Guaranteed spots motivation enough

Guaranteed spots motivation enough

There are 2 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Sep 26, 2007, titled Guaranteed spots motivation enough. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

“That's a reality, and we happen to be one of those teams right now. I owe it to my team, my sponsors and myself to race as hard as I can.”

When Kyle Petty blew his top Sunday at Dover, berating Denny Hamlin and reaching into his car to slap down the youngster's helmet shield, some wondered why the veteran was so angry. via Athens Banner-Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

yukon01

AOL

#1 Sep 27, 2007
i applaud kyle for standing up to denny...denny is so full of himself and such an egotist it is almost laughable...he is turning into another bully..
JR-SR FAN

Raleigh, NC

#2 Sep 27, 2007
I think Denny would have had a major problem Sunday if he had been outside the car when Kyle got there. Instead of slapping Denny's helmet visor down, he probably would have slapped Denny down. Some people take it serious when you go brain dead and run over them and tear up a $200,000 car. What Kyle was trying to accomplish was just as important to him as what Denny was trying to accomplish was to Denny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Petty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kurt Busch donates $1 million to Victory Juncti... (May '06) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 16
News Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
News Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
News Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
News Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
News Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Talk about Kyle Petty (Aug '11) Sep '12 Duh1 3
More from around the web