Another Year for Mark Martin

May 12, 2009 Full story: www.wcoutlook.com 14

Mark Martin will return in 2010 to drive the No. 5 Chevrolets of Hendrick Motorsports for the entire 36-race NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

Read more
acrimonious

Redlands, CA

#1 May 13, 2009
Another year of snoozing watching this guy go out of his way NOT TO ACTUALLY RACE anyone on the track. How exciting, I can't wait!!!!

Since: Oct 07

Rome, OH

#2 May 20, 2009
He's cordial what other drivers need to be.
mike has no takers

Westborough, MA

#3 May 20, 2009
NOT RACING and still winning races. If that doesn't make him the best there is, I don't know what does!

People that put the guy down have no idea what they are watching. Or, they aren't watching.

No, he doesn't hold the pedal down, close his eyes and cross his fingers like Shrub Jr. does.

No, he doesn't bang off the wall coming out turns all by himself like Carl Edwards.

Nope, he doesn't pull that GD slide job (it's a block let's be honest) like Jeffy.

Nope, he doesn't hit the other car on the way by just for funny like that fat little gopher tony stewart.

And, he doesn't drive in deep to move the leader once he realizes he has nothing for him and no other means of 'racing' to victory like every else out there aside from jeff burton and matt kenseth.

he doesn't have to do those things because he's THAT good and can race and pass and win WITHOUT contact. Yes, he's THAT good.
acrimonious wrote:
Another year of snoozing watching this guy go out of his way NOT TO ACTUALLY RACE anyone on the track. How exciting, I can't wait!!!!
mike has no takers

Westborough, MA

#4 May 20, 2009
No IROC isn't Cup. But have you seen him race IROC. It's not Cup, but damn it's racing! have you seen him school other Cup drivers including Dale Sr. again and again in IROC, RACING in and out of traffic and side by side lap after lap?

Have you seen him in a Busch car? Not Cup, but it's racing. it's racing where he doesn't worry about wrecking and the implications it has for championships and for the people that work on the car, own it and sponsor it. The guy has done things in a Busch car that would make you wince expecting a massive wreck - if you had ever seen it.

Have you watched Mark battle for position with 10 laps or less to go? How wide was the 3 car in his prime? Mark ain't THAT wide, but he's one tough cookie to deal with when he chooses. As tough to pass and as able to pass others as anyone ever.

have you seen him in a 25 place junk car about to be lapped running that thing into the ground, up against the wall, dep into corners, hard off the corners, making a junk car go fast while tearing up the tires in order to stay on the lead lap? There is not a driver out there now nor has there ever been one that can do that like Mark can.

He CHOOSES when to race. Don't make yourself seem so stupid claiming he doesn't race. He just doesn't race the car into the ground every lap like the 18. That may be exciting for those who crave seeing wrecks and spins and idiots tossing helmets at 4,000 pound machines, but if you were a race fan you'd understand and appreciate the talent MM has instead.

Any of the 43 drivers each week can hold it down and go fast, push people out of the way just for fun, drive deep to spin someone out, PASS ON THE OUTSIDE ON A RESTART (hell I could do that if I could hit the shifts right!). They just choose NOT to do those things because it doesn't get you to victory lane, it just gets lame fans peeing their pants. Kyle likes the attention he gets from the pants peeing crowd. Mark likes the respect he gains from the RACING fans.

acrimonious wrote:
coo coo mike

Houston, TX

#5 May 20, 2009
Come up for air Maro you looney bird. Mark Martin is over rated. Your post give you away you got to much going on in your head manic energy you're coo coo.
mike has no takers

Westborough, MA

#6 May 20, 2009
MARO is my sister. ask mindy who i am. she's the queen of the boards. i pre-date Maro here. I'm just Mike. Evan's pal.

MM is actually highly UNDERrated. for all the good things you hear about him, it still doesn't come close to doing him justice as a driver. you know, they used to have cars that handled porrly and tires that wore out and tracks that required braking and long runs and longer races and pit stops that didn't shuffle slow cars to the front and nobody could just 'stay out' and run from the field on old tires.

it used to be that the driver was the biggest part of the equation. the more that was the case, the better mark was versus the competition. now that cars handle nice all day and tires last 100 miles and there's a caution every 20 laps to let the beaters and bangers hack their way forward and the crew chiefs steal the day, it just isn't the same.

if a moron like Shrub can get around a track like he does... you know its more of a video game amongst boys than a race amongst men.

