KP's move to TV booth could be coming...

KP's move to TV booth could be coming soon

There are 7 comments on the The Wichita Eagle story from Jan 23, 2007, titled KP's move to TV booth could be coming soon. In it, The Wichita Eagle reports that:

Kyle Petty awaits the start of the 2006 Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wichita Eagle.

Joyce from Illinois

Camp Hill, PA

#1 Jan 24, 2007
I think Kyle would do a good jog in the tv booth.
He knows all the aspects of the sport, and he is well respected as a driver and a man. I would like to see it happen.
Dave

AOL

#2 Jan 26, 2007
I'd like to see it too......in 2020! Kyle still can drive a car when his focus is there. Get out of the office, away from the shop, off of the motorcycle, away from the Camp, away from the microphone, and..........drive the car!(in all 36 races!)
Adam

AOL

#3 Jan 27, 2007
Petty Enterprises needs Kyle Petty behind the wheel of the car and so do his fans, at this time of change in the sport and at Petty Enterprises they need their leader. Kyle can still drive, there have been some momements over the last year that the fire is there. Why walk out now at the beginning of a new and promissing season for Petty Enterprises, especially during the middle of the season at tracks that Kyle has won on. Kyle can still win, he just needs to have some more confidence in his abilities, We have seen Kyle race with the best drivers in this sport and win against them. Kyle can do anything he sets out to do and do it good. Kyle Petty is what true Nascar is, forget the corporate side and you can still find the heart of Nascar and its Kyle Petty, a real person not a walking billboard.
WATCH THE FLAMES

Ahoskie, NC

#4 Jan 27, 2007
KYLE PETTY IS ONE IN A MILLION. HE IS A SUPER INDIVIDUAL. BUT FACE THE FACTS, KYLE IS FORTY SEVEN AND HAS BEEN THROUGH A LOT. WHEN WE ARE YOUNG AND HAVE THE WORLD IN FRONT OF US, WE CAN DO IT ALL. BUT TIME CATCHES UP WITH US AND TIME IS CATCHING UP WITH KYLE. ONCE UPON A TIME, I WAS A YOUNG SOLDIER THAT COULD RUN ALL DAY, BUT WOKE UP ONE DAY WHEN I WAS FORTY FIVE AND THE KNEES COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE,TOO MUCH POUNDING THE GROUND, TOO MANY PLF'S. THERE IS SO MUCH FOR KYLE TO ACCOMPLISH OUT OF THE CAR. THERE IS SO MUCH A TWENTY YEAR OLD KID WITH SOME DRIVING TALENT COULD DO WITH THAT CAR. RICHARD STAYED EIGHT YEARS LONGER THAN HE SHOULD, DALE STAYED ONE RACE LONGER THAN HE SHOULD, WHEN IT'S TIME WE NEED TO GO.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#5 Jan 27, 2007
I think Kyle was the BEST tv analyst out of anyone, bar none. His knowledge of the most minute details of the car and the ability to convey that to the audience was amazing. Get out of the car Kyle, you have a great future in broadcasting.
Karen_Petty Fan 4Ever

Broadview Heights, OH

#6 Jan 29, 2007
Adam wrote:
Petty Enterprises needs Kyle Petty behind the wheel of the car and so do his fans, at this time of change in the sport and at Petty Enterprises they need their leader. Kyle can still drive, there have been some momements over the last year that the fire is there. Why walk out now at the beginning of a new and promissing season for Petty Enterprises, especially during the middle of the season at tracks that Kyle has won on. Kyle can still win, he just needs to have some more confidence in his abilities, We have seen Kyle race with the best drivers in this sport and win against them. Kyle can do anything he sets out to do and do it good. Kyle Petty is what true Nascar is, forget the corporate side and you can still find the heart of Nascar and its Kyle Petty, a real person not a walking billboard.
AMEN to that...Kyle Petty is no ones yes man and he does what Kyle Petty wants to do. He is his own man, Nascar could not do better with anyone else as a spokesperson, except maybe Richard Petty. Thank God he is not want of those drivers who dresses and looks like all the others. You Go Kyle Petty!!!! 2007 will be your year....I met Kyle Petty a few years ago at Rockingham, no one could have been nicer to all the fans that were waiting for him. And contrary to belief..there are alot of Kyle Petty fans around..at the races you always see plenty of fans with his shirts and hats on.
Angelia

AOL

#7 Feb 9, 2007
I agree. I hate to think of NASCAR without a Petty behind the wheel. Som any long time drivers have retired or been lost that the sport is not the same. It's looking like we will lose all our favorites soon.
QUOTE who="Adam"]Petty Enterprises needs Kyle Petty behind the wheel of the car and so do his fans, at this time of change in the sport and at Petty Enterprises they need their leader. Kyle can still drive, there have been some momements over the last year that the fire is there. Why walk out now at the beginning of a new and promissing season for Petty Enterprises, especially during the middle of the season at tracks that Kyle has won on. Kyle can still win, he just needs to have some more confidence in his abilities, We have seen Kyle race with the best drivers in this sport and win against them. Kyle can do anything he sets out to do and do it good. Kyle Petty is what true Nascar is, forget the corporate side and you can still find the heart of Nascar and its Kyle Petty, a real person not a walking billboard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Petty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kurt Busch donates $1 million to Victory Juncti... (May '06) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 16
News Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
News Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
News Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
News Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
News Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Talk about Kyle Petty (Aug '11) Sep '12 Duh1 3
More from around the web