Jimmie Johnson could miss the Chase

Jimmie Johnson could miss the Chase

There are 28 comments on the blog.mlive.com story from Mar 30, 2008, titled Jimmie Johnson could miss the Chase. In it, blog.mlive.com reports that:

Categories: NASCAR Sprint Cup AP Photo It's early in the season, but both Jimmie Johnson, left, and Jeff Gordon are on the outside looking in to the top 12 of the NASCAR points standings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.mlive.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Sterling, IL

#1 Mar 30, 2008
A little presumptuous isn't this? I guess it's possible but to early to tell really.
christy88

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
A little presumptuous isn't this? I guess it's possible but to early to tell really.
Hey I never got my email from you
Rich Snob

Louisville, KY

#3 Mar 30, 2008
The cream will rise to top when it's all said and done.Johnson and Gordon will be there

Sterling, IL

#4 Mar 30, 2008
christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I never got my email from you
I know I ws sending you a link but it's removed so I don't have to now! I'll tell you on the chat later 10 pm chat.
WWE NASCAR

Trumbull, CT

#5 Mar 30, 2008
HMS needs to stop wasting too much resources on Jr Earnhardt, and concentrate more on Gordon and Johnson; superior drivers who have a better chance at winning the cup. Like Dave Despain said, HMS will make plenty of money on Jr even if he continues his non-winning ways.
speedy

AOL

#6 Mar 30, 2008
GORDON ISNT WINNING BECAUUSE CHAD AND HENDRICK ARE CONSERTRATING ON J.J. WHO CANT WIN WITHOUTCHAD CHEATING I THINK NASCAR IS FINALLY POST RACE TECHING SOME CARS EVERY OUTHER GROUP TEARS DOWN THE FIRST 5 JUST TO KEEP THEM HONEST WE USED TO USE THE DYNO .TO SEE HOW FAR WE COULD GO.THEY DONT EVEN DO THAT AT EVERY TRACK.SO PEOPLE CHEAT!!!
wakeup brian and put down that drink
speedy

AOL

#7 Mar 30, 2008
last nite indy had a real race. theywere greatthe firestone tires are great!!!nascar better start watching out . for indy cars taking ,fans back.i know i really enjoyed it .
Jimmy48

Providence, RI

#8 Mar 30, 2008
speedy wrote:
GORDON ISNT WINNING BECAUUSE CHAD AND HENDRICK ARE CONSERTRATING ON J.J. WHO CANT WIN WITHOUTCHAD CHEATING I THINK NASCAR IS FINALLY POST RACE TECHING SOME CARS EVERY OUTHER GROUP TEARS DOWN THE FIRST 5 JUST TO KEEP THEM HONEST WE USED TO USE THE DYNO .TO SEE HOW FAR WE COULD GO.THEY DONT EVEN DO THAT AT EVERY TRACK.SO PEOPLE CHEAT!!!
wake up Brian and put down that drink
Um you don't know much about nascar or you'd know that Chad is Jimmies crew chief not Jeff Gordon's. Chad has nothing to do with the 24 set up pal. Maybe you should put down the drink.
Junior Nation

Orlando, FL

#9 Mar 30, 2008
Jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Um you don't know much about nascar or you'd know that Chad is Jimmies crew chief not Jeff Gordon's. Chad has nothing to do with the 24 set up pal. Maybe you should put down the drink.
All 4 HMS boys did great today. All in the top 10. JJ & JG are in the top 10. There will be at least 3 of them in the chase!!

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#10 Mar 30, 2008
I wouldn't bet on that!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#11 Mar 31, 2008
HA HA HA HA! All of you silly people talking about Gordon and Johnson being in a slump and not making the chase and HMS in trouble. How do you like the way the top twelve looks now. Four cars in the top seven yesterday doesn't seem like much of a problem to me. They are marching to the front. I expect Jeff, Jimmie and Jr. to be the lead three in points by Memorial Day with Casey in the top 15. Don't forget folks, Jimmie is the king at Lowes Motorspeedway. You can expect more of what you saw yesterday. HMS hasn't gone anywhere, they're still the cream of the crop only the cream is a little thicker with Jr. in the house.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 Mar 31, 2008
I dont think that HMS is wasting any resources on Jr. Jr has just drove VERY conservative and put the car in the top ten 5 outta 6 times. Look at the last 40 laps of yesterday's race. you saw people taking chances and some paid off, some didnt. It appears, to me at least, that junior's #1 priority is making the chase, not gunning for a win.

I's say that Jr has a really good shot at winning at texas.
WWE NASCAR wrote:
HMS needs to stop wasting too much resources on Jr Earnhardt, and concentrate more on Gordon and Johnson; superior drivers who have a better chance at winning the cup. Like Dave Despain said, HMS will make plenty of money on Jr even if he continues his non-winning ways.
A Better Tomorrow

Jamestown, KY

#13 Mar 31, 2008
speedy wrote:
last nite indy had a real race. theywere greatthe firestone tires are great!!!nascar better start watching out . for indy cars taking ,fans back.i know i really enjoyed it .
Come on over and join us in Nascar. You might have trouble finding a seat, but someone will move over and make room. Finding a seat at the Indy car race wasn't a problem though. Did they sell tickets or just bus people from all the Senior Centers in a 100 mile radius? Seriously, NO ONE was there!!