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#7 May 20, 2009
mike has no takers wrote:
MARO is my sister. ask mindy who i am. she's the queen of the boards. i pre-date Maro here. I'm just Mike. Evan's pal.
MM is actually highly UNDERrated. for all the good things you hear about him, it still doesn't come close to doing him justice as a driver. you know, they used to have cars that handled porrly and tires that wore out and tracks that required braking and long runs and longer races and pit stops that didn't shuffle slow cars to the front and nobody could just 'stay out' and run from the field on old tires.
it used to be that the driver was the biggest part of the equation. the more that was the case, the better mark was versus the competition. now that cars handle nice all day and tires last 100 miles and there's a caution every 20 laps to let the beaters and bangers hack their way forward and the crew chiefs steal the day, it just isn't the same.
if a moron like Shrub can get around a track like he does... you know its more of a video game amongst boys than a race amongst men.
At least that Moron wins more than that overrated loser Jr.
mike has no takers

Westborough, MA

#8 May 20, 2009
sure. we'll see who gets to 40 wins and who does not. gordon once ran off 40 wins in 4 years, but as drivers hang around longer they often win less. remember newman winning like 7 races one year. kahne i think won 5. kyle has won a bunch, but i don't care if mark is average about 2 per year, he has won more. period.

how many did kurt busch win before going dry? harvick? burton? labonte? the list goes on. few drivers keep on winning. time will tell.

kyle is a hack and a punk.

18chick wrote:
<quoted text>

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#9 May 20, 2009
sure. we'll see who gets to 40 wins and who does not. gordon once ran off 40 wins in 4 years, but as drivers hang around longer they often win less. remember newman winning like 7 races one year. kahne i think won 5. kyle has won a bunch, but i don't care if mark is average about 2 per year, he has won more. period.
how many did kurt busch win before going dry? harvick? burton? labonte? the list goes on. few drivers keep on winning. time will tell.
kyle is a hack and a punk.
<quoted text>
That hack and punk is winning races left to right in all three series, while Jr flounders Midpack. At least Kyle is a real racer.
mike larry ed roger

Westborough, MA

#10 May 20, 2009
a month ago you were junior's girlfriend. i don't get it.

while he';s at it in busch and trucks is he going to win some saopbox too? who cares?

18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
That hack and punk is winning races left to right in all three series, while Jr flounders Midpack. At least Kyle is a real racer.
sure u want to go there

Atlanta, GA

#11 May 20, 2009
18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
MORON JR? u r asking for it
Freedom of speech

AOL

#12 May 20, 2009
Even Lisa the twit has the right to say what she thinks.

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#13 May 20, 2009
Freedom of speech wrote:
Even Lisa the twit has the right to say what she thinks.
It takes one to know one, and you are definitely a twit Trashley.
acrimonious

Redlands, CA

#14 May 22, 2009
This guy is like watching paint dry...please retire already!!!
NOT RACING and still winning races. If that doesn't make him the best there is, I don't know what does!
People that put the guy down have no idea what they are watching. Or, they aren't watching.
No, he doesn't hold the pedal down, close his eyes and cross his fingers like Shrub Jr. does.
No, he doesn't bang off the wall coming out turns all by himself like Carl Edwards.
Nope, he doesn't pull that GD slide job (it's a block let's be honest) like Jeffy.
Nope, he doesn't hit the other car on the way by just for funny like that fat little gopher tony stewart.
And, he doesn't drive in deep to move the leader once he realizes he has nothing for him and no other means of 'racing' to victory like every else out there aside from jeff burton and matt kenseth.
he doesn't have to do those things because he's THAT good and can race and pass and win WITHOUT contact. Yes, he's THAT good.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Second thoughts Mark Martin says no burnouts (May '08) Mar 23 stewart scott 13
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
News Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
News No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
More from around the web