Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to...

Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick Motorsports?

There are 83 comments on the www.helium.com story from Mar 6, 2010, titled Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick Motorsports?. In it, www.helium.com reports that:

You can only imagine the things that must have gone through the mind of Dale Earnhardt Jr during those months when so much speculation was being bandied about in the media about whether or not he would return to DEI for his next contract, or go the free agent route and open himself up to the highest bidder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.helium.com.

booyaa

Dallas, TX

#21 Mar 7, 2010
Go support someone else.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22 Mar 7, 2010
Dale Jr 88 1 fan wrote:
To get away from his evil Step mother
The step mother is being sued for a pretty good
pile of dough. Maybe the next time she makes a deal she will
keep her word...

“old fart has wise cracks!”

Since: Dec 09

Hickory NC

#23 Mar 8, 2010
Jr Fan 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale is the only Hendrick car that didn't have tire issues. When he came on the radio and said he had a tire going down and pitted, the crew checked the tires and found nothing wrong with them at all. Mark and Jeff had major tire wear with threads showing. Not sure on Jimmy's exactly, but Dale's were fine, he pitted and went a lap down twice when there was nothing wrong with tires. I want Dale to win as bad a anyone, but until he stops making bonehead mistakes, he's never going to get in victory lane. I'm just especially aggravated since he had the fastest car in practice and started on the pole and he didn't even lead a single lap. I'm not making excuses for him anymore. Just because you are a fan of a particular driver, doesn't mean you can't speak the truth and call a spade a spade.
you need to pick another hero- not a zero !
UCme

Manlius, NY

#24 Mar 8, 2010
If it wasn't for the late crash that occured,Jr. would have finished in the mid 20's once again.The kid has no drive,no motivation.Has had everything handed to him.Should stop embarassing the good family name and just focus on being an owner.
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Sandy Hook, CT

#25 Mar 8, 2010
UCme wrote:
If it wasn't for the late crash that occured,Jr. would have finished in the mid 20's once again.The kid has no drive,no motivation.Has had everything handed to him.Should stop embarassing the good family name and just focus on being an owner.
You are right on. Jr learned well from his mentor Mikey Waltrip; now he should follow Mikey into retirement.
harm 5582

Wilkinson, IN

#26 Mar 8, 2010
WWE CRASHCAR 2010 wrote:
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick Motorsports?
Why? Because Jr is a spoiled immature brat!
I guess jimmie and jeff are spoiled too since they never had to be with a lesser team
J0HN3Y B

Alabaster, AL

#27 Mar 8, 2010
ok first off whoever said they were jrs biggest fan. no ur not because u would support him not matter what. secondly jr is 10000000000 times beter than michael waltrip. 3rd yea gordon is sucking this year which is y he dominated and finished 3rd at vegas. 4th jr hasnt had that great of cars. ill admit he gives up too easily but still. for example at daytona he ran 15th-25th most of the race and drove his butt off to get 2nd. california he rode around 15th all day before his axle problems. vegas he ran back there too so dont give me all this crap about his cars are good every week and just cant drive. atlanta was the first decent car hes had this year and he had tire issues along with every other hendrick car
X Jr Fan

Georgetown, TN

#28 Mar 8, 2010
J0HN3Y B wrote:
ok first off whoever said they were jrs biggest fan. no ur not because u would support him not matter what. secondly jr is 10000000000 times beter than michael waltrip. 3rd yea gordon is sucking this year which is y he dominated and finished 3rd at vegas. 4th jr hasnt had that great of cars. ill admit he gives up too easily but still. for example at daytona he ran 15th-25th most of the race and drove his butt off to get 2nd. california he rode around 15th all day before his axle problems. vegas he ran back there too so dont give me all this crap about his cars are good every week and just cant drive. atlanta was the first decent car hes had this year and he had tire issues along with every other hendrick car
M Waltrip is a great driver too, just like Jr he just gets bad cars
X Jr Fan

Georgetown, TN

#29 Mar 8, 2010
UCme wrote:
it's too late to qiut now, he already embarrassed the family name
hfv688

Guelph, Canada

#30 Mar 9, 2010
Nascar needs a trade system like other sports,for example Hendricks trades JR to Childress for Harvick,this would help both of them think about it.
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#31 Mar 9, 2010
booyaa wrote:
Until you get in one of those cars and know what its like maybe you shouldn't say anything about how he is driving. There is something up with his car.
You ale light, thele is something up with his cal. The quarity of equipment is up, the quarity of clew is up, and suppolt of Hendlick is up. But thele is something down with his cal too. The quarity of the dlivel is going down rike a booyaa swilring down the bowr.

