NASCAR: Now That Tony's Going, Will The Fans?

Aug 3, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Every year during the silly NASCAR season, there's a shuffle of sponsors, crew members and drivers.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 08

Huntington IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Sure the fans will follow Tony to his car 14. GoTony

“smoke”

Since: Dec 07

Life is short, be nice!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

No Brainer, Hell ya!

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

It just gives me another 2 teams to root for against Jeff and Jimmie!!! Go other 41!!!!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Uhhh yeah!

“Go Tony!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Bear, De

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Me too!
GrapeStomper

Jackson St Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Depends on how well he can sell his package AND, what's in it he is offering me. Afterall it is my precious time, and my dime. So first, I need the package and then I'll open it up and give it some time. You know play with it alittle and then go from there. If I like it there is no baring any false witness with me. Everyone Knows, and proud to play with it.
Make no mistake though - I love Zippy and that crew for all the wonderful entertainment they brought me through the years. That is a package I keep close to heart, and always will. So eyes wide open - next years it's here we go (again). Another few chapters he writes, and we get to read. Hope he makes it intersting -
Not a chance

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

He's in perfect machinary now and can't win, why would I follow him? It's over for him. He'll end up like Kyle Petty racing until he looks so bad people make fun of him.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Perfect machinery, sure. But he's had some bad luck lately so we'll see won't we. Can't quite give up on him yet.

“smoke”

Since: Dec 07

Life is short, be nice!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Perhaps Tony really won't care if a few of the so called fans, fall off the wagon when it hits a bump! Opps don"t let the lead horse kick on the way out!

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

gosh, let me see, why has Tony not won yet this season? does anyone remember the bad luck that took several wins away? that has not a thing to do with machinery.. geesh.. Zippy said that this car today was junk when the race started, they adjusted it all day long and Tony drove it really well,,., Tony is a GREAT driver... he likes to win by racing,,, and that is admirable since if it wasn't Kyle or Carl, it was a strategic win and that kind SUCKS!!!
I will follow Tony and if he does not get the press he deserves as a new team owner, I hope he makes his own headlines so we continue to get enough of him!
Legal20Fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

If someone is a Tony Stewart fan, why wouldn't they follow him? I followed him in dirt, IRL and now NASCAR. Why end it all now?

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Legal20Fan wrote:
If someone is a Tony Stewart fan, why wouldn't they follow him? I followed him in dirt, IRL and now NASCAR. Why end it all now?
That's right!!!!!!!!! True fans follow no matter what. Come on there are Bobby Labonte fans out there, Kyle Petty fans. These guys don't win all of the time or at all but it's about the racing and the driver, not about the win count.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

I will follow Tony no matter what. I will always be his fan.

Since: Jul 08

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

I will follow Tony no matter what happens in his career next season and in the future. I'm a fan for life!

“Life is good...”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

I'm a Tony Stewart fan, not a JGR fan. Racing teams aren't like baseball or football teams.
Holy Handgrenade

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

GrapeStomper wrote:
Depends on how well he can sell his package AND, what's in it he is offering me. Afterall it is my precious time, and my dime. So first, I need the package and then I'll open it up and give it some time. You know play with it alittle and then go from there. If I like it there is no baring any false witness with me. Everyone Knows, and proud to play with it.
Make no mistake though - I love Zippy and that crew for all the wonderful entertainment they brought me through the years. That is a package I keep close to heart, and always will. So eyes wide open - next years it's here we go (again). Another few chapters he writes, and we get to read. Hope he makes it intersting -
Ummmmm..you keep referring to playing with Tony's "Package"...

/It's OK, Sugarplum, your secret is safe with us...

“Water Lizzard”

Since: Aug 08

Sonoma county

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

when good, you never put it down. It's everyday, you can't get enough of it. What can one says. He has been absoultely wonderful to watch all these years. A wonderful escape into entertainment, and his race for win will be no different come next year. He loves racing. So do I. When it's something good, the desire to shout it out. Oh Tony....(words on some dumb screen) just comes easy. But no doubt, the pressures for him are going to mount. So I'll wait and see if tony with the new hat can still bring it. That's all I'm saying.

No playing with loaded packages, bombs or explosives here.

FYI: comment made me smile - thank you sugarplum. from a Plumb picker. Here's your yankee dime - take it!

“That's Mrs. Stewart to you! ;)”

Since: Mar 08

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Hell yes! Always and forever a Tony Stewart fan, baby!!!

I don't care what he drives, or who he drives it for, he's my man!:D

I mean, I'm 100% chevy girl, and I had to cheer for a Toyota... I've stuck with him all this time(since his rookie season), SOOO I'm in it for the LONG haul.

And I don't feel like, you can claim to have EVER been his fan... if you feel otherwise. JMO.

“Writer Lady”

Since: Feb 07

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Like Susie said, I'm a Tony Stewart fan, not a JGR fan. Doesn't really matter to me which team he's on. And hey, I like the number 14, and I look horrible in orange anyway, LOL!
the great white 1

Carlinville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Glad to see Tony going back to Chevy!!! Can't believe he even considered driving Toyota..I will definitely be supporting him!!!Go Tony!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••