Penske bristles at 'petty' barbs at Logano

Full story: ESPN

Joey Logano discusses wrecking on the final lap and getting into a fight with Tony Stewart at the NSCS at California.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
AKWOLF

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Totally agree with Roger, Joey is an excellent driver with a great future and the Tony Stuarts of the world need to move over and accept that. Joey did nothing more than tony has done numerous times in the last fifteen years, actually causing some serious wrecks in the process; review the films. I have been watching Nascar since before Tony was born and he is the one that needs to grow up and apologize to Joey.

Joey, don't change your ways or who you are.... just DRIVE!!
bubbba

Spring Lake, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

AKWOLF wrote:
Totally agree with Roger, Joey is an excellent driver with a great future and the Tony Stuarts of the world need to move over and accept that. Joey did nothing more than tony has done numerous times in the last fifteen years, actually causing some serious wrecks in the process; review the films. I have been watching Nascar since before Tony was born and he is the one that needs to grow up and apologize to Joey.
Joey, don't change your ways or who you are.... just DRIVE!!
If he is a excellent driver then he meant to wreck (and could have meant) to hurt Hamlin, if he didn,t mean to wreck him then he is not a excellent driver. You, Penski ,their sponsors and Logano can not have it both ways, which is it?
What a Joke

Mill Creek, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

One of the greatest drivers ever to race? He's won two races in four years in Cup and one of those was a gimme race win. That is not the stats of a NASCAR legend.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

5

1

1

AKWOLF wrote:
Totally agree with Roger, Joey is an excellent driver with a great future and the Tony Stuarts of the world need to move over and accept that. Joey did nothing more than tony has done numerous times in the last fifteen years, actually causing some serious wrecks in the process; review the films. I have been watching Nascar since before Tony was born and he is the one that needs to grow up and apologize to Joey.
Joey, don't change your ways or who you are.... just DRIVE!!
Penske and Logano both had rich daddys buying their way through life. Penske is 76 and has had a respectable career in racing, but if he honestly thinks Logano is going to be one of the greatest drivers to ever race, he's also got a career as a stand up comic.

And you have either not been a race fan long, or you are quite immature, to misspell 3-time champion TONY STEWART's name who really is going down in the history books as one of racing's greatest drivers.

Tony speaks his mind, and other drivers agree. Kasey Kahne tweeted last night about Tony's "awesome interview. I think he said it all." Sounds like Logano better watch his back.
48 SUCKS

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

AKWOLF wrote:
Totally agree with Roger, Joey is an excellent driver with a great future and the Tony Stuarts of the world need to move over and accept that. Joey did nothing more than tony has done numerous times in the last fifteen years, actually causing some serious wrecks in the process; review the films. I have been watching Nascar since before Tony was born and he is the one that needs to grow up and apologize to Joey.
Joey, don't change your ways or who you are.... just DRIVE!!
so, you think Joey had the right to be half throttle which he admitted on that restart???? are you aware that Joey admitted that??? do you realize how LUCKY Joey is that Tony did not wreck him even accidentally????????? bonehead move Joey
48 SUCKS

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 25, 2013
 
IF Tony had WRECKED Joey exactly the SAME as Denny did last week...... what would you say about Joey's driving skills THEN????

Since: Feb 12

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tony has never made good on any of his threats to dump a driver . He has threatened to dump Rutto , Vickers , Gordon, Matt K. & NOW JL. And this all took place in the last 5 yrs. Since Smoke witness the death of Dale Sr. Plus admits to watching the wreck over & over again. It changed him . I do not care who Smoke has wrecked since 2001.You can hear nothing but pure emotion in his voice . Many times you can hear his voice brake down . More IMPORTANTLY go back & look at the emotion on Tony's face after the wreck this yr at the end of the NW race at Daytona. He was visibly sick . I do not think anyone on here other then Smokes Mother ( Who admitted at the time the whole family was worried about Smoke because fell into a Deep Depression.) Sr death changed Smoke forever. After all Smoke has stated Sr was like a 2nd father. Tony Vs JL is over with.

Since: Feb 12

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

48 SUCKS wrote:
<quoted text>so, you think Joey had the right to be half throttle which he admitted on that restart???? are you aware that Joey admitted that??? do you realize how LUCKY Joey is that Tony did not wreck him even accidentally????????? bonehead move Joey
I have watched & rewatched The end of the race . No where did JL say he was running 1/2 throttle. This is one race I will have to copy & save.
GO TONY GO

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Yes JL did say in a televised interview right after the race he started half throttle
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What a Joke wrote:
One of the greatest drivers ever to race? He's won two races in four years in Cup and one of those was a gimme race win. That is not the stats of a NASCAR legend.
It is if your last name is Earnhardt.
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What a Joke wrote:
One of the greatest drivers ever to race? He's won two races in four years in Cup and one of those was a gimme race win. That is not the stats of a NASCAR legend.
and who else has won 2 races in 4 years in cup , oh yea Jr.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 26, 2013
 
WWE CRASHCAR 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is if your last name is Earnhardt.
Ouch!
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
and who else has won 2 races in 4 years in cup , oh yea Jr.
We
still have drivers who have won nothing in 4 yrs.
izzie

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The trolls just cannot help themselves they have to bring Dale Jr into every post!! Sure is amazing how much they love Dale Jr!!! Enough said!!
Tell the whole story

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

48 SUCKS wrote:
<quoted text>so, you think Joey had the right to be half throttle which he admitted on that restart???? are you aware that Joey admitted that??? do you realize how LUCKY Joey is that Tony did not wreck him even accidentally????????? bonehead move Joey
You're as bad as the media by editing parts of a sentence out to make it come out the way you want. Joey said he wasn't full throttle on the restart because he couldn't pass Kyle (the leader) to the line. Kyle is one of the best at restarts and he knows exactly how to play it to try to throw the other line off.

The block he pulled on Tony was nothing different than the blocks Tony and all the other drivers pull on restarts. It's more and more frequent that the 3rd place car holds back a bit on restarts trying to get a run to pass below the line. This is fine but they should expect to be blocked. They all do it!

Tony was wrong and this coming from a huge Smoke fan!
Dizzie Izzie

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 26, 2013
 
izzie wrote:
The trolls just cannot help themselves they have to bring Dale Jr into every post!! Sure is amazing how much they love Dale Jr!!! Enough said!!
I guess you don't watch much NASCAR.
Mary

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Of course Penske is going to defend Logano... HE DRIVES FOR HIM!!!!!

He isn't like Brad Keselwoski who speaks his own mind, even if it is something negative about a teammate.
manic 2

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tell the whole story wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as bad as the media by editing parts of a sentence out to make it come out the way you want. Joey said he wasn't full throttle on the restart because he couldn't pass Kyle (the leader) to the line. Kyle is one of the best at restarts and he knows exactly how to play it to try to throw the other line off.
The block he pulled on Tony was nothing different than the blocks Tony and all the other drivers pull on restarts. It's more and more frequent that the 3rd place car holds back a bit on restarts trying to get a run to pass below the line. This is fine but they should expect to be blocked. They all do it!
Tony was wrong and this coming from a huge Smoke fan!
Thanks I thought I was the only person who heard this.
jwhitlow

Bessemer City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Tony needs to look back at talladega last fall and then retire because he is an idiot

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Joy was the prettiest little girl in Sprint Cup till Danica came along!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••