blah39

Oxford, CT

#1 Oct 23, 2010
GOOD LUCK TO KASEY KAHNE IN THAT REDBULL CAR...

i dont care how you do, this is all R&D for next year.. im just excited to see him in any car other than an RPM car.. thank god he left that sinking ship!!
I dont care if he finishes on the lead lap its better than breaking a shifter, control arm, having a teammate crash you out, loss of brakes, blown engines, etc. and finishing over 50 laps down.

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

#2 Oct 23, 2010
Kasey spent 30 minutes de-briefing with Jimmy Elledge after Happy Hour today and then an extra 15-20 minutes talking with Kenny Francis. He apparently stayed in the garage longer than any other driver!

This week I'm expecting nothing but him getting to know everything. Like you said, all R&D for next year at this point! Speed will come as he gets to know everything and they get to know him.
Nicki

Walkerton, IN

#3 Oct 24, 2010
heard debrief lasted 2 hours total - this would be the racing-obsessed Kasey we all love!

Things are already looking up - when was the last time Kasey could stand 2 hours of anything with RPM?
blah39

Oxford, CT

#4 Oct 24, 2010
I consider 14th place a win for kasey!!! The last time he broke the top 15 was 2007!! Great job kasey great job!! what a great race btw too!! exciting from start to finish! anyone got a race report?!?

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

#5 Oct 24, 2010
Wow - 2 hours! Awesome.

Kasey gave awesome feedback to Jimmy today. They communicated quite well, but Jimmy's response is 10-4 A LOT! Haha. Perhaps keeping convos short at the short track. Still can't wait for Kenny to be back, though. It was kinda weird not hearing him!

They struggled with the car bouncing and just overall balance. But considering Martinsville is one of his worst tracks, a 14th place finish in his first race with a new team is awesome!
Hype Hater

Essex Junction, VT

#6 Oct 25, 2010
Kasey Fan Forever wrote:
Wow - 2 hours! Awesome.
Kasey gave awesome feedback to Jimmy today. They communicated quite well, but Jimmy's response is 10-4 A LOT! Haha. Perhaps keeping convos short at the short track. Still can't wait for Kenny to be back, though. It was kinda weird not hearing him!
They struggled with the car bouncing and just overall balance. But considering Martinsville is one of his worst tracks, a 14th place finish in his first race with a new team is awesome!
I agree. A top 15 at Martinsville for Kasey is great especially when you consider it was his first race in that car. I am sure what Kasey loved the most yesterday was NO MECHANICAL FAILURES!!!!. They had a lousy car but managed to have a decent points day. That's what champions are made of. I think Kasey will have zero issues making the Chase next season as long he has no mechanical failures. That would be a great accomplishment in that equipment to make the chase and maybe even win a race as (unless I am completely forgetting something) both would be firsts for Team Red Bull.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kasey Kahne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kurtfann41 1
2014 (Mar '14) Mar '14 oldschool1979 1
Magazine says Kahne is gay (Jul '08) Feb '14 U just really dun... 64
A classic Plymouth with a NASCAR soul (Sep '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 9
NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
NASCAR: More problems for Hendrick cars at Mich... (Aug '13) Sep '13 nascar maybe best... 5
More from around the web