NASCAR driver Kyle Petty to speak at Junior League of York event in June

There are 6 comments on the Feb 10, 2011, The York Daily Record story titled NASCAR driver Kyle Petty to speak at Junior League of York event in June. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The Junior League of York will present its 23rd annual "In the Spotlight" Speaker Series event, featuring NASCAR driver Kyle Petty on Saturday, June 11, at 6 p.m. at the York Expo Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

just-sayin

Pittston, PA

#1 Feb 10, 2011
retract that Driver statement: "Former Driver"
What

York, PA

#2 Feb 10, 2011
Oh boy, we can wait for that. We AIN'T even athletes.
yep

York, PA

#3 Feb 10, 2011
No he was never a driver. Lived on his dads name! Why didnt they invite him to the soul food deal? Thats right it is because he is"WHITE"!!!!!!!
say what

United States

#4 Feb 11, 2011
Can't not stand him & his braided pony tail
TomF

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#5 Feb 11, 2011
I'm missing something here. President George H.W. Bush, Walter Cronkite, Lady Margaret Thatcher, Gen. Colin Powell, Katie Couric, Sidney Poitier, Oliver North, Her Majesty Queen Noor, Tim Russert, and now Kyle Petty? Could somebody please help me understand this choice? Not being sarcastic - really want to know.
Stay Classy York

York, PA

#6 Feb 14, 2011
It would be nice to see big names but I'm sure due to sponsorship and the economy, they are on a budget. Some of those speakers demand over $100,000 plus travel expenses (some wanting a private plane). Denzel Washington and Will Smith want over $200,000 for an appearance!

I've been attending this Jr League event for years and it is always well put together. Plus all profits are given back to the York community. Even though I am not into NASCAR it will be something new to experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Petty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kurt Busch donates $1 million to Victory Juncti... (May '06) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 16
News Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
News Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
News Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
News Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
News Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Talk about Kyle Petty (Aug '11) Sep '12 Duh1 3
More from around the web