Ambrose's tough loss was painful to w...

Ambrose's tough loss was painful to watch

There are 21 comments on the York Dispatch story from Jun 23, 2010, titled Ambrose's tough loss was painful to watch. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

He's a friendly Australian known for his big smile, but Marcos Ambrose's pearly whites were hidden behind a big frown Sunday as he lost a heartbreaker to Jimmie Johnson in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jovialau

Australia

#1 Jun 25, 2010
I have watched and re watched Ambrose being interviewed straight after the race.When asked why he cut the car off?He replied quite distinctly....."I just got told to!!!When further pressed.He responded..."I don`t like the call"From my point of view,a man with his wealth of experience,who knew gas was not a problem,would not make such a mistake without being prompted!I believe what he said....I got told to!"His eyes said..I can`t take this too much further or I will find myself without a job!He then said "My bad!In short..Feature race..His name is not Bobby or Jimmy and he does not talk with an American accent.While he was in a winning position he rarely rated a mention.The commentators focused almost entirely on anyone who wasn`t Australian.He was instruicted to throw it.No doubt in my mind!And boy.Is he pissed off! I think he now realises that in order to win a rece in America he must become one!!This is not just my point of view.Everone I have spoken to (who is not American)agrees with me!!
The Fat and the Furious

Belleville, MI

#2 Jun 26, 2010
jovialau wrote:
I have watched and re watched Ambrose being interviewed straight after the race.When asked why he cut the car off?He replied quite distinctly....."I just got told to!!!When further pressed.He responded..."I don`t like the call"From my point of view,a man with his wealth of experience,who knew gas was not a problem,would not make such a mistake without being prompted!I believe what he said....I got told to!"His eyes said..I can`t take this too much further or I will find myself without a job!He then said "My bad!In short..Feature race..His name is not Bobby or Jimmy and he does not talk with an American accent.While he was in a winning position he rarely rated a mention.The commentators focused almost entirely on anyone who wasn`t Australian.He was instruicted to throw it.No doubt in my mind!And boy.Is he pissed off! I think he now realises that in order to win a rece in America he must become one!!This is not just my point of view.Everone I have spoken to (who is not American)agrees with me!!
I suggest you start speaking to some different people than, preferably those without a distinct dislike for America. We hear enough nonsense, illogical theories from other Americans when things don't go their drivers way.

It doesn't take too much intelligence to see that Marcos didn't come here, having sacrificed a lot, to just pull over and let an American win. He may indeed have been told to cut the car off by his crew chief, but it boils down to nothing more than a simple mistake. When you consider the new rules pertaining to green, white, checker finishes, it's not inconceivable to see how someone could make that mistake. A little of a bonehead mistake? Sure, but every team in Nascar has made those and every driver.

You can, of course, choose to keep believing that he was told to pull over because he's not an American, but neither is Juan Pablo, yet he won this race. If you choose to keep believing in completely unsubstantiated theories with little logic to them, than more power to you I guess. I for one think your full of sh** though. Just as I think many American fans who espouse the same kind of nonsense, when things don't go the way they hope, are. Because, in the end, I don't believe for one second, that any of you believe this nonsense yourselves.
jovialau

Australia

#3 Jun 27, 2010
I attempted to post a comment on your comment but it appears those in power saw fit to squash it.Probably viewed it as anti American.Typical!We can only let the public view pro American
The Fat and the Furious

Belleville, MI

#4 Jun 27, 2010
jovialau wrote:
I attempted to post a comment on your comment but it appears those in power saw fit to squash it.Probably viewed it as anti American.Typical!We can only let the public view pro American
Nah! I'm thinking they probably just decided that you didn't need to make more of a fool of yourself, because every thing I said was spot on. You should thank them. A little trip down reality lane was exactly what you needed and I was more than happy to give it to you.
jovialau

Australia

#5 Jun 28, 2010
I shall make one further endevour to enlighten the dark hole in which you obviously dwell!I am not generally anti American.(Although if you were typical),I could learn very quickly!If I wanted or needed a lesson in what is logical,.It would not be from you!Anyone who puts up with governments who declare war on foreign nations under false pretexts deserve what they get.Anyone in any country who tolerates being ripped off by lending institutions,then ignores the plight of the poor borrowers,(fellow Americans)and then spends what money is left propping up those same lending institutions.(Over here we would have jailed the bastards and confiscated all their personal wealth under criminal proceeds legislation)At the very least,you are way overdue for another revolution!For gods sake,your country is twelve trillion dollars in debt and rising.It`s a hole you are not going to climb out of!Me going down reality lane.......You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!Nascar is a perfect analogy of how America seems to operate......Everyone runs around in circles and follows the leader.I am pretty sure I am wasting my time here.I will be amazed if it`s printed.If it was it would certainly go some way towards countering my argument,thats if it`s not pro American.It`s not on!!!
jovialau

Australia

#6 Jun 28, 2010
Well well.One argument effectively countered!
The Fat and the Furious

Belleville, MI

#7 Jun 28, 2010
Nice rant you had there. Feel better? Now that you have that out of your system we can move on to the subject, which of course was racing, not your jealousy toward foreign lands.

