Kyle Busch or Mark Martin Who is the Better Driver?

Aug 29, 2011 Full story: Rant Sports 19

Love him or hate him, Kyle BuschA broke Mark Martin's record for the most career wins in the NASCAR Nationwide Series by winning last weeks Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway.A He now has 50 wins and Mark has 49.A It wasn't so many years ago that the conventional thinking was no one would ever even come close to breaking Mark's record.

Full Story
Ed MAC

Princeton, WV

#1 Sep 5, 2011
of course it is Mark Martin! U ask all the drivers in NASCAR and see what they say. Mark is a responsable driver and doesn't put his or other peoples lives at stake just to win a race. On the other hand Kyle is young and full of himself and is to arrogant. Maybe time will change this but who's to say all I know is you are judged by what u do on the track. That speaks for it self. He will be humbled some day and I hope it does not result in death!
What

Dublin, OH

#2 Sep 6, 2011
really? Very funny. Did you not see the many times M Martin bumped some car to move them out of the way? how about today. he bumped the car 71 & put him out of the race. guess you don't watch many races. Mark needs to retire but it appears he may be driving for Tony Stewart part time .
Green Flag

United States

#3 Sep 6, 2011
I vote for Kyle Busch. After watching after- race interviews with Mark Martin, I believe he also thinks Kyle is the better driver. He seemed in awe of Kyle for winning so many races at such a young age. I just wish they would get a little more horsepower in Kyle's Toyota.
Trinity

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Sep 6, 2011
kyle is a complete fricken idiot so him and nascar are a perfect fit. Take it from someone who know's, The people that work in nascar from the drivers to the CC's, wags are honest to God the stupiest effin group of people i've ever known in my life. They all need taken out to the woodshed.........well you know what i mean!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#6 Sep 7, 2011
There is no contest here. The best driver hands down is Kyle Busch. you only have to total up NASCAR wins to figure that out. Shrub is 27 and Mark is 52 and Shrub has him covered for wins. 17 more than Mark to be a little more specific.

“MARK MARTIN”

Since: Jan 10

Go Daddy Go

#7 Sep 7, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
There is no contest here. The best driver hands down is Kyle Busch. you only have to total up NASCAR wins to figure that out. Shrub is 27 and Mark is 52 and Shrub has him covered for wins. 17 more than Mark to be a little more specific.
WRONG !!!
Trinity

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Sep 7, 2011
Your all wrong, the guy that just won, Gordon is the best of his generation.

Well, i was angry, so i don't regret calling them that.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9 Sep 8, 2011
Looks like a lot of people posting here are too young to remember Mark Martin 25 yrs ago. He was just as cocky, arrogant, and hated as kyle busch is today.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Sep 8, 2011
Kyle busch is a hall of famer

“MARK MARTIN”

Since: Jan 10

Go Daddy Go

#11 Sep 8, 2011
Hot Karl wrote:
Kyle busch is a hall of famer
As is MARK MARTIN

Location hidden

#12 Sep 9, 2011
GoDaddy 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
As is MARK MARTIN
I don't think he is.... No champs no daytona 500 victories...
CHAMPION of CHAMPIONS

Naples, FL

#13 Sep 9, 2011
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he is.... No champs no daytona 500 victories...
Shows how ignorant you are.

Paul Menard sure as hell isn't hall of fame material. LMAO!!!

You ask anyone in the sport and they'll say someday Mark Martin will get in. Despite not having the hardware, because he is the epitome of the word CHAMPION.

McReynolds
Hammond
Voda
Byrnes

and many others

They all agree with me.

We are talking about the CHAMPION of CHAMPIONS, after all.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 9, 2011
CHAMPION of CHAMPIONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows how ignorant you are.
Paul Menard sure as hell isn't hall of fame material. LMAO!!!
You ask anyone in the sport and they'll say someday Mark Martin will get in. Despite not having the hardware, because he is the epitome of the word CHAMPION.
McReynolds
Hammond
Voda
Byrnes
and many others
They all agree with me.
We are talking about the CHAMPION of CHAMPIONS, after all.
Being a nice guy doesnt get you in the hall of fame. Mark has 0 championships. He doesnt even have championships in Busch or Trucks. 0 Daytona 500 wins. R u also counting in Ernie Irvan and Ricky Rudd?

Benchmarks for HOF as a driver, IMO

50 Cup wins/2 championships

Location hidden

#15 Sep 9, 2011
menards wrote:
Looks like a lot of people posting here are too young to remember Mark Martin 25 yrs ago. He was just as cocky, arrogant, and hated as kyle busch is today.
Back then Martin loved the bottle...lol

Location hidden

#16 Sep 9, 2011
What wrote:
really? Very funny. Did you not see the many times M Martin bumped some car to move them out of the way? how about today. he bumped the car 71 & put him out of the race. guess you don't watch many races. Mark needs to retire but it appears he may be driving for Tony Stewart part time .
Recently he has been wrecking drivers even his own teammate. That old man needs to get him some glasses. I think Kylie has bim beat by a longshot in driving. I know kylie's
attitude sucks but he sure can wheel them cars and trucks.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#17 Sep 11, 2011
Mark Martin has been a very good driver for a lot of years, I first saw him when he was still a young ASA driver and looked just like a 14 year old kid. As I stated, Mark Martin is a very good driver, however, Mark has always lacked that "Hell with everything and every body, I want to win" attitude. His very attitude of respecting everybody on the track and not wishing to move people out of the way is the very thing that has kept him from being a consistant winner and champion. I have always admired Mark's car control ability, however, this year it seems that it is slipping, I hope that Mark does not hang around so long that his reputation will be tarnished like that of D. Waltrip and Richard Petty. It is sad that a current generation of fans mostly remember Petty and Waltrip as the people who most used the "Past Champions Provisional" to get into races and not the Great Driver/Champions they were when in their prime.

“HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Since: Sep 10

RESPECT THE CLOWNS

#18 Sep 11, 2011
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Recently he has been wrecking drivers even his own teammate. That old man needs to get him some glasses. I think Kylie has bim beat by a longshot in driving. I know kylie's
attitude sucks but he sure can wheel them cars and trucks.
Look who's talking...Jr. took out how many last night at Richmond???

Fartin Martin

Spring Hill, FL

#19 Sep 11, 2011
Kyle Busch has always been a guy to beat off to his own drum.

He finds it to be very handy being ambidextrous.

Location hidden

#20 Sep 11, 2011
THE BOZO SHOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's talking...Jr. took out how many last night at Richmond???I
notoced
I notice he got preety much took out on lap 9. It is about time he started giving back what he gets.He is a clean driver compared to a lot of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug 21 Uncle John Duckett 83
Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
5 Potential Sleepers That Could Steal the 2013 ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bob 3
•••
•••

Mark Martin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••