NASCAR Suspends Gordon From Race

NASCAR Suspends Gordon From Race

There are 12 comments on the Examiner.com story from Aug 5, 2007, titled NASCAR Suspends Gordon From Race. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

“It certainly is way over the line when it comes to conduct on the track and doing what is expected of the driver to keep the event orderly”

Robby Gordon was suspended by NASCAR for the Nextel Cup race at Pocono on Sunday because of his misconduct on the race track at the Busch Series race in Canada. via Examiner.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“Texas Rocks!!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas

#1 Aug 5, 2007
Well that's the rules ... now behave !
Vman20Fan

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Aug 5, 2007
Too little, too late. That gives a whole new meaning to agressive driving! Where's points loss and $$$$$$ fine????
Doc

Littleton, CO

#3 Aug 5, 2007
NASCAR will drop the hammer on Gordon again on Tuesday.
chaz

United States

#4 Aug 5, 2007
Robbie has been right about most of Nascars biased calls on him! All the top nascar officials have a select few they want to win. THE rules are written so Nascar wins all arguments, Nascar sticks today! Robbie should wreak 'em all. He is the most man, and drive the heck out of a road course. Give him a break. Period.
Paulee

Ashburn, VA

#5 Aug 6, 2007
You go Robbie. These jerks that run NASCAR today are a joke. They let their fan favorites get by with murder. They can throw a hissy fit all they want., Hell I love Tony Stewart he has the balls like you to stand there and get in someones ass for diliberately running him into a wall because they cant beat him. You go and you stand up for yourself. If they wont protect you as a driver at BASCAR then go to Open Wheel Racing. Mr. George wont put up with thier shiznit.
Small Town Girl

Elliston, VA

#6 Aug 6, 2007
Robby was robbed of a win and he should never have been suspended. Where are the fines and/or suspension for Ambrose? It is getting hard to watch the races anymore. I hate that the only team in NASCAR's eyes is Hendrick!!
Doc

Littleton, CO

#7 Aug 6, 2007
What race were you watching? Gordon passed Ambrose under the yellow to start all of this. In at least three interviews, Gordon admitted to slowing to cause Ambrose to hit him and clearly stated that it wasn’t Ambrose’s fault that he spun. Then Gordon, after being shown the black flag and ignoring NASCAR, took out Ambrose.
For ignoring the black flag, he got what he had coming. That has nothing to do with who passed who or hit who. As for taking out Ambrose after ignoring NASCAR, he will pay another hefty price on Tuesday.
And what does Hendrick have to do with all of this? Ambrose drives for the Wood Brothers.
Gordon should be thankful that Mr. France isn’t still running the show!!!!!! He needs to quit crying, take his punishment like a man and move on.
NASCAR is what it is. If you don’t like it go race somewhere else. That goes for the drivers as well as the fans.
workingman

Naperville, IL

#8 Aug 6, 2007
biggest waste of resources, I have to pay 3.00 a gallon for gas while these boobs do left turns all day and burn up my resources.

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#9 Aug 6, 2007
Small Town Girl wrote:
Robby was robbed of a win and he should never have been suspended. Where are the fines and/or suspension for Ambrose? It is getting hard to watch the races anymore. I hate that the only team in NASCAR's eyes is Hendrick!!
Dont be stupid. Robby Gordon has ALWAYS been a dangerous driver! He has absolutely no regard whatsoever for the safety of himself, the crews, or the other drivers. Robby Gordon thinks NOTHING of wrecking someone to take a spot (generally 35th or so) and many times takes out others as well. NASCAR would do well to kick R. Gordon out of the sport. He's going to kill somebody one of these days.

“Secure our borders!!!”

Since: Jun 07

Aurora, CO

#10 Aug 6, 2007
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR)

It is no longer Stock . The rules are for who ever puts there tongue around the sphincter
Of one of the France family member or that POS Mike Helton .

They need to let the boys run like they did back in the 60s ,70s and early 80s .
These kids are making a ton of money along with every other organization involved with NASCAR . The general public supports this while the average fan has a wage of 37,000 dollars a year .

Sounds like getting rich from the poor . Oh well. Not a fan anymore . I will take my money to the local tracks .

WTF , Mark Martin is driving a Chevy . He owns several Ford dealers . No loyalty in the sport .

Go Robby Gordon , tell them the way it is and they will tell you the same thing they told Tony Stewart.
Tony needs NASCAR . NASCAR dose not need Tony Stewart . Why do you think Stewart came back with the beaten puppy look ?
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#11 Aug 7, 2007
Whoever owns the marbles controls the game. NASCAR owns the marbles in this game. If Robby Gordon doesn't want to play by their rules then all he has to do is not show up. Regardless of what anyone thinks, NASCAR racing is the best show in town. If I were the owner it would be my way or the highway. Even dummies like Kenny Wallace live in mansions and make major bucks. If I were the owner of NASCAR the next time Robby Gordons hauler was in the pits would be at least three races from now and I would not allow him to put anyone else in the car. Fines do no good when they know you're going to give it back to them at the end of the year. Point deductions do no good when you are twenty something in points. Sitting at home gets drivers and sponsors attention. It's time for NASCAR to stop BS'ing and get real with these people.

“Texas Rocks!!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas

#12 Aug 7, 2007
"Whoever owns the marbles controls the game. " This would make a great headline ! peace Out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcos Ambrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
MArcus Ambrose SBR race suit 2004 as worn by him (Apr '13) Apr '13 Six 1
News Marcos Ambrose wins a wild last-lap duel to cap... (Aug '12) Apr '13 Kriss 13
News Richard Petty: Still King of NASCAR at 75 | Photos (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sorry Charlie 17
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins at Michigan, snaps 143-... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Ruddfan 172