You see, you countered nothing I said. You simply confirmed a small portion of my comments (The one pertaining to the people you spoke to who agreed with that nonsense you posted.) I on the other hand was here to talk about racing, not get in some political discussion with you. If you choose to believe that America is masterminding a plot to bring foreign drivers here from across the world, just to deny them a win, than once again, more power to you. I can assure you however, we have better things to do.

Feel free to respond with some more rants and gibberish, if that's what floats you boat. I value a good laugh as much as the next person, so seeing that kind of nonsense always keeps me amused.

Have a nice day! God bless America.
jovialau

Australia

#8 Jun 28, 2010
Yes indeed, "God bless America"Someone.......ple ase.......Bless America.I am living in one of two economies in the world which are not going down the gurgler.since you bought God into this,it would seem that we do not need to ask for his blessing.(Must have it already!)It is well known historically that govts manipulate/corrupt and use all types of sports,to create a favourable image of themselves on the world stage.Since 9/11 and the banning of all flights within America........ Except for the one which carried the relatives of your enemy.I do not underestimate the degree of corruption,that it is possible for any government to indulge in.And yes I still believe that if Ambrose was naturalised.Hurdles would magically disappear.His wins would then reflect American wins!And ......Let`s face it..Currently America needs all the good-(undeserved) publicity it can get!!!!!!!!!
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#9 Jun 28, 2010
Fat, why you not rike peopre flom othel countlies?

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#10 Jun 28, 2010
jovialau wrote:
bla bla bla.Look everyone!!I am here to embarrass myself!!!
Again, the same BS political foreign country insults from somebody who STILL hasn't learned to leave a space after sentence punctuation. Please now, tell me how politics proves your point again?
Maybe once you take your head out of your *** and investigate for evidence to support your BS claims, you'll find there WAS a call to save fuel, but not one to coast the car uphill in the process. And for that matter, there was never a call to take a bad hop off a corner to give Carl Edwards the win last time he lost what would have been a certain win.
Anyway, if you don't like it, don't watch. If you just want to cry and complain, don't expect sympathy. You want to have political discussions about how much better your country is, take it to some other forum. And by all means, please stop making an *** of yourself.(But if you must, try using proper sentence structure.)
And for the record, I've lived in AU, and as much as I enjoyed it, your idiotic comments prove even the best places have their morons.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#11 Jun 28, 2010
It was funny to watch him cut the power. Not funny in the way that it is when watching Michael POS Waltrip try to qualify - now that is roaring funny.
jovialau

Australia

#12 Jun 28, 2010
There are none so blind as they who will not see!To continue to argue with an idiot sometimes leads you to your own reflection.I`m done!
The Fat and the Furious

Belleville, MI

#13 Jun 28, 2010
jovialau wrote:
There are none so blind as they who will not see!To continue to argue with an idiot sometimes leads you to your own reflection.I`m done!
Of course you're done. That self reflection finally kicked in and you realized you were indeed arguing with and idiot, yourself. I simply pointed out how short-sighted and ignorant your original comment was and than your follow-up rant. I don't argue personally. Those of us who are right have no need to.
jovialau

Australia

#14 Jun 29, 2010
Pompous,arrogant,self-serving, overbearing,obnoxious.And lastly but not leastly,no one can tell you anything,you seem to labour under the self delusion that you are always freaking right.If you are typical I don`t wonder that America is in a shit hole!!!.It will be interesting to see if you fall back on the tried, and only method historically of delaying the inevitable ....Of "lets have yet another war"!!!!!! Let`s see,who could be a candidate this time? we have raped our own country dry Hmmmmm...someone with plenty of oil,gas water, and minerals.Why....That would be ...Australia!!!!! Why don`t we use the same old excuse.We`ll pretend they have a nuclear weapon........And only we.....are allowed to have a nuclear weapon.After all we were born to rule.Your time is over my friend,you are just very reluctant to lay down.But lay down you will! Anyone who allows their sons and daughters to die in a foreign land,in order to protect themselves from an enemy of their own creation.Does not deserve to rule anyone or anything! I personally believe it will happen this way...Maintaining half a million troops in 135 foreign countries.Being paid for by Chinese borrowings.Chinese call in the loans.......It`s all over Irene!!....But......I could be wrong......Being that you seem unable to accept reality.With your last (American sourced)drop of oil...It would not surprise me......If you declared war on China!!!

