Gordon, Ambrose now will team up

Gordon, Ambrose now will team up

There are 9 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 9, 2007, titled Gordon, Ambrose now will team up. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A week after spinning each other out in a bizarre finish to the first NASCAR Busch Series race in Montreal, Robby Gordon and Marcos Ambrose are going from protagonists to teammates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

cooper

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 10, 2007
robby gordon is a jerk...so what if he offers a ride to ambrose!!! he cost him the win last week...his first win!! i could not believe that nascar let the race go back to green with gordon ignoring the order to move back in the field...everyone knew he was going to spin ambrose out!!! and...he did..just as soon as he could...he has always been a jerk..but it was stupid of nascar to go back to greeen with him where he should not have been
Crapcar

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Aug 10, 2007
Great move by Robby. He's showing much more class and PR smarts than any of those morons now running NASCAR into the ground. Robby did violate the black flag but NASCAR has left these type of instances no choice. This was the first race at this track NASCAR wasn't going to have a controversial finish. Particularly where they would have to admit they made a mistake and change the order of the finish the next day. Drivers do not win protests with NASCAR particularly when it has to do with on track race rulings. They even tried to cover themslves by saying he was speeding under the yellow anyway. That just made them look that much more foolish. That story was quickly brushed aside. Personally I'm glad he showed his az...zzz and made them look so foolish. Besides the way this series has turned into such a series of haves and have nots this at least made for fun viewing a story that actually has some legs. Bottom line is that the NASCAR officials blew it. Even the Robby haters on the blogs are overwhelmingly on his side. The big difference here Robby showed some balls also. To bad the drivers now know that NASCAR doesn't have the same. What so funny here is that NASCAR is always throwing a blanket ruling that it was "detrimental to the sport". Well this certainly applied to them this week. They should fine themselves and get grounded to the trailer.
Richard Ginn

Brewerton, NY

#3 Aug 10, 2007
I think this is a nice idea by Robby. It certainly will not change NASCAR one bit if he does something stupid.
Roxy

Macomb, MI

#4 Aug 10, 2007
As a long-time Robby Gordon non-fan (and the world's only Asian redneck Hello Kitty NASCAR fan), I am pleased to hear about his move with Ambrose. Not too shabby that Ambrose is a road-course champ in his home country as well LOL
dude

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Aug 10, 2007
cooper wrote:
robby gordon is a jerk...so what if he offers a ride to ambrose!!! he cost him the win last week...his first win!! i could not believe that nascar let the race go back to green with gordon ignoring the order to move back in the field...everyone knew he was going to spin ambrose out!!! and...he did..just as soon as he could...he has always been a jerk..but it was stupid of nascar to go back to greeen with him where he should not have been
Get over it dude......Ambrose got exactly what he deserved. Ambrose spun him under yellow...Robby returned the favor. If NASCAR would have made the CORRECT call and started Robby first or second...ROBBY would have won....Ambrose is a good driver, has a long way to go before he could come close to Robby on a road course. I thought it was pretty classy of robby to put him in a cup ride......have you always been a little crybaby looser whiner?
Dale Jr Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Aug 10, 2007
Concerned parent wrote:
Where were Gordon's parents?
They were all in the bathroom along with the Nascar officals.
Dale Jr Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Aug 10, 2007
Crapcar wrote:
Great move by Robby. He's showing much more class and PR smarts than any of those morons now running NASCAR into the ground. Robby did violate the black flag but NASCAR has left these type of instances no choice. This was the first race at this track NASCAR wasn't going to have a controversial finish. Particularly where they would have to admit they made a mistake and change the order of the finish the next day. Drivers do not win protests with NASCAR particularly when it has to do with on track race rulings. They even tried to cover themslves by saying he was speeding under the yellow anyway. That just made them look that much more foolish. That story was quickly brushed aside. Personally I'm glad he showed his az...zzz and made them look so foolish. Besides the way this series has turned into such a series of haves and have nots this at least made for fun viewing a story that actually has some legs. Bottom line is that the NASCAR officials blew it. Even the Robby haters on the blogs are overwhelmingly on his side. The big difference here Robby showed some balls also. To bad the drivers now know that NASCAR doesn't have the same. What so funny here is that NASCAR is always throwing a blanket ruling that it was "detrimental to the sport". Well this certainly applied to them this week. They should fine themselves and get grounded to the trailer.
Nascar officals please report to the little red trailor. You just goofed on a race. Your actions show you don't know how to control a race while its being run.Your rules change depending who is driving the car. Robby showed fans how stupid
you can be and that you need to have rules and make
sure it apply's to all. Robby got more exposure for him and his sponsors this week and Nascar officals
got a lot of laughs from fans for not being smart enough to get control of a race. Not a Gordon fan but he was exciting.... Loved that victory Burn out. Much
better than Harvick's.....

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#9 Aug 10, 2007
Bummer! Qualifying cancelled. so we wont get to see what could have been!
Dale Jr Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Aug 10, 2007
Tamara24 wrote:
Bummer! Qualifying cancelled. so we wont get to see what could have been!
I hate it when we get cheated out of a qualifing run.
I wish they would do it tomorrow but they just want to cancel it all. Enjoy the racing this weekend. IRL
and truck racing is on at the same time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcos Ambrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
MArcus Ambrose SBR race suit 2004 as worn by him (Apr '13) Apr '13 Six 1
News Marcos Ambrose wins a wild last-lap duel to cap... (Aug '12) Apr '13 Kriss 13
News Richard Petty: Still King of NASCAR at 75 | Photos (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sorry Charlie 17
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins at Michigan, snaps 143-... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Ruddfan 172
More from around the web