For Junior, Does Fun Trump Having It ...

For Junior, Does Fun Trump Having It All?

There are 503 comments on the www.frontstretch.com story from Mar 27, 2009, titled For Junior, Does Fun Trump Having It All?. In it, www.frontstretch.com reports that:

There are sponsors to please, fans to appease, and an owner to answer to. Your job is to try to win races and ultimately the championship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.frontstretch.com.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#24 Mar 27, 2009
Cleo wrote:
<quoted text>suck it
Stuff it, Nutcase.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#26 Mar 27, 2009
Cleo wrote:
<quoted text>You have already been stuffed in every hole there is sluuuuuuuut
How old are you three? Is that the best you can come up with?

Since: Feb 09

Shine on

#28 Mar 27, 2009
Afterall it has to be a lot of fun for him to go to a track and stuggle. Crackpot editor.

“Don't Tell Me, Show Me”

Since: Nov 07

Decatur, GA

#29 Mar 27, 2009
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes but for some reason RH believe's that Tony Jr and Dale are a good match with each other and no changes will be made it looks like. We will see how that 88 team finishes at the end of the season
Ya, that reason is diecast sales!

“Let's go racing!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Mar 28, 2009
DayTripper66 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call everyone Frank?
You are the one becoming nuts, Lisa.
Too much time on topix, my dear.
That also is NOT me.
Spdbmp, you need to go and take your meds now. Now run along little and I do mean little minded boy.

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#32 Mar 28, 2009
I am still wondering why Jr can drive like he is in a fight to win half way up from the back of the pack and yet he flounders when he is running up front, I still think it might be mental over his ability to win and because I am just assuming without any concrete evidence to this assumption, maybe this article is pointing out his lack of motivation in the same way I am assuming his issue is mental, just a thought!
I know it's only a variable in this issue, but it appears to me to be a big variable.
random

Ogdensburg, NY

#34 Mar 28, 2009
This is really the best summary on the whole Junior situation I've read to date. The writer really did a good job.
JR NOT

Indianapolis, IN

#35 Mar 28, 2009
random wrote:
This is really the best summary on the whole Junior situation I've read to date. The writer really did a good job.
Here's the best summary of the Jr. situation. He's a mediocre driver that needs to stop living off Daddy's name and go be a trashman or circus clown.
Rob

United States

#36 Mar 28, 2009
JR NOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the best summary of the Jr. situation. He's a mediocre driver that needs to stop living off Daddy's name and go be a trashman or circus clown.
You need a job and a life. You go first.

Since: Mar 08

Topix Bar & Grill

#37 Mar 28, 2009
Another perfectly started thread ruined with a few fighting.

I think Jr's mind is not totally focused on racing like it used to be.

Jr has a lot of interests, I don't blame him for wanting to do everything he wants. When he is 80 he can say, "I did everything I wanted to try". The man has the means and the money to do everything he dreams of. How many of us are going to be able to?

He may not win many races, but at least he is living life to the fullest.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#39 Mar 28, 2009
HA HA wrote:
<quoted text>
i hear he's gay, could that be what's bothering him?
I could care less if he's gay or not. Doesn't make a difference to me. Maybe YOU are the gay one?

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#41 Mar 28, 2009
KRUSTY THE CLOWN1 wrote:
<quoted text>
you *COULDN'T care less...
Stuff it.

“Don't Tell Me, Show Me”

Since: Nov 07

Decatur, GA

#43 Mar 28, 2009
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>You need a job and a life. You go first.
Hey Rob, are you from "Ho-ville"?, my aunt lives in Chico...

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#44 Mar 28, 2009
HA HA wrote:
<quoted text>
i hear he's gay, could that be what's bothering him?
Why are you looking for a boyfriend?

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#45 Mar 28, 2009
JR NOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the best summary of the Jr. situation. He's a mediocre driver that needs to stop living off Daddy's name and go be a trashman or circus clown.
Do you enjoy your job as trashman? By the way, stop digging through my cans when you pick up the trash on Wed. It really makes a mess of my yard.
JR NOT

Indianapolis, IN

#46 Mar 28, 2009
AJlovesJR wrote:
<quoted text>Do you enjoy your job as trashman? By the way, stop digging through my cans when you pick up the trash on
Wed. It really makes a mess of my yard.
AJLOVESJR, ENOUGH SAID TWINK.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#48 Mar 29, 2009
I find this article to very true and also happens to be the very same thing that I have been saying for a couple of years and being called a hater for same.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is an average to somewhat above average cup driver, he is hampered by several things. He never really wanted to do anything but, perhaps, drive a race car and live in his dad's shadow and have fun, at that early point he was lucky to have an old man strong enough to keep him in line.

