Chase field decided; NASCAR issues still remain

Sep 8, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ESPN

The last race of NASCAR's regular season is intended to decide the 12-driver Chase for the championship field.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Sep 8, 2008
KaseysPrincess

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Judged:

I really wish I could complain about this part: But when Kasey Kahne failed to make the Chase with a poor Sunday run at Richmond, it created a troubling picture of the current state of the series. Kahne is a two-time race winner this season, and for those counting at home, that's two more wins than five of the Chase drivers have this year.

Of course, he and his No. 9 team can only blame themselves -- and consecutive 40th-place finishes leading into Richmond -- for their late summer collapse. But the issue could be deeper than that.

1) it was a poor run not cause Kasey's car... everytime he would start making up spots David Gilliland would block him in the pits. Kasey tried pitting every different way he could but every single time David would pit so that he was blocking Kasey.

2) How are they suppose to blame themselves for the 40th place finishes? First was an engine failure.. that would happen to anyone its the first one for GEM since February of 2007. The second 40th place was Casey Mears spotters fault. Kasey had no where to go and would have avoided it if he was not hit from behind.

Since: Mar 08

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Judged:

I think it also shows how competitive the series is and the drivers in the top are only getting better and better.

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

KaseysPrincess wrote:
First was an engine failure.. that would happen to anyone its the first one for GEM since February of 2007.
Actually, no. Elliott's had an engine problem this year at Phoenix. Patrick's had two...back to back at Darlington and Lowe's.

In 2007, Kasey lost one at Fontana. Scott at Atlanta, and Daytona (summer).

But it was the first engine failure for KASEY since Feb. 2007!

Sorry if I make you mad, but I just thought I'd correct you!:)
KaseysPrincess

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

thats what I meant lol
Kahne supporter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Judged:

We should be supporting and congratulating Kasey for a great year he has had; yes it is disappointing he is not in the chase; those two DNF's hurt him. But two wins and the win the in all star race are fabulous since he had a horrible year last year; great gains have been made. I think what hurt him too and I was concerned earlier in the year that he was getting top 10 finishes but couldn't turn some of those finishes into top five finishes and he didn't lead laps in alot of races. So he missed valuable points there. GEM overall is improving and Kasey has said interviews he is still trying to figure out this new car. It says something too that no Dodge in in the chase-I wonder how supportive the manufacturer is in their Nascar racing program, but times are tough too for the auto industry. Dodges on the most part are behind the other three car makers. Dodge is getting out of the truck series too. Sometimes I think Kasey would run better if he was in a Chevy or Toyota. Well I had to get this off my chest. Kasey can only move forward and experiment with the new Dodge engine and prepare for 2009. I hope he can get a couple of wins before the end of the season to gear up the momentum for 2009.
BuschBob

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Judged:

I am sorry that Kasey didnt get in to. He is such a great guy and driver, and I was hoping he would go with JGR, they are a young guy team now that Tony is leaving, and we know that JGR gives his drivers the best! Cheer up, Kasey is a good guy, and very nice to, and he will win a championship yet! At least he did win a couple, more than some of the top drivers can say!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••