Penalties for 10 teams after Daytona

Penalties for 10 teams after Daytona

There are 56 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 20, 2008, titled Penalties for 10 teams after Daytona. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Robby Gordon was docked 100 points and his crew chief was suspended for six races and fined $100,000 as NASCAR penalized 10 teams in its three national series for infractions found at Daytona International ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Fairfax, VA

#42 Feb 22, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree with Dennis that the sport died when Dale did and you seem to have a problem with the decals (sponsors).
I would say that you just proved how little you do know.
The sport is bigger, better and more competitive than it was in 2001.
Sponsors (or decals as you refer to them) are what fund drivers, teams all the way from the local tracks to NASCAR.
Without sponsors you wouldn't see many cars on the track.
Take a trip to your local track, take a look at the cars. Most of these guys are just regular working stiffs. Without some funding they probably wouldn't be able to afford to race.
If racing is an issue for you, I advise to pick up your remote and change the channel.
Oh by the way, you made the effort to come here, so I would say you ARE a fan!
You're right Jim. I'm a huge racing fan but not of the current NASCAR variety. It's not about the racing anymore. Those days have been gone. What it is about is NASCAR making the almighty dollar and protecting their investors, the sponsors of the top 35 in points, NASCARS corporate bed partners. When NASCAR gives a free pass week after week to these 35 teams they're doing racing and the fans a great disservice. Imagine the racing you'd see if every week you actually had to qualify to make the show. I was a NASCAR fan for 40 years and in it's current corporate, sanitized incarnation, I find it unwatchable. In fact I don't even view it as racing, it's more of a corporate circus side show. There is hope though and I've found it in the USAR Hooters Pro Cup. There it's all about the racing and you actually have to qualify to make the show, how refreshing. PS: The decals I refer to are not the sponsors. The spec cars running around on Sunday are not Ford's, Chevy's, Dodge's or Toyota's. They're all the same. The only difference is the motor, nose and the manufacturers decals. So keep rooting for those decals folks....sickening
Sonya

Lewiston, ME

#43 Feb 22, 2008
I think some of the infractions are rediculous its getting out of hand common..bolts and loose oil caps. I realize the cars have to be equal but its nuts, and I absolutely HATE the chase thing...I always thought the winner should be the winner Not the second chance guy and stripping the guy that did the best all season is just wrong I hate it that the best guy looses the championship now. The cup series is ruined and not fair.
JEFF GRANT

Barrie, Canada

#44 Feb 22, 2008
THIS JUST MAKES ME SO MAD I AM ANGRY AT NASCAR FOR THE PENALTIES .THIS SUCKS
JEFF GRANT

Barrie, Canada

#45 Feb 22, 2008
THIS WILL NEVER MAKE ME HAPPY NASCAR CAN GO SCREW IT SELVES AT WELL

Fairfax, VA

#46 Feb 22, 2008
JEFF GRANT wrote:
THIS WILL NEVER MAKE ME HAPPY NASCAR CAN GO SCREW IT SELVES AT WELL
Amen Brother Boycott NASQUEER

Fairfax, VA

#47 Feb 22, 2008
Sonya wrote:
I think some of the infractions are rediculous its getting out of hand common..bolts and loose oil caps. I realize the cars have to be equal but its nuts, and I absolutely HATE the chase thing...I always thought the winner should be the winner Not the second chance guy and stripping the guy that did the best all season is just wrong I hate it that the best guy looses the championship now. The cup series is ruined and not fair.
It's not about the racing anymore Sonya. It's about NASCAR protecting the NASCAR brand and catering to their corporate bed partners( the 35 in points), while padding King Brian's wallet.... Pitiful
dave

Fayetteville, NC

#50 Feb 22, 2008
wow
Lisa

Pensacola, FL

#51 Feb 22, 2008
Well it is true. He is running his mouth off about how nascar is all about decals and chit, he needs to leave if he hates nascar that much.
tomtaranaki

Auckland, New Zealand

#52 Feb 22, 2008
Excellent news and history
Junior Nation

Orlando, FL

#53 Feb 22, 2008
Lisa, you need to watch your potty mouth. I for one am sick and tired of reading your vulgarity. It's not a very proper way for a young lady to talk. Weren't you ever taught any better? No wonder you don't a boyfriend or any friends for that matter. It's disgusting to see someone talk that way especially a 17 year old girl.
Lisa

Pensacola, FL

#54 Feb 22, 2008
you're right, there is no need for vulgarity.
Lisa

Pensacola, FL

#55 Feb 22, 2008
actually I do have friends.
Jennifer Watts

Greer, SC

#56 Mar 12, 2008
darn kertus
Whoyakidding

Cary, NC

#57 Mar 12, 2008
Jennifer Watts wrote:
darn kertus
What's wrong, Jen?
Jennifer Watts

Greer, SC

#58 Mar 13, 2008
he got in trouble in daytona,for having a loose oil tank cover
Jennifer Watts

Greer, SC

#59 Mar 13, 2008
richardginn wrote:
Robby got a fair penalty.
no he did not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kertus Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hard work, determination the calling cards of K... (Aug '08) Mar '10 MandM 37
News Mike Wallace to return to JD Motorsports for 20... (Nov '09) Dec '09 Jennifer Watts 9
Pictures of Kertus Davis & Team from New Hampsh... (Dec '08) Nov '09 Jennifer Watts 38
News Race rewind: Daytona - Nationwide Series July 9 (Aug '09) Aug '09 Jennifer Watts 1
Kertus Davis (Jul '09) Jul '09 Jennifer Watts 1
News Kertus Davis OK after NASCAR ride bursts into f... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Jennifer Watts 2
Kertus Davis (Apr '09) Jul '09 Jennifer Watts 24
More from around the web