Team Petty to announce re-signing of Labonte

Jun 9, 2008 | Posted by: Lets go racing | Full story: sports.espn.go.com

The future of Petty Enterprises will become clearer on Wednesday. NASCAR's most famed organization has called a news conference for 11 a.m. ET Wednesday at Lowe's Motor Speedway.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

Judged:

Why would he stay there?
JD Bawlsac

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Bobby sees his team turning the corner and why start all over somewhere else. He's not getting any younger. It seems the theme in NASCAR is, Younger is better. I also think he and the Petty's don't want the name Petty to leave NASCAR. It's becoming the only team with a tie to were NASCAR came from. Yes, and for all the cash and giltter in the lime light are a truely strongly religious family and I think Bobby enjoys that family closeness he get there. He just brought his brother in to drive the 45 car. Two very close families is the reason.
Junior Nation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

JD Bawlsac wrote:
Bobby sees his team turning the corner and why start all over somewhere else. He's not getting any younger. It seems the theme in NASCAR is, Younger is better. I also think he and the Petty's don't want the name Petty to leave NASCAR. It's becoming the only team with a tie to were NASCAR came from. Yes, and for all the cash and giltter in the lime light are a truely strongly religious family and I think Bobby enjoys that family closeness he get there. He just brought his brother in to drive the 45 car. Two very close families is the reason.
You're right. Both families have the same believes about family and the close knit old time NASCAR family. I really hope the Wood Brothers can figure something out.

It would be a shame to see any of the grassroot NASCAR families fade away.
Big City Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

He should retire, his glory days are in the past,Kyle should leave to, the hole petty team is a joke.
Big Fan

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Kyle petty is one of the best people in racing and, i've been his and hid dad's fan for years. Now I hope that they have a car or teams for years to come but, since Adam's accident nothing has been the same. I wish Kyle would retire and hire a young gun like J.R has in the nationwide series. They need a name thats going to be there for years. Bobby has cars that can win with a kyle bush type driver. Nascar needs to step in and help the Petty's and Wood Brothers and even Yates. They did when Richard Childress needed help. These teams are Nascar.
Junior Nation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Big Fan wrote:
Kyle petty is one of the best people in racing and, i've been his and hid dad's fan for years. Now I hope that they have a car or teams for years to come but, since Adam's accident nothing has been the same. I wish Kyle would retire and hire a young gun like J.R has in the nationwide series. They need a name thats going to be there for years. Bobby has cars that can win with a kyle bush type driver. Nascar needs to step in and help the Petty's and Wood Brothers and even Yates. They did when Richard Childress needed help. These teams are Nascar.
You're right.. Without them NASCAR would not be what it is today. I hope they can make it through the tough times.

“2008 Nextel Cup Champ”

Since: Jun 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Petty enterprise lost its swager, its just a team hanging on tight soo, both cars will be sponser less.

“2008 Nextel Cup Champ”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

*soon
Bumpertag

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Big City Bob wrote:
He should retire, his glory days are in the past,Kyle should leave to, the hole petty team is a joke.
Earnhardt was well past his prime at the time of his death, but I didn't hear anyone saying he should retire. Kyle hasn't shown he can get the job done, but Bobby still has a year or two before he thinks about retiring.
TSTEWFAN

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

I have been a fan of Bobby Labonte since I met him in his rookie season at Watkins Glenn. It was an awesome ride for a while at JGR, but it's been awful hard to watch him week after week at Petty's hoping for a "top 20". I was really hoping he would be offered the 4th ride at RCR so he would at least have a chance to win another race before he retires...JMO
WWE NASCAR

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Hey NASCAR needs grid fillers, who better than Petty Enterprises and Michael Waltrip Racing to provide them.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

TSTEWFAN wrote:
I have been a fan of Bobby Labonte since I met him in his rookie season at Watkins Glenn. It was an awesome ride for a while at JGR, but it's been awful hard to watch him week after week at Petty's hoping for a "top 20". I was really hoping he would be offered the 4th ride at RCR so he would at least have a chance to win another race before he retires...JMO
Hello TS:-)

Hope all is well for you tonight. Saw some nasty weather warnings for your area today

“2008 Nextel Cup Champ”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

HunyKatt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope all is well for you tonight. Saw some nasty weather warnings for your area today
It is thundering, raining, and lightinging here........

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Rowdy Busch18 wrote:
<quoted text>It is thundering, raining, and lightinging here........
We had a hi temp today of 104. Its 8:03 now and the temp is still 97 degrees. We just had a high wind warning today.

Stay safe, my Friend

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Judged:

Petty Enterprises will also be making an announcement in the near future that they have taken an investment group as a majority partner. Hopefully, Kyle will announce his retirement for the end of this year and with the resigning of Bobby and the hiring of some young talented driver the team movement to Charlotte will produce a lot better results. Even today, the name "Petty" is the one that everyone knows whether they are a racing fan or not. I have a little diecast of the 43 Cherrios car sitting here on my desk, I'm so looking forward to the day that car wins again. I haven't had a drink in years but I plan on having one when it does win.

“2008 Nextel Cup Champ”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

HunyKatt wrote:
<quoted text>
We had a hi temp today of 104. Its 8:03 now and the temp is still 97 degrees. We just had a high wind warning today.
Stay safe, my Friend
I will
TSTEWFAN

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

HunyKatt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HK...yes, we did have some nasty weather here yesterday. Once that blew thru, it took all that nasty humidity with it. We broke a record Monday, 95 degrees!! Much better the next few days 80's and no humidity. See ya at Mindy's...

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

TSTEWFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HK...yes, we did have some nasty weather here yesterday. Once that blew thru, it took all that nasty humidity with it. We broke a record Monday, 95 degrees!! Much better the next few days 80's and no humidity. See ya at Mindy's...
OK, TS - you take care and if it gets real hot again, stay cool:-)

Its always good to see you:-)
Big City Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

WWE NASCAR wrote:
Hey NASCAR needs grid fillers, who better than Petty Enterprises and Michael Waltrip Racing to provide them.
Your so right,then add in all the ex open wheelers.
Opti

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

TSTEWFAN wrote:
What was hard to watch was Bobby getting the shaft in his last three years at jgr. In that case, Stewart was the young guy trying to make a name for himself.

The finishes have been hard to watch. The races on the other hand have been good to see. I have seen a marked improvement in the 43 team over last year. Last year was better than the year before that. I think this is a step in the right direction. I also feel in the pit of my stomach that UPS will be the sponsor of the 43 car next year. How exciting for both Bobby and the Pettys.
The hair on my arms is standing up in excitment for these truly deserving and genuinely good people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kyle Petty Discussions

Search the Kyle Petty Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kurt Busch donates $1 million to Victory Juncti... (May '06) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 16
Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Talk about Kyle Petty (Aug '11) Sep '12 Duh1 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••