Kirk Shelmerdine's Fire Sale Symbolic...

Kirk Shelmerdine's Fire Sale Symbolic of Death of NASCAR Independents

There are 4 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 28, 2010, titled Kirk Shelmerdine's Fire Sale Symbolic of Death of NASCAR Independents. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

There is nothing sadder than the death of a race dream, symbolized by the fire sale just announced to liquidate the race assets of Kirk Shelmerdine, the former crew chief and Cup competitor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#1 Aug 28, 2010
I wonder if the inbred hicks that run NA$CRAP will fine Shelmerdine for holding a fire sale? I mean, there must be some idiotic NA$CRAP rule that says he should be docked at least 200 owner points for this infraction. If not, NA$CRAP can simply make up a penalty (like they usually do) and demand that Shelmerdine's children pay the fine since Kirk is broke.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#2 Aug 30, 2010
The title of this thread should simply be

"Kirk Shelmerdine's Fire Sale Symbolic of Death of NA$CAR"

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Aug 31, 2010
Shelmerdine is going to sell off the residue of his team for pennies on the dollar because the real value of a race team is virtually nothing. Any real estate involved is going to be the only thing worth anything. This situation exists because NASCAR is too stupid to realize that franchising is the only way to give value to the teams and provide a future for the sport. With franchising the strangle hold that the mega teams have can be broken because new people will be interested in coming into the sport once they know by buying a franchise they will be in the race every week. Sponsors will be easier to obtain because with franchising their logo will be there every week. Where would the other major sports be without franchising?
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#4 Aug 31, 2010
burn baby burn...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kirk Shelmerdine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medical Update on Kyle Roland, Jackman for Mayf... (Mar '09) May '10 Hey 8
News Hendrick Motorsportsa Dale Earnhardt Jr. learni... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Jr Rocks 58
News Years of frustration finally added up to Earnha... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Nevada 2
News NASCAR vs the Federal Election Commision (Dec '06) Jan '07 1badmk8 3
News Former Dale Earnhardt Crew Chief Rebuked for Bu... (Dec '06) Dec '06 jack click vidor tx 1
You deserved it Apr '06 Harry Hodges 1
kirk shelmerdine Feb '06 alec herbst 1