Kinkade Daytona print being auctioned for Victory Junction Gang Camp

Aug 6, 2008 Full story: Scene Daily 18

A limited edition print of " NASCAR Thunder, The 50th Running of the Daytona 500 " by Thomas Kinkade is now being auctioned to benefit the Victory Junction Gang Camp for children with chronic medical conditions ...

Full Story

“I am back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jul 08

endicott new york

#1 Aug 6, 2008
Any one want to place a bid . Painting is at 10, 000,00 . Do I here 11,000,00 . Ooh come on 11,500,00 . I bet Tony or one of the other drivers are bidding . Or Donald Trump has to be someone with money to burn .

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#2 Aug 6, 2008
well, it is truly gorgeous and it is for charity so it probably is someone higher up in NASCAR or maybe a collector..I got my black and white one because that is what I saw him drawing and I could not justify buying a color one.. it is truly one of his best works in my opinion.. he captured the entire day.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 6, 2008
I love Kinkade.He has a god given talent.Too bad I dont have the money to buy anything of his,except the odd figurine. I would be on that in a heartbeat!

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#4 Aug 6, 2008
CanadianNascarGirl wrote:
I love Kinkade.He has a god given talent.Too bad I dont have the money to buy anything of his,except the odd figurine. I would be on that in a heartbeat!
Ya I his works are amazing. I saved my pennies and I do have Daytona Thunder coming to me. I made it a two payment plan deal.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5 Aug 6, 2008
Big-14-Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ya I his works are amazing. I saved my pennies and I do have Daytona Thunder coming to me. I made it a two payment plan deal.
Where did you get it through?

“I am back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jul 08

endicott new york

#6 Aug 6, 2008
Heck I just looked it up .you can buy it on canvas for 995 or framed for 1065 . and get a 1year to pay on it. Take it to the track and get it autographed yourself . heck of a lot cheaper then 10,000,00

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#7 Aug 7, 2008
CanadianNascarGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get it through?
Here ya go hope this helps ya.

http://www.thomaskinkade.com/magi/servlet/com...

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#8 Aug 7, 2008
sprintfan20 wrote:
Heck I just looked it up .you can buy it on canvas for 995 or framed for 1065 . and get a 1year to pay on it. Take it to the track and get it autographed yourself . heck of a lot cheaper then 10,000,00
You read my mind. I was thinking of doing that myself before they came out with this auction event.

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#9 Aug 7, 2008
Oh and I am thrilled it should be here today. I got a spot on the wall ready for it.

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#10 Aug 7, 2008
oh and here is a another limited time offer they are running. You get 2 working sketch with it.
http://www.thomaskinkade.com/magi/servlet/com...

Sorry I just a big fan of his work and I am thrilled that I got to talk to him at Daytona and well now for my very 1st painting I will own of his is this one. So I kind of got 2 things I really enjoy wrapped into one. I can't wait to get home and hang it up if it gets here today.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#11 Aug 7, 2008
Big-14-Fan wrote:
oh and here is a another limited time offer they are running. You get 2 working sketch with it.
http://www.thomaskinkade.com/magi/servlet/com...
Sorry I just a big fan of his work and I am thrilled that I got to talk to him at Daytona and well now for my very 1st painting I will own of his is this one. So I kind of got 2 things I really enjoy wrapped into one. I can't wait to get home and hang it up if it gets here today.
That is awesome. Kinkaid is very,very talented.

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#12 Aug 7, 2008
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
That is awesome. Kinkaid is very,very talented.
Ya well saddly it came from the Indy fund but i think it was worth it. I so can't wait to get home and see it in person.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#13 Aug 7, 2008
Big-14-Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ya well saddly it came from the Indy fund but i think it was worth it. I so can't wait to get home and see it in person.
Well,if it is any consolation and if the last Brickyard is any indication, you will enjoy that painting more! lol

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#14 Aug 7, 2008
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,if it is any consolation and if the last Brickyard is any indication, you will enjoy that painting more! lol
That was my feeling as well. Thou I had it order before the Indy debacle. And well honestly its the last Daytona 500 with Tony in the #20 Car so its kind of a unquie thing for me last 20 item I bought.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#15 Aug 7, 2008
Big-14-Fan wrote:
<quoted text>That was my feeling as well. Thou I had it order before the Indy debacle. And well honestly its the last Daytona 500 with Tony in the #20 Car so its kind of a unquie thing for me last 20 item I bought.
Plus, that is as much an investment as it is an enjoyment. His paintings are priceless. I am happy for you.

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#16 Aug 7, 2008
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus, that is as much an investment as it is an enjoyment. His paintings are priceless. I am happy for you.
have to agree with you there on that one.

“I am back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jul 08

endicott new york

#17 Aug 8, 2008
Big-14-Fan wrote:
oh and here is a another limited time offer they are running. You get 2 working sketch with it.
http://www.thomaskinkade.com/magi/servlet/com...
Sorry I just a big fan of his work and I am thrilled that I got to talk to him at Daytona and well now for my very 1st painting I will own of his is this one. So I kind of got 2 things I really enjoy wrapped into one. I can't wait to get home and hang it up if it gets here today.
Thank you for the info.Now I have to make up my mind witch to get canvas or print.

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#18 Aug 11, 2008
sprintfan20 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the info.Now I have to make up my mind witch to get canvas or print.
I got the print and it looks fine and like all his work it changes with the light so if ya want to save alittle the print looks good to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Petty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kurt Busch donates $1 million to Victory Juncti... (May '06) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 16
Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Talk about Kyle Petty (Aug '11) Sep '12 Duh1 3

Kyle Petty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE