Notes: Montoya not going anywhere

Notes: Montoya not going anywhere

There are 12 comments on the www.nascar.com story from Oct 12, 2009, titled Notes: Montoya not going anywhere. In it, www.nascar.com reports that:

Disappointed? Not Juan Montoya . Despite finishes of third, fourth, fourth and third in the first four races in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, Montoya is third in the standings, 58 points behind three-time defending champion Jimmie Johnson .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nascar.com.

MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Oct 12, 2009
I am so glad that JPM has stuck with it and has learned and improved over the last 3 years. He came in dedicated to give it whatever time it would take to learn this type of racing. He didn't come in expecting to win championships or even make the Chase from the get go and here he is with top 5 finishes week in and week out.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#2 Oct 12, 2009
I couldn't be more thrilled with JPM's situation right now. He has truly proven he's the man. He could probably fill almost any shoes and get the job done as good as any of the chasers but his own shoes are styling real nice these days. He's earned a ton of respect as far as I'm concerned and hopefully from his competitors as well.
Alex v

United States

#3 Oct 12, 2009
Awesome job JPM! It's hard to believe how well he has been running every weekend. We are proud of you man! Now go win at Charlotte lol

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4 Oct 13, 2009
it's wierd he's been raceing for 3 years and matt has been raceing longer than that and matts not in the chase i actually give some credit to juan for learning that fast from a indy car to a nascar car

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#5 Oct 13, 2009
it's wierd that he's been raceing for three years and matt has raced way longer than that i actually give credit to juan for catching on that quick from a indy car to a nascar stock car

“Shoot to kill”

Since: Aug 09

Gainesville, FL

#6 Oct 13, 2009
Yep, Juan is doing a real nice Job. He really seems to understand racing from all aspects.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#7 Oct 13, 2009
Mr Stewie wrote:
Yep, Juan is doing a real nice Job. He really seems to understand racing from all aspects.
xcept the no wreaking acpect

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#8 Oct 13, 2009
Could be our next champ...
Alex V

United States

#10 Oct 13, 2009
I agree
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#11 Oct 13, 2009
Juan Montoya is a racer, plain and simple, give him a car, time to learn the aspects of the car and he will be in there week in, week out giving it his all.
I became a Montoya fan when he got in Harvick's face a couple of years ago, he reminded me of a pit bull and I have not changed my mind about him since. Now, as Paul Harvey always said, the rest of the story, Juan, no matter how much skill he has will never be champion because he is not on a championship caliber team. Sad fact is, no matter how hard the #42 team tries they just do not have the depth, talent and resources of Hendrick, Roush and even Gibbs. The change from Dodge to Chevy was a good one, however, with Hendrick and RCR already in the chevy camp and the cutting back by GM towards racing support, I do not see a lot of hope for the #42, other than being somewhat the Red Headed Step Child in that camp.

I wish for the best for Juan for the rest of the year, however, the realist in me must temper this with the reality of his and his team's situation of being the ultimate David in a contest of Goliths.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#12 Oct 14, 2009
Alex V wrote:
I agree
hope not

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#14 Oct 14, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
Juan Montoya is a racer, plain and simple, give him a car, time to learn the aspects of the car and he will be in there week in, week out giving it his all.
I became a Montoya fan when he got in Harvick's face a couple of years ago, he reminded me of a pit bull and I have not changed my mind about him since. Now, as Paul Harvey always said, the rest of the story, Juan, no matter how much skill he has will never be champion because he is not on a championship caliber team. Sad fact is, no matter how hard the #42 team tries they just do not have the depth, talent and resources of Hendrick, Roush and even Gibbs. The change from Dodge to Chevy was a good one, however, with Hendrick and RCR already in the chevy camp and the cutting back by GM towards racing support, I do not see a lot of hope for the #42, other than being somewhat the Red Headed Step Child in that camp.
I wish for the best for Juan for the rest of the year, however, the realist in me must temper this with the reality of his and his team's situation of being the ultimate David in a contest of Goliths.
He's get no credit from any one. He is 58 points out and I think our next champ will drive a lowrider.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Second thoughts Mark Martin says no burnouts (May '08) Mar '15 stewart scott 13
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
News Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
News No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
More from around the web