thinking Casey might have a ride in a Petty car.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#5 Aug 7, 2008
poor truex.........

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#6 Aug 7, 2008
anderson 24 wrote:
poor truex.........
lucky Casey, he finally gets to RACE!!

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

#7 Aug 7, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>lucky Casey, he finally gets to RACE!!
how ya figure that?????????. hes been racing for years with different teams . so far hes not been good with any of em. hes not a racer he needs to go to open wheel like the rest of his family.
hms rocks you know it .. i know it .
as far as truex .. same goes for him . go hms an carl.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

#8 Aug 7, 2008
anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>how ya figure that?????????. hes been racing for years with different teams . so far hes not been good with any of em. hes not a racer he needs to go to open wheel like the rest of his family.
I think if he got on the right team he may have to potential to do really well, but it could be that he's just not that good.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

#9 Aug 7, 2008
Here's another twist. Poor JJ.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup...
OMG

AOL

#10 Aug 7, 2008
duh..where have you been?

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

#11 Aug 7, 2008
14_Patti_18 wrote:
Here's another twist. Poor JJ.
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup...
good news.
yeley is pure awfull.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

#12 Aug 7, 2008
14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if he got on the right team he may have to potential to do really well, but it could be that he's just not that good.
he is on the best team an still cant get it done. i like casey a lot but the boy is no racer.

Murray, KY

#13 Aug 7, 2008
14_Patti_18 wrote:
Now that this is a done deal where does that leave us???
Newman is going where? Anyone heard anything about Casey's potential offers for next year????
Most (including Marty Smith) have been saying RCR in the 4th car-but now I've read in lots of places that a 4th team may not be added next year due to sponsorship woes, so Petty would be the lead contender. Robby Loomis said Casey was the one Petty wanted. I read an article last week where he was asked about returning to IRL and he said he would look at all the offers and not rule out anything.

Murray, KY

#14 Aug 7, 2008
anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>how ya figure that?????????. hes been racing for years with different teams . so far hes not been good with any of em. hes not a racer he needs to go to open wheel like the rest of his family.
Flip flop much, Andy? When he first signed with HMS it was always "Casey's a good racer" and now he and Yeley are just "pure awful"?

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

#15 Aug 7, 2008
Boscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Flip flop much, Andy? When he first signed with HMS it was always "Casey's a good racer" and now he and Yeley are just "pure awful"?
no flip flooping here boscoe.
i said hes a good driver .
not a great driver i wish he would go to open wheel tho .
how come you aint sporting him any more..
how you been doing great i hope.
like i said i like casey a lot always have hes just not a top notch driver an he isnt the only one.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

#16 Aug 7, 2008
Boscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
as far as yeley i never could stand him.
JGR Rules

Decatur, GA

#17 Aug 7, 2008
My grandaughter has her computter here and fell asleep so I am going to use it! I just hope I dont mess it up, it is pretty high tech, and she does all her schooling, on it, and so much research on her illness, I just might get kicked in the {YOU KNOW WHERE} But she is doing OK with the meds through the IV'S!! Having problems with the insurance to get the pacer put in, I hate these insurance compannies!! She is insured through the Military, so you see how well the government cares about there lives! If any of you know at all about anything you hear about {{GASTROPARESIS} please let me know! She is in and out the hospital so much. If any of you know about a tril study where you live that is doing a tril for this horriable condition, GOD please let me know!! What she is fighting for is a {GASTRIC ELECTRICAL STIMULATION PACER} and I know you all are very brilliant and I trust what you may know! I dont understand!! But I am happy Truex signed up with DEI, A good move on his part! Thank you all!!!

Murray, KY

#18 Aug 7, 2008
anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>no flip flooping here boscoe.
i said hes a good driver .
not a great driver i wish he would go to open wheel tho .
how come you aint sporting him any more..
how you been doing great i hope.
like i said i like casey a lot always have hes just not a top notch driver an he isnt the only one.
That's not what your post above sounded like to me, but oh well. I agree with you, I've always said he was middle of the pack kind of guy & I really stopped rooting for him because frankly he stopped acting like it bothered him to run middle of the pack. He and Alan Gufstason were a train wreck together, so hopefully he could go to somewhere like Petty Enterprise where there wouldn't be so much pressure on him. I jumped on the bandwagon of Kyle Busch about mid season.

I'm doing well Andy, thanks for asking. Got my little one off to second grade this week, so I'm back to enjoying a couple hours freedom every day.
How have you been?
Junior Nation

United States

#19 Aug 7, 2008
Boscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Most (including Marty Smith) have been saying RCR in the 4th car-but now I've read in lots of places that a 4th team may not be added next year due to sponsorship woes, so Petty would be the lead contender. Robby Loomis said Casey was the one Petty wanted. I read an article last week where he was asked about returning to IRL and he said he would look at all the offers and not rule out anything.
They have General Mills for their 4th car don't they?

I still think they will put Scott Wimmer in it.
JGR Rules

Decatur, GA

#20 Aug 7, 2008
I ment TRIAL, sorry!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Truex Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar (Jul '16) Jul '16 skillett 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... (Jul '16) Jul '16 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... (Jul '16) Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR Sprint Cup incident with Logano leaves T... (Mar '16) Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
More from around the web