Fences to be raised at Daytona and Talladega

Oct 6, 2009 | Posted by: The New Twenty | Full story: nbcsports.msnbc.com

NASCAR veteran Mark Martin is holding onto his slight lead over Jimmie Johnson heading into the fourth week of the Chase.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

“'2010'season ”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Strange after Taledega said that the fence isn't the problem they're maker it higher.
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

The fences are being raised so Jr Nation can't throw beer cans on the track.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

They said the fence did it's job. You can always make things safer, and this is one way to make things safer.

Strange that people find conspiracies in everything instead of recognizing that the track owner is being pro active about it rather than waiting for a car to get enough height to fly in to the stands.

And it wouldn't surprise me if it also has to do with shyt ending up on the track because people like to throw things.

Since: Oct 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

The New Twenty wrote:
Strange after Taledega said that the fence isn't the problem they're maker it higher.
They reassessed the cost of altering the fences to make them safer vs. the lawsuits that would ensue if a car ended up in a fans lap. Raising the fences is much cheaper.

“Stick it.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Looks like they admitted that the fences didn't do their job to me. We know this from the broken jaw. Nascar took responsibility or should I say Dega did and stepped up. Good job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mark Martin Discussions

Search the Mark Martin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... Dec '13 snow 8
No monster mash for Martin (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 21
Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
Tony Stewart to miss rest of 2013 season; Mark ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 KARMA THE CLOWN 1
Time to retire!!!!!!! (Aug '13) Aug '13 95 Thunderbird 1
5 Potential Sleepers That Could Steal the 2013 ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bob 3
Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin Battle for Record F... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••