Not even McMahon could have scripted ...

Not even McMahon could have scripted this

There are 196 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jun 11, 2007, titled Not even McMahon could have scripted this. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

About six weeks ago, Tony Stewart likened his sport to professional wrestling. ''I don't know that they've run a fair race all year,'' he said on his weekly Sirius Satellite radio show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
joldham

United States

#1 Jun 11, 2007
why don"t nascar just give gordon the championship now? how many races has he won because of caution flags at just the right time this year? give him the championship now and them get on with some real racing. tony stueart hit the nail on the head when he said nascar was like the wwa.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Jun 11, 2007
joldham wrote:
why don"t nascar just give gordon the championship now? how many races has he won because of caution flags at just the right time this year? give him the championship now and them get on with some real racing. tony stueart hit the nail on the head when he said nascar was like the wwa.
I found it a little Odd Just as Newman went to pass and was about to Pass him~ Here come the Flag~ How convenient~

“Will drive for Schlitz”

Since: Jan 07

Collierville, TN

#3 Jun 11, 2007
Who was leading when Johnson blew his tire? Just can't remember.
Gokartmannd

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jun 11, 2007
joldham wrote:
Nascar has little respect or credabilty left among most of the series fans. Its declining quickley they races are no longer sold out on most occasions and rating are down. They need a major over hall of operations.

Since: Feb 07

United States

#5 Jun 11, 2007
Jeannie wrote:
<quoted text> I found it a little Odd Just as Newman went to pass and was about to Pass him~ Here come the Flag~ How convenient~
I thought the same thing. I'm sure Ryan could have led him for a long time, his car was really good. Very very convenient!!!

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#6 Jun 11, 2007
Everyone is speculating about NASCAR's decisions, but do you think you all could do a better job? I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for making the calls! Its funny its always the Hendrick Haters that make these kind of accusations. Once and for all Hendrick isn't God, they cant control the weather and neither can NASCAR. And seriously as far as the venues not selling out, Its really expensive for the average family to go. Look at all of the sporting events, they're having a tough time selling out too.
Gokartmannd

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jun 11, 2007
I think a drunk Monkey could do a better job or a fifth grader.
Gokartmannd

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jun 11, 2007
Why are we all Hendricks Haters because we would like to see a consistant fair Nascar. It would be better for the sport.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jun 11, 2007
Gokartmannd wrote:
Why are we all Hendricks Haters because we would like to see a consistant fair Nascar. It would be better for the sport.
So you hate HMS because NASCAR isn't fair??? Seems to me you're directing your hostilities to the wrong people!!! I'm sure HMS could care less whether you're a fan or not, LOL!!! Send all your whining rants to Mike Helton or John Darby!!! You're bound to get a lot done, LOL!!!

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#11 Jun 11, 2007
Gokartmannd wrote:
Why are we all Hendricks Haters because we would like to see a consistent fair Nascar. It would be better for the sport.
I say this, because I don't see you addressing the issue your claiming with any other drivers. NASCAR has waved the yellow for many other drivers as well, not just Hendrick, yet I never hear about those calls form you who like to complain so much. Personally I would be happier being friendly to every one on these boards knowing most of us are fans, but some make it so hard. I'm not on here looking to pick fights with people or to get a rise, and if I do, it's tasteful and all in fun!

SpdBmp

Freedom, CA

#12 Jun 11, 2007
Tamara24 wrote:
<quoted text>I say this, because I don't see you addressing the issue your claiming with any other drivers. NASCAR has waved the yellow for many other drivers as well, not just Hendrick, yet I never hear about those calls form you who like to complain so much. Personally I would be happier being friendly to every one on these boards knowing most of us are fans, but some make it so hard. I'm not on here looking to pick fights with people or to get a rise, and if I do, it's tasteful and all in fun!
Tamara,
I've been a Jeff Gordon fan since he began his Cup career. In fact one of his earliest sponsors was a speedshop in California owned by a friends family! I've been picked on, belittled, and taunted for well over a decade do to my choice of driver - who cares? I'll gladly take the brunt of some ill tempered people's comments while HMS drives their cars into victory lane! I find it humorous that people get so riled up and make personal attacks like I have ANYTHING to do with how HMS performs on the track. If I did, I wouldn't be here, I'd be in Jeff's pit stall watching from the top of the pit box!