In Feb. of 2001 the old man was killed and Jr. lost the one person in the organization that commanded his respect, attention and adoration and was able to make Jr. toe the line and concentrate.

From 2001 to 2005 Jr. was floating around with the help of Tony Sr. was able to win some races (I still think that the plate wins were somewhat bogus as even Mikey W could win in those superior cars) and looked like he could grow as a driver.

Beginning 2005 and continued to today Jr. has not shown any signs of growth as a driver, but has stretched himself as a pitch man and TV show host. Like her or hate her as the Anti Christ, Teresa Earnhardt had it right when she said Jr. should become a champion before acting like a champion.

For the past four seasons Jr. has not shown the slightest signs of growth as a driver or in dedication to getting better as a driver. Gone are the days when the nation could blame Teresa as being a combination of The Evil Stepmother, keeping the glass championship driving shoe off of Dalearilla's foot or being The Wicked Witch of the Carolinas, blocking Dale Jr's path to the championship on the Yellow Brick Road

Dale now resides in that best of all places for a cup driver, Hendricksville North Carolina with all of the advantages, such as unlimited cash flow, help from the three wise men of Gordon, Johnson and Martin and most of all guidance from the most holy St. Rick.

The ball is in Jr's court right now to show if he has the desire and ability to grow and advance as a driver and also prove that he has that focus and drive that, until now, has never been a part of his emotional make up.

I know that some will label me as a hater for the above post, however, if so, please attack the facts I have offered and not just write it off in a flippant way by talking about trailer parks and trash collections.

“Don't Tell Me, Show Me”

Since: Nov 07

United States

#49 Mar 29, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
I find this article to very true and also happens to be the very same thing that I have been saying for a couple of years and being called a hater for same.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. is an average to somewhat above average cup driver, he is hampered by several things. He never really wanted to do anything but, perhaps, drive a race car and live in his dad's shadow and have fun, at that early point he was lucky to have an old man strong enough to keep him in line.
In Feb. of 2001 the old man was killed and Jr. lost the one person in the organization that commanded his respect, attention and adoration and was able to make Jr. toe the line and concentrate.
From 2001 to 2005 Jr. was floating around with the help of Tony Sr. was able to win some races (I still think that the plate wins were somewhat bogus as even Mikey W could win in those superior cars) and looked like he could grow as a driver.
Beginning 2005 and continued to today Jr. has not shown any signs of growth as a driver, but has stretched himself as a pitch man and TV show host. Like her or hate her as the Anti Christ, Teresa Earnhardt had it right when she said Jr. should become a champion before acting like a champion.
For the past four seasons Jr. has not shown the slightest signs of growth as a driver or in dedication to getting better as a driver. Gone are the days when the nation could blame Teresa as being a combination of The Evil Stepmother, keeping the glass championship driving shoe off of Dalearilla's foot or being The Wicked Witch of the Carolinas, blocking Dale Jr's path to the championship on the Yellow Brick Road
Dale now resides in that best of all places for a cup driver, Hendricksville North Carolina with all of the advantages, such as unlimited cash flow, help from the three wise men of Gordon, Johnson and Martin and most of all guidance from the most holy St. Rick.
The ball is in Jr's court right now to show if he has the desire and ability to grow and advance as a driver and also prove that he has that focus and drive that, until now, has never been a part of his emotional make up.
I know that some will label me as a hater for the above post, however, if so, please attack the facts I have offered and not just write it off in a flippant way by talking about trailer parks and trash collections.
I agree 100% with your post! It was not mean or nasty just factual!

Did Teresa really say "Jr needs to become a champion before acting like a champion? If so that is priceless!
Donald

United States

#50 Mar 29, 2009
Teresa needs to act like a owner instead of staying home and letting everyone else run her show. She has just about run DEI in the ground.

Already 2 merges and how many wins since Jr Left?
She needs to shut up and get her some sponsers
and tend to her operation and let Jr tend to his life.....

Menards took his money and left her also no one hangs around her very long....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#51 Mar 29, 2009
The man is on the pole today! And umm, Jr. is back there somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ken Schrader Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
News Ken Schrader doesn't mind if he doesn't return ... (Feb '09) Feb '11 Haakon49 7
News Indoors or out, open-wheel or stock ... Ted Chr... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Ruttrosmokesmojo 1
News Chili Bowl 1993: Dave Blaney Shines In Chili Bo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RUTTROSMOKESMOJO 1
News Local tracks crown 2010 champions, end seasons (Sep '10) Sep '10 ruttrosmokesmojo 1
News Lebanon Valley Speedway sets slate (Mar '10) Mar '10 jackie o 2
News The Curse of the 25 Car Is a Myth (May '09) May '09 Dill 11
More from around the web