Tony Stewart makes late move to win at Daytona

Jul 7, 2012 Full story: Buffalo News 70

Tony Stewart emerged the winner, charging past Daytona 500 winner Matt Kenseth on the last lap and holding on as the challengers stacked up behind him Saturday night in one of Daytona's trademark wrecks.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
SgmGDH

Four Oaks, NC

#1 Jul 7, 2012
As usual, 150 boring laps, actually 160. The green white checker was the best part of the race. Unfortunately we have decided Daytona & Talledega are much cheaper to watch @ home. It was an exciting finish and we were glad to see Tony win.The after race fireworks were the best I have seen since the Great Circus Parade up in Milwaukee.
smoke fan

United States

#2 Jul 8, 2012
did the reporter miss the FACT that Tony led quite a few laps before that last caution?????
smoke fan

United States

#3 Jul 8, 2012
it is very interesting that the reporter missed the last 3rd of the race in which Tony led every single lap until that last caution.... very interesting
Taz

Kansas City, MO

#4 Jul 8, 2012
Did Kayne actually finish 7th?
Helen Bach

Czech Republic

#5 Jul 8, 2012
Well, Kasey DID help Tony win! Wonder how they celebrated?
Diggity Diggity

Winchester, VA

#6 Jul 8, 2012
Kenseth had the car to beat, led the most laps, sat on the pole, and got robbed of a victory sweep. Having said that glad to see Hendrick Power go to victory lane but not happy that it was Fat Tony. Somebody check his car! Coming from 42nd to 1st he HAD to be "cheating". It's not like he ever does well @ the summer Daytona races. ;p The Punt Artist sure were out in full form last night auditioning for the Carolina Panthers. Those Tap Dancer wearing Tutu drivers got ahold of 5x as well as others. JJ, trying to pit waved his hand to signal and Truex Jr. was, as usual not paying attention, daydreaming about Danica in a two-piece. Damn, JJ was really killing those restricter plate races this year too I thought. ;P

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#7 Jul 8, 2012
Diggity Diggity wrote:
Kenseth had the car to beat, led the most laps, sat on the pole, and got robbed of a victory sweep. Having said that glad to see Hendrick Power go to victory lane but not happy that it was Fat Tony. Somebody check his car! Coming from 42nd to 1st he HAD to be "cheating". It's not like he ever does well @ the summer Daytona races. ;p The Punt Artist sure were out in full form last night auditioning for the Carolina Panthers. Those Tap Dancer wearing Tutu drivers got ahold of 5x as well as others. JJ, trying to pit waved his hand to signal and Truex Jr. was, as usual not paying attention, daydreaming about Danica in a two-piece. Damn, JJ was really killing those restricter plate races this year too I thought. ;P
You Say Tony Cheats yet Chad and Jimmie have gotten caught several times. Save the BS.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#8 Jul 8, 2012
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You Say Tony Cheats yet Chad and Jimmie have gotten caught several times. Save the BS.
I think I know who that poster is who is defending JJ and Chad, as usual. One guess. People just can't get it through their thick skulls that JJ and Chad are the worst cheaters in Nascar. Sure, they might all cheat at some point, but not to the extent that JJ and Chad do. They just thumb their noses at Nascar, knowing Nascar treads lightly when it comes to that pair.(of cheaters, I might add)
duh huh

Vienna, VA

#9 Jul 9, 2012
Right again there Girl Wonder. People have thick skulls? Your one guess is up. They will not stop @ trying to get a leg up on the competition. So it seems JJ and Chad "cheat" all the time. They also win all the time and have 5 championships in a row. Anybody ? The Dinger about taking illegal drugs???
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#10 Jul 9, 2012
duh huh wrote:
Right again there Girl Wonder. People have thick skulls? Your one guess is up. They will not stop @ trying to get a leg up on the competition. So it seems JJ and Chad "cheat" all the time. They also win all the time and have 5 championships in a row. Anybody ? The Dinger about taking illegal drugs???
Yep. They cheat; they win. Enough said.
smoke fan

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jul 9, 2012
Diggity Diggity wrote:
Kenseth had the car to beat, led the most laps, sat on the pole, and got robbed of a victory sweep. Having said that glad to see Hendrick Power go to victory lane but not happy that it was Fat Tony. Somebody check his car! Coming from 42nd to 1st he HAD to be "cheating". It's not like he ever does well @ the summer Daytona races. ;p The Punt Artist sure were out in full form last night auditioning for the Carolina Panthers. Those Tap Dancer wearing Tutu . drivers got ahold of 5x as well as others. JJ, trying to pit waved his hand to signal and Truex Jr. was, as usual not paying attention, daydreaming about Danica in a two-piece. Damn, JJ was really killing those restricter plate races this year too I thought. ;P
actually, since Matt went into the pits but did not stop like his teamate Biff,, Biff is the one who got robbed of his up front position.. If you know restrictor plate racing,, the leader for the last 3 laps generally does NOT win.. Tony did an AMAZING job. Tony has actually won quite a few of the July Daytona races..
smoke fan

