Jimmie and Chandra Johnson

Jimmie and Chandra Johnson

There are 15 comments on the ESPN story from Jul 28, 2008, titled Jimmie and Chandra Johnson. In it, ESPN reports that:

The Tire Graveyard 400 on Sunday was won by Jimmie Johnson for the second time. The event is also known as the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard, but that title hardly seems appropriate in a three-hour, 28-minute ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

Barbara

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2008
Nothing against you Jimmy, glad you won but race (IF YOU COULD CALL IT THAT) was boring, boring boring. Goodyear needs to find a new business cause they suck at tires.
ROWDY AND TOYOTA OH YA

Decatur, GA

#2 Jul 28, 2008
He did not win what is known as a {RACE} What a sham that was and he acted like he really won something, hell there was no race to begin with. I dont see how any one of the drivers could be deemed the winner when they couldnt even race, how stupid is that? Its ok to win, but dang, win racing not on ten lap ride around the track, that folks is not racing, and makes a mockery out of Nascar and JJ!!!
Nascar Fan

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 28, 2008
ROWDY AND TOYOTA OH YA wrote:
He did not win what is known as a {RACE} What a sham that was and he acted like he really won something, hell there was no race to begin with. I dont see how any one of the drivers could be deemed the winner when they couldnt even race, how stupid is that? Its ok to win, but dang, win racing not on ten lap ride around the track, that folks is not racing, and makes a mockery out of Nascar and JJ!!!
Totally agree with you. that was not a race. very very boring. it should have been rescheduled for today or used different tires even if race went into evening.
dad

Baltimore, MD

#4 Jul 28, 2008
They knew this was going to happen friday they should have fix it then!!!
Terry

Skamokawa, WA

#5 Jul 28, 2008
I go along with all that has been said about the race, and the best part is there was no Bush in the picture.
Scott

Clarion, PA

#6 Jul 28, 2008
Race?!?!? What race?!?!? It was a tire management excersize orchestrated by Mr. Helton that kept the same people up front nearly all day long.......... I especially liked how that gave jimmie a very short run at the end because if they had to run 12 laps they knew cousin Carl would catch him.
Junior Nation

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2008
I can't believe you are so bitter over the fact that KB didn't win. All the drivers were facing the same situation and JJ won. JJ had the fastest car all weekend... right of the truck! I don't even like JJ never cared for him or Chad but the 48 won and ran a good FAIR race. Of course this is what one would expect from a fool that divorces her husband because he doesn't like the same driver. There is a difference between being a passionate fan and an insane fan. You choice which one you are.
Jim

Berlin, NH

#8 Jul 29, 2008
So if Sundays race wasn't a "real race" then, Jr. winning on fuel milage isn't really winning.

Or is it the Jr. double standard?

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#9 Jul 29, 2008
Jim wrote:
So if Sundays race wasn't a "real race" then, Jr. winning on fuel milage isn't really winning.
You and your double standards, Yes, Jr winning was real. But you can't call Sunday's race a real race, more like a 400 mile tire test.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#10 Jul 29, 2008
He did win something. The race!
He was the first to cross the finish line therefor it's a win.
The sham part I don't agree with, bizarre, or strange not sham.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#11 Jul 29, 2008
Jim wrote:
I am not sure who your responding to. JN nation stated it is a win. Granny who is not a JR fan said this wasn't a " real race".
figuratively speaking

Kansas City, MO

#12 Jul 29, 2008
I say that Sunday's event was a race - a very boring one, albeit, but a race none the less.

Yes, JJ won and it counts, just like when someone wins due to rain delay or fuel mileage.

All drivers faced the same adversity on Sunday. They all played by the same runs.

There is no need for JJ to hang his head and be embarrassed. Someone had to win and given the fact that he had the fastest car all weekend, I am satisfied with it.

Don't get me wrong, it was not a fun race to watch. In fact, it was painful. If there is any "head hanging" to do over this, it should be Goodyear for not having the right tire and NASCAR for not knowing that it would happen. There are some high paid engineers in both camps that should have seen this coming. And there are some high paid organizers who should have demanded something be done before the race ever started.
Junior Nation

United States

#13 Jul 29, 2008
Once again Lisa using other peoples thoughts. Geez can't you think for yourself? You must have an IQ of about 30.
Junior Nation

United States

#14 Jul 29, 2008
figuratively speaking wrote:
I say that Sunday's event was a race - a very boring one, albeit, but a race none the less.
Yes, JJ won and it counts, just like when someone wins due to rain delay or fuel mileage.
All drivers faced the same adversity on Sunday. They all played by the same runs.
There is no need for JJ to hang his head and be embarrassed. Someone had to win and given the fact that he had the fastest car all weekend, I am satisfied with it.
Don't get me wrong, it was not a fun race to watch. In fact, it was painful. If there is any "head hanging" to do over this, it should be Goodyear for not having the right tire and NASCAR for not knowing that it would happen. There are some high paid engineers in both camps that should have seen this coming. And there are some high paid organizers who should have demanded something be done before the race ever started.
You're correct it was a race, a BORING race. But it was a race. This isn't the 1st race this year that has been a desaster, remember Fontana? That was just as bad.

JJ had the car to beat and was able to climb the adversity mountain a bit better than any of the other drivers.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#15 Jul 29, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
Once again Lisa using other peoples thoughts. Geez can't you think for yourself? You must have an IQ of about 30.
Yes I can. I am not using other people's thoughts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Busch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? (May '14) Feb '16 Fart news 23
News NASCAR reinstates Kurt Busch; grants him waiver... (Mar '15) Mar '15 stewart scott 9
News What Hillary Clinton Said About Email in 2000 (Mar '15) Mar '15 Hughes Muse 2
News Stewart says team has plan in place should lega... (Feb '15) Mar '15 NASCAR Insider 9
News NASCAR driver accused of abuse says ex is train... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Dave 1
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kurtfann41 1
More from around the web