Dale Jr.'s new crew chief eyes top-down review

May 28, 2009 | Posted by: Shut up n drive | Full story: abclocal.go.com

Lance McGrew, the man charged with turning Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s disastrous season around, didn't mince words Thursday when discussing his prospects and plans in replacing Tony Eury, Jr.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
NASCAR-1

Emporia, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Hunglo, as you said, he has had his problem since the new car. When they were switching back and forth with the COT, he didn't seem to "get" the new car. Maybe the new crew chief can finally help him adapt to it. Tony Jr probably wasn't adapting either and pairing them up just multiplied the problems.
And, I happen to be a Bowyer fan. Watched him race since he raced locally and really like his driving. But I respect most of the other drivers, just have trouble with a couple of them.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

I was watching some of the Dover race and heard via a radio conversation between Joonyer and his new crew chief what has been Joonyer's problem for a very long time.

Joonyer radioed that the car was better, however, still a little lose. The crew chief radioed back and said, we will keep the car a little lose because when the track rubbers up it will get tighter. Joonyer said back, I don't know what you just said, however, the change did make the car better.

All drivers with any knowledge and most real fans, understand that when a concrete track is green (devoid of tire rubber) the car will be lose and as rubber is laid down by running the race the car will get tighter. Joonyer is definately not the brightest light on the Christmas Tree.
What changed

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Watched the race. The only time Jr moved up was when cautions landed to his favor (and there were two mystery debris cautions where we never saw the debris or the trucks going out to fetch it, but both cautions helped Jr improve his position) under the green flag, Jr moved back and forth within a few spots of where he came out. No "racing" just holding position. Just like always. Jr finished out of the top ten and Hendrick congratulated him in the pits after the race. Congratulations Jr, you're the 11th loser, you didn't suck so bad today, but you still didn't RACE, either.
WWE NASCAR

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

What changed wrote:
Watched the race. The only time Jr moved up was when cautions landed to his favor (and there were two mystery debris cautions where we never saw the debris or the trucks going out to fetch it, but both cautions helped Jr improve his position) under the green flag, Jr moved back and forth within a few spots of where he came out. No "racing" just holding position. Just like always. Jr finished out of the top ten and Hendrick congratulated him in the pits after the race. Congratulations Jr, you're the 11th loser, you didn't suck so bad today, but you still didn't RACE, either.
More WWE BS from NASCAR

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mark Martin Discussions

Search the Mark Martin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... Dec '13 snow 8
No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
5 Potential Sleepers That Could Steal the 2013 ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bob 3
Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin Battle for Record F... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••