Earnhardt still popular but he's stil...

Earnhardt still popular but he's still not winning

There are 44 comments on the www.kansascity.com story from May 16, 2009, titled Earnhardt still popular but he's still not winning. In it, www.kansascity.com reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s fans fill the infield. He’s mobbed wherever he goes at his home track.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kansascity.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

United States

#43 May 25, 2009
MISSU3 wrote:
<quoted text>
He won ONE race last year because of fuel strategy by Tony Jr. AND he won 6 years while racing for DEI who HE kicked to the curb! Give it up nation. You're on a sinking ship UNLESS you just want to idolize a "media personality", than stay right where you're at. You're in the right boat.
So, was DEI driving those cars then?????? Oh no, it was Junior. Tony Jr has won TWO races period as crew chief. One, because Junior held off Denny Hamlin on a restart and another because he played the fuel mileage gamble and got it right for once. Take a look at the other fuel gambles Eury tried last year. They didn't work out on Junior was left around 20th, if he was lucky. I don't iolize Junior. But I am a fan and I want to see him succeed. And I feel certain people he surrounds himself with are holding him back.

“Don't Tell Me, Show Me”

Since: Nov 07

United States

#45 May 26, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't the weak link at that organization this time last year. He has won as many as six races in one year. He's proved he can do it. People like you seem to forget that.
Kyle Petty was also winning races at one point in his career! A lot of people seem to forget that! What is bad about this is that Kyle was winning races with sub-par equipment, Jr has the best equipment on the face of the earth, and still is not winning!

With the equipment and personnel at Jr's disposal he should be winning, week in and week out!!
cryin

AOL

#46 May 26, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle Petty was also winning races at one point in his career! A lot of people seem to forget that! What is bad about this is that Kyle was winning races with sub-par equipment, Jr has the best equipment on the face of the earth, and still is not winning!
With the equipment and personnel at Jr's disposal he should be winning, week in and week out!!
pos
Daniel Roberson

Columbia, SC

#47 Jun 19, 2009
88 Nation wrote:
Yes I am a part of Jr. Nation :D I'm a Jr. fan, but I have learned to respect other driver's.
Earnhardt isn't what he use to be and I don't have the answer why. Do I feel sorry for him? Why should I ? I have to work for a living.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Second thoughts Mark Martin says no burnouts (May '08) Mar '15 stewart scott 13
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
News Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
News No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
More from around the web