Mark Martin Continues to Show NASCAR That Age is Only a Number

Sep 7, 2009 Full story: BleacherReport 18

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Great, Single Page We have all at one time or another, seen the t-shirts that read in big bold letters either across the front or back, "Old Men Rule." They are very popular among the older crowd, and while thinking about the phrase how much time have you actually spent pondering what the phrase actually meant? Or did you ever ...

Read more

“Martin returns full time”

Since: Jan 09

Texas City, TX

#1 Sep 7, 2009
If he wins like he did he did this season then he should have no problem in the chase. Bristol was his race he's just too nice to send Busch out of the way.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#2 Sep 7, 2009
Mark is in the best car he's ever drive. If he's serious about wanting to win a championship before he wrinkles into oblivion, he better prove he's still as good as the young guns and get with the program. He's going to have a good starting spot in the chase but he is called the "Bridesmaid" of NASCAR for a good reason. He can't pucker up and finish second again because no one is going to take him serious anymore if he does. Poop or get off the pot.

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 8, 2009
Old men do rule!
I,m 53 and can still play ball with the young guns 1/2 my age.
" GO MARK "

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4 Sep 10, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
Mark is in the best car he's ever drive. If he's serious about wanting to win a championship before he wrinkles into oblivion, he better prove he's still as good as the young guns and get with the program. He's going to have a good starting spot in the chase but he is called the "Bridesmaid" of NASCAR for a good reason. He can't pucker up and finish second again because no one is going to take him serious anymore if he does. Poop or get off the pot.
i thought he did good in his #6 ford

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#5 Sep 10, 2009
NY Nascar wrote:
Old men do rule!
I,m 53 and can still play ball with the young guns 1/2 my age.
" GO MARK "
im only 29 and i dirt track race still

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Location hidden

#6 Sep 10, 2009
codmuffin wrote:
<quoted text>im only 29 and i dirt track race still
Just do it.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#7 Sep 12, 2009
NY Nascar wrote:
<quoted text>Just do it.
i drive a super stock #75B
Predators amongst us

Burlington, MA

#8 Sep 12, 2009
codmuffin wrote:
<quoted text>i drive a super stock #75B
Then you woke up.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#9 Sep 12, 2009
Predators amongst us wrote:
<quoted text>Then you woke up.
i don't get it
Rex Norton

Tampa, FL

#10 Sep 12, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
My cousin that lives in Charlotte told me she would crawl over one mile of sharp carpet nails on her hands and knees just to hear Mark Martin fart over a short wave radio.

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Location hidden

#11 Sep 12, 2009
Another night at Richmond with Martin near the top.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#12 Sep 13, 2009
NY Nascar wrote:
Another night at Richmond with Martin near the top.
oh yeah
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#13 Sep 13, 2009
Actually this story is nothing new, it is just a replay of Harry Gant, in his last few seasons.

I must wonder if Mark Martin is still on the Jack Roush Christmas Card List with the way he has been talking about the #5 being SO SUPERIOR to anything he has ever driven.

Mark has proven one thing that can not be debated, put any "Good" driver in a Hendrick car and they can not help but to win and get into the Chase.

Meatloaf once had a song out that went "Two out of three aint bad", Hendrick must be singing that song with slightly different words.

Three good drivers out of four aint bad.
fired up an ready to go

Sioux City, IA

#14 Sep 13, 2009
hms' thats what im talking about''''
JMO

Atlanta, GA

#15 Sep 13, 2009
I hope Mark Martin can pull it off,no driver in the chase deserves it more than Mark , he's paid his dues and came so close to winning a championship,what a class act,and competitor.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#16 Sep 14, 2009
JMO wrote:
I hope Mark Martin can pull it off,no driver in the chase deserves it more than Mark , he's paid his dues and came so close to winning a championship,what a class act,and competitor.
he's the guy im rooting for in the chase, he needs to win a championship bad

Since: Aug 09

Manhattan Beach, CA

#17 Sep 14, 2009
mark martin is boring. just retire already!

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#18 Sep 14, 2009
acrimonious wrote:
mark martin is boring. just retire already!
your just jelouse because he is older than any driver in nascar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Second thoughts Mark Martin says no burnouts (May '08) Mar 23 stewart scott 13
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
News Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
News No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
More from around the web