Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick Motorsports?

Mar 6, 2010 | Posted by: lilbit88 | Full story: www.helium.com

You can only imagine the things that must have gone through the mind of Dale Earnhardt Jr during those months when so much speculation was being bandied about in the media about whether or not he would return to DEI for his next contract, or go the free agent route and open himself up to the highest bidder.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
J0HN3Y B

Helena, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

he shouldve stayed. he was better there
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Judged:

he should've stayed at DEI because his excuses were more believable at DEI than they are at HMS. Teresa was right all along Jr is nothing but a public personality and now Hendrick is finding that out
J0HN3Y B

Helena, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

no he shouldve stayed at dei because he was competitive. he might not have won that much his last 3 years there but he still ran up front and finished 3rd in points the year before his last with dei

“DONT TREAD ON ME!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Judged:

J0HN3Y B wrote:
no he shouldve stayed at dei because he was competitive. he might not have won that much his last 3 years there but he still ran up front and finished 3rd in points the year before his last with dei
Actually Jr finisher fifth in points in 2006,with one win on the season coming at RIR.He finished the season 147 points behind Jimmy Johnson.
2FST488

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Switching to HMS is a no brainer. HMS is a winning organization. Ten championships. Jr. wants to win races. As of late at DEI he wasn't winning. Some, but not that consistant.
J0HN3Y B

Helena, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

not that consistant? he was running up front every week until all of those blown engines
Dale Jr 88 1 fan

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

To get away from his evil Step mother
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Why? Because Jr is a spoiled immature brat!
ohb

Weyers Cave, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

WWE CRASHCAR 2010 wrote:
Why? Because Jr is a spoiled immature brat!
How do you know he is a spoiled immature brat?
booyaa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

If he was a brat why would he go to Hendricks? He wont put up with any bull.
all the latest

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Judged:

Many fans don't realize that Dale Earnhardt, Jr. used to stuff a banana or a rolled up sock in a front pocket of his pants in high school with attempts to attract some hotties.
Jr Fan 88

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

As Dale Jr. fans, we should be steaming mad about Dale's run today. He pitted twice when he thought he had a tire problem and the crew found the tires to be fine. Week after week, when is this ever going to end. Seems like his team gives him a great car every week, especially this week, he had the fastest car and he blows it again. I'm beginning to wonder if he has any driving ability left. I'm his biggest fan, but enough is enough.
booyaa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

How long did it take you to come up with that one?
all the latest wrote:
Many fans don't realize that Dale Earnhardt, Jr. used to stuff a banana or a rolled up sock in a front pocket of his pants in high school with attempts to attract some hotties.
booyaa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Sounds to me you need to pick another driver! The only Hendrick car going well is Jimmie.
Jr Fan 88 wrote:
As Dale Jr. fans, we should be steaming mad about Dale's run today. He pitted twice when he thought he had a tire problem and the crew found the tires to be fine. Week after week, when is this ever going to end. Seems like his team gives him a great car every week, especially this week, he had the fastest car and he blows it again. I'm beginning to wonder if he has any driving ability left. I'm his biggest fan, but enough is enough.
Jr Fan 88

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

booyaa wrote:
Sounds to me you need to pick another driver! The only Hendrick car going well is Jimmie. <quoted text>
I don't need to pick another driver. I've been an Earnhardt fan for over 25 years. Dale just needs to put his big boy britches on and drive and stop whining. He had the fastest car and he blew it. It's time for all us Dale fans to voice our frustration with him, maybe he will read our messages and focus.
booyaa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Until you get in one of those cars and know what its like maybe you shouldn't say anything about how he is driving. There is something up with his car.
montgomery

Luverne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Jr was born into racing!He hasn't forgot how to drive..He needs to start driving and quit complaning..
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Jr Fan 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to pick another driver. I've been an Earnhardt fan for over 25 years. Dale just needs to put his big boy britches on and drive and stop whining. He had the fastest car and he blew it. It's time for all us Dale fans to voice our frustration with him, maybe he will read our messages and focus.
he doesn't care what his fans say, all he cares about is his merchandise money. he finishes 20th on Sundays and laughs alway to the bank with his merchandise money on Mondays
ohb

Weyers Cave, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Judged:

Jr Fan 88 wrote:
Did you not watch the race, all the Hendrick cars had tire problems today. Dale Jr did fine today considering his tire problems.
Jr Fan 88

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Judged:

ohb wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not watch the race, all the Hendrick cars had tire problems today. Dale Jr did fine today considering his tire problems.
Dale is the only Hendrick car that didn't have tire issues. When he came on the radio and said he had a tire going down and pitted, the crew checked the tires and found nothing wrong with them at all. Mark and Jeff had major tire wear with threads showing. Not sure on Jimmy's exactly, but Dale's were fine, he pitted and went a lap down twice when there was nothing wrong with tires. I want Dale to win as bad a anyone, but until he stops making bonehead mistakes, he's never going to get in victory lane. I'm just especially aggravated since he had the fastest car in practice and started on the pole and he didn't even lead a single lap. I'm not making excuses for him anymore. Just because you are a fan of a particular driver, doesn't mean you can't speak the truth and call a spade a spade.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mark Martin Discussions

Search the Mark Martin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
5 Potential Sleepers That Could Steal the 2013 ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bob 3
Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin Battle for Record F... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••