Team Petty to announce re-signing of Labonte

Jun 9, 2008 Full story: sports.espn.go.com 24

The future of Petty Enterprises will become clearer on Wednesday. NASCAR's most famed organization has called a news conference for 11 a.m. ET Wednesday at Lowe's Motor Speedway.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#21 Jun 11, 2008
A modern shop in Charlotte, money to buy the best in equipment, technology and people, it's all coming together for some of the most deserving people in the sport. I'm so glad that this deal is also providing for Bobby a piece of ownership in the team. Now if Kyle will smarten up and pick himself out a broadcast chair somewhere and let them go find a Joey Logano clone somewhere to fill the 45 seat. I'm hoping by this time next year the Petty team will be the top Dodge team in NASCAR.
Junior Nation

United States

#22 Jun 12, 2008
Opti wrote:
<quoted text>
What was hard to watch was Bobby getting the shaft in his last three years at jgr. In that case, Stewart was the young guy trying to make a name for himself.
The finishes have been hard to watch. The races on the other hand have been good to see. I have seen a marked improvement in the 43 team over last year. Last year was better than the year before that. I think this is a step in the right direction. I also feel in the pit of my stomach that UPS will be the sponsor of the 43 car next year. How exciting for both Bobby and the Pettys.
The hair on my arms is standing up in excitment for these truly deserving and genuinely good people.
Wow, I was thinking the same thing about UPS going to the 43. Even though I adore Ruedi I think UPS on the 43 w/BL would be an awesome fit.

I'm excited about the Petty's getting the backing they need. NASCAR just wouldn't be NASCAR without the Petty's and the Wood's.. Now we just have to put our prayers to the Wood's in hope that they can figure out a way to keep the 21 going and going strong.
Junior Nation

United States

#23 Jun 12, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
A modern shop in Charlotte, money to buy the best in equipment, technology and people, it's all coming together for some of the most deserving people in the sport. I'm so glad that this deal is also providing for Bobby a piece of ownership in the team. Now if Kyle will smarten up and pick himself out a broadcast chair somewhere and let them go find a Joey Logano clone somewhere to fill the 45 seat. I'm hoping by this time next year the Petty team will be the top Dodge team in NASCAR.
Kyle said last night that he is not going to step out of the 45. That the 45 was Adam's and he's driving mainly to promote the VJC. He is planning on driving it for aleast a couple of years. Good news though is the are looking to add a 3rd car.
Big City Bob

United States

#24 Jun 12, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle said last night that he is not going to step out of the 45. That the 45 was Adam's and he's driving mainly to promote the VJC. He is planning on driving it for aleast a couple of years. Good news though is the are looking to add a 3rd car.
they can't get sponsher's on 2 car's more less 3. Your dreaming if you think UPS would go to that loosing team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Petty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kurt Busch donates $1 million to Victory Juncti... (May '06) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 16
Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Talk about Kyle Petty (Aug '11) Sep '12 Duh1 3
More from around the web