`Blatant Disrespect ... for Nascar Di...

`Blatant Disrespect ... for Nascar Directives': Canada tantrum gets R. Gordon parked

There are 3 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Aug 6, 2007, titled `Blatant Disrespect ... for Nascar Directives': Canada tantrum gets R. Gordon parked. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

“I want to start by expressing my regrets to the sponsors, fans, and all competitors for any part I played in the miscommunication, confusion and uncertainty surrounding the finish in this weekend's Busch race in Montreal”

Robby Gordon might have sparked NASCAR's first international incident.

NASCAR parked Gordon on Sunday, preventing his participation in the Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway as a result of his actions in Saturday's Busch Series race in Montreal.

NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said Gordon was parked for committing an act 'determined by a NASCAR official to constitute a threat to the orderly conduct of the event.' The decision could not be appealed.

'Towards the end of Saturday's race at Montreal, Robby Gordon demonstrated blatant disrespect and disregard for NASCAR directives -- on multiple occasions,' Tharp said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

shooter13

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Aug 6, 2007
Gordon got shafted by the big shots of NASCAR who are trying for the international audience. They seemed to want a foriegn driver to win-moving the better running car of Gordon far enough back to prevent a challenge to Ambrose. (I don't think Harvick could have out run Ambrose.)
IndyNative

United States

#2 Aug 6, 2007
Robby Gordon's selfish actions in the past are why we have the lucky dog rule in Nascar. He wouldn't stand for the long standing gentleman's agreement not to race under the yellow. He is accustmed to getting preferential treatment like he gets at Indy car races but Nascar won't put up with his crybaby tactics.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Aug 6, 2007
Everybody involved in the episode screwed up. Ambrose screwed up by spinning Robby after the yellow came out, NASCAR screwed up by not putting Robby back in the lead and restarting the race with a car out in front of the field that wasn't even being scored and Robby just screwed everything up. Ambrose probably ran up on Robby and couldn't slow down in time and spun Robby but if you get spun and the yellow is already out you should get your spot back. Robby should have to sit out at least the next three Cup and Busch races. Any body that behaves in the manner Robby did, I don't care if it is Jeff Gordon, Jr. or who, should have to miss some races. NASCAR knew Robby was going to take Ambrose out if they left him in front but the one thing you aren't going to hear is NASCAR admit they made a mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcos Ambrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
MArcus Ambrose SBR race suit 2004 as worn by him (Apr '13) Apr '13 Six 1
News Marcos Ambrose wins a wild last-lap duel to cap... (Aug '12) Apr '13 Kriss 13
News Richard Petty: Still King of NASCAR at 75 | Photos (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sorry Charlie 17
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins at Michigan, snaps 143-... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Ruddfan 172
More from around the web