Can't make sirk pulse out of soy's eal.
X Jr Fan

Georgetown, TN

#32 Mar 9, 2010
hfv688 wrote:
Nascar needs a trade system like other sports,for example Hendricks trades JR to Childress for Harvick,this would help both of them think about it.
it would help Hendrick to get rid of Jr but how would it help Childress?
Bubba Jooonyer

Evansville, IN

#33 Mar 9, 2010
harm 5582 wrote:
<quoted text> I guess jimmie and jeff are spoiled too since they never had to be with a lesser team
You must not know much about HMS. Before JG was hired and the 24 team was created, HMS WAS a lesser team. It was AFTER JG started winning races that HMS started to become a legitimate contender. Before JG hired JJ, JG won more races in one season than the other HMS teams did combined. Without JG, HMS wouldn't be what it is today.
hfv688

Guelph, Canada

#34 Mar 10, 2010
X Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>it would help Hendrick to get rid of Jr but how would it help Childress?
Because Childress was able to handle his father and he wouldnt take any shit form him.Hendrick is to nice Dale needs someone to kick his ass he has talent but not the will........
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#35 Mar 10, 2010
hfv688 wrote:
<quoted text>Because Childress was able to handle his father and he wouldnt take any shit form him.Hendrick is to nice Dale needs someone to kick his ass he has talent but not the will........
Most NASCAR insiders agree Jr isn't much of a driver; they just wouldn't say it publically.
Jim

Wiscasset, ME

#36 Mar 10, 2010
hfv688 wrote:
<quoted text>Because Childress was able to handle his father and he wouldnt take any shit form him.Hendrick is to nice Dale needs someone to kick his ass he has talent but not the will........
Now it's RH fault because he's too "nice" and a 35 year old "man" needs a "kick in his ass" to perform.

Well that just about sums it all up.

Excuse nation is alive and well and still pointing fingers.

LAME!

“Whats the matter lolol”

Since: Jan 07

Toronto CANADA

#37 Mar 10, 2010
I think he is still learning to drive the car of today.The wins will come dont worry :}
X Jr Fan

Georgetown, TN

#38 Mar 10, 2010
Jethro66 wrote:
I think he is still learning to drive the car of today.The wins will come dont worry :}
how many more years does he have to learn? maybe Lagano can give him some lessons over the off week and it might be quiker than most people think
Richard Petersen

La Jolla, CA

#39 Mar 12, 2010
Dale Earnhardt Jr is just a bad fit for Hendrick Motorsports. If you look at 2008 and 2009, just ONE lousy wins. I see this year being Dale Jr's last for Hendrick Motorsports. The ones to blame are not only these fan and media that give Dale a hard time, but also that Hendrick team. Yea, thoughs may say "What does this have to do with Dale running bad", well see, that Hendrick team too has been putting pressure on Dale Jr as well. Telling him how to drive, what to do, and how to basically live his life. Even hid own teammates. When Jimmie Johnson crashed at Texas last year, everyone an the whole team was there. But when Jr. crashed at Phoenix, not ONE person was there, and half of them were in a car crash that morning. And another thing, If you going to have basically your own teammate call you a "No Talent SOB", then there is a serious problem. Everyone has been telling me that this year in 2010, it will be Dale Jr's year. Name one thing that was good besides the second in Daytona and the pole at Atlanta? Dale Jr should have either stayed with the family business and worked together like and freakin family, or gone to Richard Childress Racing. Hendrick is just not a place for Dale Earnhardt Jr. if he wants to drive 4th among the 4 drivers each and every race...
The man was 3

Miami, FL

#40 Mar 19, 2010
Its real simple,Jr will leave hendrick,and go to childers,and bet your money,the number 3 car will be his..
I recently visited DEi,in Mooresville,a chain and lock was on the gate to dale's home,no business at all at DEi,except a gift shop,to bad..dale Sr was the man,and I am proud to say I knew him and his family,including Martha his mother,and ralph his dad..
The man
Richard Petersen wrote:
Dale Earnhardt Jr is just a bad fit for Hendrick Motorsports. If you look at 2008 and 2009, just ONE lousy wins. I see this year being Dale Jr's last for Hendrick Motorsports. The ones to blame are not only these fan and media that give Dale a hard time, but also that Hendrick team. Yea, thoughs may say "What does this have to do with Dale running bad", well see, that Hendrick team too has been putting pressure on Dale Jr as well. Telling him how to drive, what to do, and how to basically live his life. Even hid own teammates. When Jimmie Johnson crashed at Texas last year, everyone an the whole team was there. But when Jr. crashed at Phoenix, not ONE person was there, and half of them were in a car crash that morning. And another thing, If you going to have basically your own teammate call you a "No Talent SOB", then there is a serious problem. Everyone has been telling me that this year in 2010, it will be Dale Jr's year. Name one thing that was good besides the second in Daytona and the pole at Atlanta? Dale Jr should have either stayed with the family business and worked together like and freakin family, or gone to Richard Childress Racing. Hendrick is just not a place for Dale Earnhardt Jr. if he wants to drive 4th among the 4 drivers each and every race...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Second thoughts Mark Martin says no burnouts (May '08) Mar '15 stewart scott 13
News Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
News No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
News 5 Potential Sleepers That Could Steal the 2013 ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bob 3