Want to see a real race, come to Indy [this summer that is].
Whoyakidding

Cary, NC

#14 Mar 31, 2008
On a day so nasty the chopper that was suppose to fly in the Grand Marshall couldn't fly, the stands was still pretty much full. Congratulations to Denny. The kid put himself in the right place at the right time and had saved his car enough to hold everyone off those few laps. Had there been another couple of laps he would have finished second again, but woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't pay any points. I think HMS showed the world that they hadn't gone anywhere. HMS is still the force to be reconned with in CUP.
Junior Nation

Orlando, FL

#15 Mar 31, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
On a day so nasty the chopper that was suppose to fly in the Grand Marshall couldn't fly, the stands was still pretty much full. Congratulations to Denny. The kid put himself in the right place at the right time and had saved his car enough to hold everyone off those few laps. Had there been another couple of laps he would have finished second again, but woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't pay any points. I think HMS showed the world that they hadn't gone anywhere. HMS is still the force to be reconned with in CUP.
Not too bad at all. JG gets caught up in a wreck and finishes 2nd. JJ gets spun around and comes back to finish 4th. Jr starts 22nd which at Martinsville is not good...ends up leading the most laps and finishing 6th. CM starts what 38/39?? and ends up finishing 7th. I say that's a pretty good day for HMS.

Texas is a good track for them too.. I say watch for them all to run up front there too.

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#16 Mar 31, 2008
Jimmie may have had a not so good beginning, but watch and see him come on strong. He gains all his momentum towards the end. Chad is no fool, he can always go back to last years set ups. I think they will both have a spot in the chase along with Junior. They have shaken the mud off their shoes and now have come to play.
I don't think they are doing so bad, it's just that all the other teams have learned more and they are all doing well.
It's funny.... Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Many complained last year when Hendrick dominated, and now this year we're seeing the same thing, but for the opposite reasons. Make up your mind people. This is what so many of you wanted, roll with it!
The writers must be getting desperate to have to look for such trivial things to write about.
kiltie19

Calgary, Canada

#17 Mar 31, 2008
I thought it was a great day of racing for the HMS boy's. Well Done!! Too bad Ryan Newman spun Jimmie around but he did great coming back in 4th. I bet all the haters were having fits. As for me I loved it!

Go Jimmie!

Sterling, IL

#18 Mar 31, 2008
A Better Tomorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on over and join us in Nascar. You might have trouble finding a seat, but someone will move over and make room. Finding a seat at the Indy car race wasn't a problem though. Did they sell tickets or just bus people from all the Senior Centers in a 100 mile radius? Seriously, NO ONE was there!!
Want to see a real race, come to Indy [this summer that is].
OMG you're lonely!
Duh! A better tomorrow must invent things to sound cool, no wait you're a professional troll this is your life, sad!

Sterling, IL

#19 Mar 31, 2008
Tamara24 wrote:
Jimmie may have had a not so good beginning, but watch and see him come on strong. He gains all his momentum towards the end. Chad is no fool, he can always go back to last years set ups. I think they will both have a spot in the chase along with Junior. They have shaken the mud off their shoes and now have come to play.
I don't think they are doing so bad, it's just that all the other teams have learned more and they are all doing well.
It's funny.... Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Many complained last year when Hendrick dominated, and now this year we're seeing the same thing, but for the opposite reasons. Make up your mind people. This is what so many of you wanted, roll with it!
The writers must be getting desperate to have to look for such trivial things to write about.
The only reason the trolls saying crap is "it" knows they rock! Trolls are negative in every way! Jealous of tracks, drivers, cars, normal people, just losers lost in time they are. He he. Karma will get em, then remember to laugh your butt off no sympathy, lol.

Sterling, IL

#20 Mar 31, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
HA HA HA HA! All of you silly people talking about Gordon and Johnson being in a slump and not making the chase and HMS in trouble. How do you like the way the top twelve looks now. Four cars in the top seven yesterday doesn't seem like much of a problem to me. They are marching to the front. I expect Jeff, Jimmie and Jr. to be the lead three in points by Memorial Day with Casey in the top 15. Don't forget folks, Jimmie is the king at Lowes Motorspeedway. You can expect more of what you saw yesterday. HMS hasn't gone anywhere, they're still the cream of the crop only the cream is a little thicker with Jr. in the house.
I'd like to know where "their" driver finished yesterday, wait they don't have drivers they don't even like Nascar just common nuisances.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Busch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR reinstates Kurt Busch; grants him waiver... Mar '15 stewart scott 9
News What Hillary Clinton Said About Email in 2000 Mar '15 Hughes Muse 2
News Stewart says team has plan in place should lega... Mar '15 NASCAR Insider 9
News NASCAR driver accused of abuse says ex is train... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Dave 1
News Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? (May '14) May '14 flatt 13
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kurtfann41 1
More from around the web