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jul 9, 2012
as for dinger,, can we wait to get facts first??? Penske is standing behind him, Walmendinger racing is standing behind him.. who knows?
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#13 Jul 10, 2012
duh huh wrote:
Right again there Girl Wonder. People have thick skulls? Your one guess is up. They will not stop @ trying to get a leg up on the competition. So it seems JJ and Chad "cheat" all the time. They also win all the time and have 5 championships in a row. Anybody ? The Dinger about taking illegal drugs???
All nastiness aside, have you heard from Granny? Did I read somewhere on this forum that her grandson was killed in the war? Nothing else was posted about it. Hope she is doing okay.
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Jul 10, 2012
smoke fan wrote:
<quoted text>actually, since Matt went into the pits but did not stop like his teamate Biff,, Biff is the one who got robbed of his up front position.. If you know restrictor plate racing,, the leader for the last 3 laps generally does NOT win.. Tony did an AMAZING job. Tony has actually won quite a few of the July Daytona races..
He's won four of the last eight.
Diggity Diggity

Winchester, VA

#15 Jul 11, 2012
Diggity Diggity wrote:
Kenseth had the car to beat, led the most laps, sat on the pole, and got robbed of a victory sweep. Having said that glad to see Hendrick Power go to victory lane but not happy that it was Fat Tony. Somebody check his car! Coming from 42nd to 1st he HAD to be "cheating". It's not like he ever does well @ the summer Daytona races. ;p The Punt Artist sure were out in full form last night auditioning for the Carolina Panthers. Those Tap Dancer wearing Tutu drivers got ahold of 5x as well as others. JJ, trying to pit waved his hand to signal and Truex Jr. was, as usual not paying attention, daydreaming about Danica in a two-piece. Damn, JJ was really killing those restricter plate races this year too I thought. ;P
Well I was right, people. Fat Tony WAS CHEATING!!!! Failed post inspection and docked 6 points. Gee, I was kidding when I said he HAD to be cheating coming from 42nd to 1st to win but didn't think he would be found GUILTY of it. BAAAHHH!!!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 11, 2012
Diggity Diggity wrote:
<quoted text>Well I was right, people. Fat Tony WAS CHEATING!!!! Failed post inspection and docked 6 points. Gee, I was kidding when I said he HAD to be cheating coming from 42nd to 1st to win but didn't think he would be found GUILTY of it. BAAAHHH!!!
Yet Cheating Chad is the biggest cheater of them all.
duh huh

Vienna, VA

#17 Jul 11, 2012
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Cheating Chad is the biggest cheater of them all.
Save the BS. Your boy cheated. Saying JJ and Chad are the biggest "cheaters" of them all doesn't fly with me anymore.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#18 Jul 11, 2012
duh huh wrote:
<quoted text>Save the BS. Your boy cheated. Saying JJ and Chad are the biggest "cheaters" of them all doesn't fly with me anymore.
How the heck did he cheat when he had a mistake on his car? Face it, JJ and Chad are the biggest cheats
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

#19 Jul 11, 2012
Diggity Diggity wrote:
<quoted text>Well I was right, people. Fat Tony WAS CHEATING!!!! Failed post inspection and docked 6 points. Gee, I was kidding when I said he HAD to be cheating coming from 42nd to 1st to win but didn't think he would be found GUILTY of it. BAAAHHH!!!
Just to make things clear, it was a post qualifying inspection that he was penalized for. There was no post race infraction.
duh huh

Vienna, VA

#20 Jul 12, 2012
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>Just to make things clear, it was a post qualifying inspection that he was penalized for. There was no post race infraction.
That's even worse. I'd watch Fat Tony from now on. He now has to cheat to keep up with the competition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Harvick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward's Aunt Says Tony Stewart Grand Jury Put 'W... 13 hr WWE CRASHCAR 2014 2
Kevin Ward's No. 13 car races one last time Sep 20 Manic 2 21
Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... Sep 15 john 1
Tony Stewart on Atlanta entry list Sep 6 WWE 74
Tony Stewart roller coaster of emotions about n... Aug 31 Armadillo 17
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Aug '14 Manic 2 39
NASCAR statement on Stewart news Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 20

Kevin Harvick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE