It's On! Angry Petty Lays The Smack D...

It's On! Angry Petty Lays The Smack Down In Garage On Hamlin

There are 54 comments on the WSOCTV story from Sep 24, 2007, titled It's On! Angry Petty Lays The Smack Down In Garage On Hamlin. In it, WSOCTV reports that:

“I didn't realize it was your 100th win”

Denny Hamlin's car crashed into Kyle Petty's bumper. Then a furious Petty got in Hamlin's face. via WSOCTV

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSOCTV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GO TONY GO

Forest Lake, MN

#42 Sep 27, 2007
BET DENNY'S MOM ISN'T BAKING HIM COOKIES THIS WEEK? SHE SHOULD CALL HIM AND TELL HIM TO GROW UP
MIKE

AOL

#43 Sep 27, 2007
Jim wrote:
If I were Denny I'd sue the hell out of Petty! First, what kind of example does it set for all those special children at his and his dad's camp!?! Second, too reach INTO someones car and slam his visor down is a personnal violation! I hope NASCAR throws the book at Petty!
SUE, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, HE KNOCKED HIS VISOR DOWN, DENNY CRASHED HIS 100,000 CAR.. YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY
MIKE

AOL

#44 Sep 27, 2007
SUE!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME, HE CRASHED KYLE'S 100,000 CAR AND ALL KYLE DID WAS PUSH HIS VISOR DOWN... LETS GET REAL.. DENNY IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH NASCAR, THESE KIDS ARE NOT PAYING THEIR DUES IN BUSCH...
JR-SR FAN

Raleigh, NC

#45 Sep 27, 2007
NASCAR has a minimum speed that a driver must sustain in order to be allowed to remain on the track. If the driver maintains an acceptable speed for NASCAR then the other drivers have the responsibility to pass him safely when they over take him whether they are in the chase or not. Denny Hamlin demonstrated to the world through his vocalization after the incident that he doesn't care about anyone but himself. With his remarks he indicated that he considered himself to be more important than Kyle Petty. I watched the race and pretty everything else that has been shown about it and still haven't heard him accept full responsibility for running into Kyle. Had Kyle pulled in front of Denny after Denny had changed lanes to pass or made some other movement that caused a problem I would be the first to lay the blame at Kyle's doorstep. This was not the case, Denny simply through some type error failed to change lanes in time to pass safety. Anyone that thinks it is just fine to have a car destroyed and suffer that financial lost without being a little hot is over medicated. This situation could have resolved easily had Denny be a man about it and apologized as soon as it happened. Other drivers causing problems get on their radio and tell their spotter and crew chief that they caused something and to apologized for them and this gets the healing processed. Not Mr. Hamlin, he's way too important and perfect to do something like that. At the very least, the asswipe could have apologized when Kyle came to the car and took his net down. Just a spoiled ass kid with some driving talent and very little common sense.
yukon01

AOL

#46 Sep 27, 2007
this is happening too much with denny hamlin....he is just too egotistic and this is not the first time he has made comments like he made on sunday....denny has had a couple of great years but two years don't constitute a career and he better hope he doesn't have a bad year next year...he needs to learn to be a little more humble until he has ten or fifteen years in the sport...

“Nascar freak/JGR Fanatic!! ”

Since: Aug 07

Debary, Fl.

#47 Sep 27, 2007
I'd like to see the outcry if Denny went into Kyles pit, pulled his net down, pointed in his face and chewed him out for 30 seconds, then slapped him up side the helmet.. Good lord would he of been penalized, fined and put on probation so fast his head would spin.. Just another case of the nascar double standard.. And for those who think Kyles not got anger issues, you've not been a nascar fan very long.. He's always been known as a hot head who looses his temper, spouts off at the mouth, and yes even punch other drivers while their still buckled into the car.. He's no saint in this.. And if he'd not checked up, when he was trying to let the 11 by, I doubt he'd of gotten run over.. But whatever happened on the track was a racing deal, what happened in the garage afterward was bull.. Last year Edwards run over Kyle in a similar situation, only difference is, when Kyle got over to his car Edwards was already out of it.. Kyle stood there with his hands in the air like Edwards had a gun pointed at him.. lol..
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#48 Sep 27, 2007
Mickstix wrote:
I'd like to see the outcry if Denny went into Kyles pit, pulled his net down, pointed in his face and chewed him out for 30 seconds, then slapped him up side the helmet.. Good lord would he of been penalized, fined and put on probation so fast his head would spin.. Just another case of the nascar double standard.. And for those who think Kyles not got anger issues, you've not been a nascar fan very long.. He's always been known as a hot head who looses his temper, spouts off at the mouth, and yes even punch other drivers while their still buckled into the car.. He's no saint in this.. And if he'd not checked up, when he was trying to let the 11 by, I doubt he'd of gotten run over.. But whatever happened on the track was a racing deal, what happened in the garage afterward was bull.. Last year Edwards run over Kyle in a similar situation, only difference is, when Kyle got over to his car Edwards was already out of it.. Kyle stood there with his hands in the air like Edwards had a gun pointed at him.. lol..
When did Kyle Petty punch another driver while that driver was still in the car. Well, he should have punched Denny in the mouth right then and there. Sure, Denny acted so macho, knowing that Kyle's team wouldn't let him punch the egotistical jerk. He finally took his helmet off but not before he knew Kyle's guys would not let Kyle punch Denny.
JR-SR FAN

Raleigh, NC

#50 Sep 27, 2007
Mickstix wrote:
Throw the minnow back, Son. It ain't big enough to be a keeper. Where the hell do you get this crap that Kyle Petty has always been known as a hot head? The truth is the exact opposite. Kyle has always been known as a voice of reason. I'll agree Kyle shouldn't have went to this little puss's pit but sometimes you just got to let an asswipe know where he stands. Last year when Carl hit Kyle the first thing Carl did was apologize. That was why Kyle stood there with his hands in the air, he was still frustrated but Carl was a man about it and apologized. Now throw the little fish back and let it grow up.
JR-SR FAN

Raleigh, NC

#51 Sep 27, 2007
mike wrote:
all i know is that every wek now there is a fight, and its always over a 'racing thing' that shouldn't have happened and often its between a lead lap car and a lapped car.
10 years ago these things didn't happen. lapped cars stayed out of the way, and lead lap cars didn't cry to their spotters to move guys for them - they just passed them.
its the watering down of talent and the impatience and poor upbringing of the younger generation of driver that has brought this on.
here's some advice for the hothead cup guys (80% of the drivers)...
just race the car, shush up, and if you have a problem - go to the other guys trailer after you leave the garage and invite him outisde to settle it.
yes i know that's stupid. none of these millionaire midgets are going to challenge anyone to a fight. nor should they.
just race the cars and shush up.
A lot of what you said is right on the money Mike. Some of these young drivers think its just fine to run all over anyone they want to. They remind me of the song the old boy sings about me, me, me. I'm in the chase, get out of my way, I'm so important, weh weh weh. I just love it though when their own stupidity takes them out of the race and in this case I hope it takes him out of the chase.
LaC

Redwood City, CA

#52 Sep 27, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
It is plain to me that a lot of people on here are running off at the mouth but didn't really see what happened on track to start the incident Hamlin pit stall. Hamlin over took Kyle and Kyle held his line for Hamlin to pass him but Mr. High and Mighty Hamlin just drove straight into the back of Kyles car. No reason, there was plenty of room to pass high or low. What did the fool expect Kyle to do, park his car so he could pass? Kyle Petty qualified for the race and had just much right to his space on the track as Denny. It doesn't matter whether you're in the chase or not, if you over take someone it your responsibility to pass them safely. Kyle Petty isn't an agressive driver and has no "angry issues". Denny Hamlin took his own dumbass out of the race and I hope it costs him the championship. Maybe he will learn something. Instead of slapping his visor down Kyle should knock the dummy out.
Haha. Good post.
Petty Fan

AOL

#53 Sep 28, 2007
Keith S wrote:
The only way Petty is going to pay back Denny is on the track.and every one knows he is not going to have that chance until Denny is lapping the never should have been in the cup series Petty anyways.
Petty belongs in the cup series as much as anyone else. He is a class guy and has done alot of good things for charity. He has won races and when he has the equipment, he can still get the job done. Also most every driver I've heard comment on the incident between him and Hamlin said it was Hamlins fault. Petty has the respect of most of his peers, Hamlin it seems does'nt. Case Closed.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#54 Sep 28, 2007
Petty Fan wrote:
<quoted text> Petty belongs in the cup series as much as anyone else. He is a class guy and has done alot of good things for charity. He has won races and when he has the equipment, he can still get the job done. Also most every driver I've heard comment on the incident between him and Hamlin said it was Hamlins fault. Petty has the respect of most of his peers, Hamlin it seems does'nt. Case Closed.
Very good point Petty fan, well said.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#55 Sep 28, 2007
Grogan wrote:
<quoted text>Very good point Petty fan, well said.
Sorry to bug in but i had to say hello when i see ya dear! Have a great weekend with your family and friends and let's go racing!;-)

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#56 Sep 28, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to bug in but i had to say hello when i see ya dear! Have a great weekend with your family and friends and let's go racing!;-)
No need for sorry, your the best.Have a great couple of days and good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Petty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kurt Busch donates $1 million to Victory Juncti... (May '06) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 16
News Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
News Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
News Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
News Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
News Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Talk about Kyle Petty (Aug '11) Sep '12 Duh1 3
More from around the web