Earnhardt still popular but he's stil...

Earnhardt still popular but he's still not winning

There are 44 comments on the www.kansascity.com story from May 16, 2009, titled Earnhardt still popular but he's still not winning. In it, www.kansascity.com reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s fans fill the infield. He’s mobbed wherever he goes at his home track.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kansascity.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
88 Nation

Houston, TX

#1 May 20, 2009
Yes I am a part of Jr. Nation :D I'm a Jr. fan, but I have learned to respect other driver's.

“Dalebug”

Since: May 09

Erie, PA

#2 May 21, 2009
My dalebug is the most popular driver for a reason

“Don't Tell Me, Show Me”

Since: Nov 07

Orange Park, FL

#3 May 22, 2009
Michelle 88 wrote:
My dalebug is the most popular driver for a reason
Yes, and the reason is: His dad was s very popular 7 time champion who died in a wreck, and when that happend all of those fans logically went over and became fans of Jr.

Once that happened the media pushed Jr down our throats 24/7, as the greatest driver in the history of the sport.

Newer and younger fans joined the Jr nation out of a belief that was pushed by the media that this guy was the best driver; this has added the numbers to the Jr nation.

In realaty his driving skills and talent have proved to be quite average, but the damage that NASCAR and the media have inflicted has already been done!

“Just try me!”

Victoria, TX

#4 May 22, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and the reason is: His dad was s very popular 7 time champion who died in a wreck, and when that happend all of those fans logically went over and became fans of Jr.
Once that happened the media pushed Jr down our throats 24/7, as the greatest driver in the history of the sport.
Newer and younger fans joined the Jr nation out of a belief that was pushed by the media that this guy was the best driver; this has added the numbers to the Jr nation.
In realaty his driving skills and talent have proved to be quite average, but the damage that NASCAR and the media have inflicted has already been done!
Don't hold back sweetie, tell us what you really think.
x jr fan

United States

#5 May 22, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right i was a huge sr fan and i joined the bandwaggon but i finally woke up after he went to HMS and still can't do nothing
Kornback Rattler

Darrow, LA

#6 May 22, 2009
3 wins in 5 years. Wow!
x jr fan

United States

#7 May 22, 2009
Kornback Rattler wrote:
3 wins in 5 years. Wow!
you mean. ouch!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#8 May 22, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
OUCH!

Since: Jul 08

United States

#9 May 22, 2009
Why is there a picture of Kasey Kahne with the article?????

United States

#10 May 22, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old, same old with you. Yawn!
Kornback Rattler

Darrow, LA

#11 May 22, 2009
x jr fan wrote:
<quoted text>you mean. ouch!
Reality for the nation is difficult for them to grasp.

A real big OUCH!

3 wins 5 years!

“Don't Tell Me, Show Me”

Orange Park, FL

#12 May 22, 2009
TexasJrFan64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hold back sweetie, tell us what you really think.
I can't help it...my emotions seem to be cylclic between "love and hate", maybe I need to see someone??

“I am who I am”

I don't need your permission!

#13 May 22, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it...my emotions seem to be cylclic between "love and hate", maybe I need to see someone??
Quickly!
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#14 May 22, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old, same old with you. Yawn!
Addict, why should not be the same old, same old? The truth has never changed, Joonyer proves, on a weekly and weakly basis that he is nothing more than an average driver who has the best possible equipment and still is the weak link at Hendrick Motor Sports. Hell, even a semi retired 50 year old never been a champion is making Joonyer look bad.

I think that Rick Hendrick should look to change things up a bit and give Joonyer another chance at a different ride. Joonyer could drive the "Tow Rig" for Mark Martin, that would allow him to be able to finish in front of the #5, for a change.
Me Too

Mooresville, NC

#15 May 22, 2009
Dale proved he can compete with the top tier drivers during 2008. The COT, crew chief were the same.
Jr. Nation refuses to see the common factor is Dale Jr.
He is the only one who can pull himself from this slump.
It isn't the equipment. Hendrick stated in an article(scene daily) he did not plan to separate Dale and Tony, it may make it worse.
With the pressure, Dale may slowly self destruct.

“Dalebug”

Erie, PA

#16 May 22, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know his dad jealous one. Get a life.

“Dalebug”

Erie, PA

#17 May 22, 2009
And jrhater I wont read your nonsense so you might as well save you're time and not spend 10 minutes writing some hog wash to me I wont read. I got the just of rubbish. You're out.

“Dalebug”

Erie, PA

#18 May 22, 2009
Me Too wrote:
Dale proved he can compete with the top tier drivers during 2008. The COT, crew chief were the same.
Jr. Nation refuses to see the common factor is Dale Jr.
He is the only one who can pull himself from this slump.
It isn't the equipment. Hendrick stated in an article(scene daily) he did not plan to separate Dale and Tony, it may make it worse.
With the pressure, Dale may slowly self destruct.
dumb cookie focus on your boring driver.
Me Too

Mooresville, NC

#19 May 22, 2009
Names calling is unnecessary.

Dale is not anything to me. Favorite driver, pal, buddy, date for Sunday after the race.

What can you focus on?

Roy, WA

#20 May 23, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Addict, why should not be the same old, same old? The truth has never changed, Joonyer proves, on a weekly and weakly basis that he is nothing more than an average driver who has the best possible equipment and still is the weak link at Hendrick Motor Sports. Hell, even a semi retired 50 year old never been a champion is making Joonyer look bad.
I think that Rick Hendrick should look to change things up a bit and give Joonyer another chance at a different ride. Joonyer could drive the "Tow Rig" for Mark Martin, that would allow him to be able to finish in front of the #5, for a change.
He wasn't the weak link at that organization this time last year. He has won as many as six races in one year. He's proved he can do it. People like you seem to forget that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Second thoughts Mark Martin says no burnouts (May '08) Mar '15 stewart scott 13
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
News Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
News No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
More from around the web