“my ray of sunshine Michael”

Kentucky/North Carolina

#13 Jun 11, 2007
ohracefan wrote:
Who was leading when Johnson blew his tire? Just can't remember.
Gordon

Kentucky/North Carolina

#14 Jun 11, 2007
Tamara24 wrote:
Everyone is speculating about NASCAR's decisions, but do you think you all could do a better job? I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for making the calls! Its funny its always the Hendrick Haters that make these kind of accusations. Once and for all Hendrick isn't God, they cant control the weather and neither can NASCAR. And seriously as far as the venues not selling out, Its really expensive for the average family to go. Look at all of the sporting events, they're having a tough time selling out too.
Tamara there have been several races sold out I know what you mean about the Hendrick Haters I am a huge fan of Newman one of his biggest fans and I know they did not play favs they havent done that people are just mad cause Hendricks is on top of thier game I for one am happy they got it together they have worked hard to be where they are now.I say congrats to them for thier hard work it does pay off Ryan knew he couldnt pass cause it was already wet when he tried to pass thats why he backed off if people would just listen to whats going on than having selective hearing they may be better off Kudos Gordon Fine Job!!

Since: Mar 07

Odessa, TX

#15 Jun 11, 2007
joldham wrote:
Yes once again NASCAR has given the race away. Their wishy washy way of throwing or not throwing the yellow flag has given Gordon three races this season. The Pocono race, if you want to call it a race, was not won but given as a prize to the 24 team. The whole thing hinged on throwing the yellow or not when Johnson started throwing trash on the track. NASCAR evidently did not like who was out front so they did not throw the yellow; which would have likely resulted in the race finishing with the field as it was then. NASCAR did finally throw the yellow when Robby Gordon had his problem but then they chose not to throw the yellow with Johnsons blown tire. Why? They say it was because they wnated to finish the race racing. The fact is that they knew that if they threw the yellow then, they would have had to accept Hamlin, Stewart, or Newman as the likely winner. They knew if they did not throw the yellow the lead would cycle to Gordon or maby someone else but they absolutly knew that Gordon would get his shot at the win. They will say forever that they did what they thought best but the fact is that they would have thrown the yellow if they would have liked who was out front and then they would say safety, safety, safety. Safety seems to be only a conern if it effects everyone evenly but when it might cause some team (one they would not necessarialy prefer) to win that would have won otherwise, NASCAR temporarly suspends safety. NASCAR has given HMS every thing HMS has got this season so far. Even the announcers have insulted the other teams with comments about HMS's supposed superior perfomance (what a joke). Look at the laughable commentary that the viewers were subjected to yesterday during Pocono. The announcers actually suggested that the 24 team was invincable and even asked the 12 team crew cheif what he thought of the 24's strategy. NASCAR has and will likely continue to throw the advantage to their favorite every chance they get. One more point, NASCAR threw the caution for the rain on lap 106 just as Newman would have passed Gordon and then Newman would have been the winner. But no, tha was not the plan so NASCAR knew Gordon could not hold Newman off for another lap so they gave it to Gordon. Yes the rain was coming down but not really hard enough for the yellow to come out exactly when it did but it did because NASCAR was once concerned about safety. HUMMMM, safety was not a concern when it would have benifited someone else but was when it benifited an HMS team, well that was a different matter.

Kentucky/North Carolina

#18 Jun 11, 2007
seventy nine an counting wrote:
<quoted text>watch again newman never did get in front ..give mother nature a call"maybe she can explain things to ya ..hahahahaha..go hendricks..
exactly he tried as the rain was on them not too hard but on the one spot it was raining hard Ryan knew he is a smart man :-)

Kentucky/North Carolina

#20 Jun 11, 2007
seventy nine an counting wrote:
<quoted text>and you are so correct .ryan did a great job.
thanks

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#21 Jun 11, 2007
nascar12nc wrote:
<quoted text>Gordon
More importantly, who was leading when the race ended? Jeff Gordon, read it and weep!!! Time to move on!!!

Kentucky/North Carolina

#23 Jun 11, 2007
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>More importantly, who was leading when the race ended? Jeff Gordon, read it and weep!!! Time to move on!!!
I wasnt complaining I knew who was and I have congratulated him and his fans if this was meant for me please read my other post :-)
Will in Charlotte NC

Charlotte, NC

#24 Jun 11, 2007
For the record, Jeff Gordon has won only 4 rain shortened races out of the 79 that he has won.
Look, whether you like him or not, he is like a Michael Jordon to NBA or Tiger Woods to PGA.
Sometimes luck, talent and resources all allign and bam, you have a super hero.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#25 Jun 11, 2007
Its just jealousy because HMS has their stuff together and knows how toget thejob done. Its called TEAM WORK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Petty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kurt Busch donates $1 million to Victory Juncti... (May '06) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 16
News Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
News Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
News Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
News Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
News Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Talk about Kyle Petty (Aug '11) Sep '12 Duh1 3
More from around the web