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#15 Jun 29, 2010
jovialau wrote:
Pompous,arrogant,self-serving, overbearing,obnoxious.And lastly but not leastly,no one can tell you anything,you seem to labour under the self delusion that you are always freaking right.If you are typical I don`t wonder that America is in a shit hole!!!.It will be interesting to see if you fall back on the tried, and only method historically of delaying the inevitable ....Of "lets have yet another war"!!!!!! Let`s see,who could be a candidate this time? we have raped our own country dry Hmmmmm...someone with plenty of oil,gas water, and minerals.Why....That would be ...Australia!!!!! Why don`t we use the same old excuse.We`ll pretend they have a nuclear weapon........And only we.....are allowed to have a nuclear weapon.After all we were born to rule.Your time is over my friend,you are just very reluctant to lay down.But lay down you will! Anyone who allows their sons and daughters to die in a foreign land,in order to protect themselves from an enemy of their own creation.Does not deserve to rule anyone or anything! I personally believe it will happen this way...Maintaining half a million troops in 135 foreign countries.Being paid for by Chinese borrowings.Chinese call in the loans.......It`s all over Irene!!....But......I could be wrong......Being that you seem unable to accept reality.With your last (American sourced)drop of oil...It would not surprise me......If you declared war on China!!!
Are you so knowledgeable about everything except how to type a sentence? Before you preach, find someone to teach you how to type. You look like a frickin idiot, at best. Not because you can't type, but because of what you typed. Not knowing HOW to type makes you look like a 'stupid' idiot.
Terry

United States

#16 Jun 29, 2010
jovialau wrote:
Pompous,arrogant,self-serving, overbearing,obnoxious.And lastly but not leastly,no one can tell you anything,you seem to labour under the self delusion that you are always freaking right.If you are typical I don`t wonder that America is in a shit hole!!!.It will be interesting to see if you fall back on the tried, and only method historically of delaying the inevitable ....Of "lets have yet another war"!!!!!! Let`s see,who could be a candidate this time? we have raped our own country dry Hmmmmm...someone with plenty of oil,gas water, and minerals.Why....That would be ...Australia!!!!! Why don`t we use the same old excuse.We`ll pretend they have a nuclear weapon........And only we.....are allowed to have a nuclear weapon.After all we were born to rule.Your time is over my friend,you are just very reluctant to lay down.But lay down you will! Anyone who allows their sons and daughters to die in a foreign land,in order to protect themselves from an enemy of their own creation.Does not deserve to rule anyone or anything! I personally believe it will happen this way...Maintaining half a million troops in 135 foreign countries.Being paid for by Chinese borrowings.Chinese call in the loans.......It`s all over Irene!!....But......I could be wrong......Being that you seem unable to accept reality.With your last (American sourced)drop of oil...It would not surprise me......If you declared war on China!!!
Wow you really got your underware in a bundle over this. If you really think they made him tank the race because he is Australian and Americans are against him. It is all BS anyways but the real funny part is Ambrose and his team didn't have the balls to tell Nascar to shove it. Who would want to back such a wussy team. If you want to keep harping on the Australian deal that would be worse, put a dress on him if you believe that sh#t. I will say one last thing. The crap you post is funny as hell. You made my day bloke LMAO!
jovialau

Australia

#17 Jun 29, 2010
It`s only funny as hell to you because you are a thick as a brick, backwoods,deep south,most likely inbred embarrassment to the ideals of most Americans.In fact,any good thinking person anywhere.You would refuse to recognise fact if it was glued to your nose!!!!!!
jovialau

Australia

#19 Jun 29, 2010
Glad I made you day however.As they are destined to be downhill from now on!And.........If it hadn`t been from interference from parties as yet unnamed.From here on it shall be known in Australia as ......Ambrosegate......Because .....Let`s face it.... you do have a history of glossing over the facts.Ambrose would have won that race in stockings and high heels!!!!!!!!!!

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#20 Jun 30, 2010
jovialau wrote:
Glad I made you day however.As they are destined to be downhill from now on!And.........If it hadn`t been from interference from parties as yet unnamed.From here on it shall be known in Australia as ......Ambrosegate......Because .....Let`s face it.... you do have a history of glossing over the facts.Ambrose would have won that race in stockings and high heels!!!!!!!!!!
You never know, Ambrose could have choked like when he gave a race to Carl Edwards :P
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#21 Jun 30, 2010
"Ambrose's tough loss was painful to watch"???

I thought it was entertaining. Although not as entertaining as watching that talentless hack Michael "POS" Waltrip try to qualify - NOW THAT WAS FUNNY AS HELL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcos Ambrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
MArcus Ambrose SBR race suit 2004 as worn by him (Apr '13) Apr '13 Six 1
News Marcos Ambrose wins a wild last-lap duel to cap... (Aug '12) Apr '13 Kriss 13
News Richard Petty: Still King of NASCAR at 75 | Photos (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sorry Charlie 17
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins at Michigan, snaps 143-... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Ruddfan 172
More from around the web