Kasey's Airplane
racejunkie

Greensboro, NC

#41 Feb 6, 2008
Most drivers for privacy issues will most likely have their tail numbers blocked by any pulicly used tracking device. They can't block it out completelty from the FAA or ATC, but to the general public they can. I heard that Dale Jr and Tony Stewart had to do this because of the infinite number of people that showed up at the airport when they were in town.

Since: Oct 07

Ventura County, CA

#42 Feb 6, 2008
racejunkie wrote:
Most drivers for privacy issues will most likely have their tail numbers blocked by any pulicly used tracking device. They can't block it out completelty from the FAA or ATC, but to the general public they can. I heard that Dale Jr and Tony Stewart had to do this because of the infinite number of people that showed up at the airport when they were in town.
So far he hasn't blocked it (and hopefully he won't have to), but he has filed for a new tail number. Hasn't taken effect yet though.
racejunkie

Greensboro, NC

#43 Feb 7, 2008
Hey y'all...

Update on the "Kahne Plane": one of my former flight instructors is now an FAA inspector. He has SVH in his region (which is Statesville Regional--right there in front of GEM). He said that there is not any recent King Air additions in the area, but he has seen a recently added Citation III. My personal knowledge of this type of airplane says that this would be more of Kasey's preference than a King Air. When I asked him if it was Kasey's he said "I dunno but some young short dude with brown hair flies on it a bunch" and "the flight plan has made a lot of flights in and out of Daytona here recently.". Could be a coincidence since several teams are based at SVH, but something to think about! He did not know the registration or tail number of the plane.
UNCW Girl

Wilmington, NC

#44 Feb 7, 2008
kaylakahne9410 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHA!!! I like the way you think girl!!lol!!
I think we were all secretly thinking that!

Since: Jan 07

Morganton NC

#45 Feb 7, 2008
If you will go to the top of this page and click on Kasey's private jet and then go down the page that comes up and click on jet registery you will find the imformation on the drivers and owners that have airplanes.

Since: Feb 08

Burlington, NC

#46 Feb 7, 2008
Nannie wrote:
If you will go to the top of this page and click on Kasey's private jet and then go down the page that comes up and click on jet registery you will find the imformation on the drivers and owners that have airplanes.
Nannie: just thought I'd say I love the pic of you and him---show all of us younger "ladies" how it's done!

Morganton NC

#47 Feb 8, 2008
racejunkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nannie: just thought I'd say I love the pic of you and him---show all of us younger "ladies" how it's done!
Thank you I will be 71 on Feb.l5. I love racing and Kasey Kahne. I feel like he is one of my grandchildren. I have talked to Kasey seven times and I know his mother real well. I was married to a race car driver (nothing big time) but have been around racing all of my adult life.

“GO KASEY!!!!!!!!!!! !!!”

lawrenceville, ga

#48 Feb 8, 2008
racejunkie wrote:
Hey y'all...
Update on the "Kahne Plane": one of my former flight instructors is now an FAA inspector. He has SVH in his region (which is Statesville Regional--right there in front of GEM). He said that there is not any recent King Air additions in the area, but he has seen a recently added Citation III. My personal knowledge of this type of airplane says that this would be more of Kasey's preference than a King Air. When I asked him if it was Kasey's he said "I dunno but some young short dude with brown hair flies on it a bunch" and "the flight plan has made a lot of flights in and out of Daytona here recently.". Could be a coincidence since several teams are based at SVH, but something to think about! He did not know the registration or tail number of the plane.
haha young short dude with brown hair!LOL that made me crack up!!thanks for the info,hey where do you go to track the planes,is it a website,could i have the link????
racejunkie

Greensboro, NC

#49 Feb 8, 2008
http://flightaware.com/

Go to the left hand column. There's a couple of search options. One is by aircraft number, or "tail" number. That's the N----- that's on the tail of the aircraft. Key that in and it shoudl show a list of all of the recent flights for that aircraft. Another search option that's good is by airport code. IF you are looking for NASCAR-specific planes, use either JQF or SVH as your search agent for this box. JQF is Concord NC and SVH is Statesville. Because of traffic and landing/hangar storage fees, most NASCAR teams do not CLT (Charlotte-Douglas Int'l) for the airplanes. Two other airport codes you can look at are GSO (Greensboro, NC--home to Petty Enterprises, Bobby Labonte, Bill Davis Racing); INT (Winston-Salem-not sure if any teams are left at this airport or not) and EXX (Davidson County Airport-used by RCR).

Hope this helps! Happy tracking! It's very addictive, even if you are not a NASCAR fan. As I said, I used to work in the aviation business, so I still know a few "connections"! Life is good!
racejunkie

Greensboro, NC

#50 Feb 8, 2008
kaseysunknownrelative wrote:
<quoted text>haha young short dude with brown hair!LOL that made me crack up!!thanks for the info,hey where do you go to track the planes,is it a website,could i have the link????
That's totally awesome, I would have never guessed your age! Do you participate in the picnics?
racejunkie

Greensboro, NC

#51 Feb 8, 2008
auughh, wrong post! That was for Nannie!!! Auuguggh!

“It's so good to see him smile!”

Since: Apr 07

Charlotte NC

#52 Feb 8, 2008
racejunkie wrote:
http://flightaware.com/
Go to the left hand column. There's a couple of search options. One is by aircraft number, or "tail" number. That's the N----- that's on the tail of the aircraft. Key that in and it shoudl show a list of all of the recent flights for that aircraft. Another search option that's good is by airport code. IF you are looking for NASCAR-specific planes, use either JQF or SVH as your search agent for this box. JQF is Concord NC and SVH is Statesville. Because of traffic and landing/hangar storage fees, most NASCAR teams do not CLT (Charlotte-Douglas Int'l) for the airplanes. Two other airport codes you can look at are GSO (Greensboro, NC--home to Petty Enterprises, Bobby Labonte, Bill Davis Racing); INT (Winston-Salem-not sure if any teams are left at this airport or not) and EXX (Davidson County Airport-used by RCR).
Hope this helps! Happy tracking! It's very addictive, even if you are not a NASCAR fan. As I said, I used to work in the aviation business, so I still know a few "connections"! Life is good!
ok...so if i did that right...is his plane in Phoenix right now??

Greensboro, NC

#53 Feb 8, 2008
I just searched N2DH (tail numbe search) and it shows that the plane is in Sanford FL (Near Daytona). What method did you use?
Sara

AOL

#54 Feb 8, 2008
No he's in Daytona. Shootout practice is starting soon. He's been in Daytona since 8 yesterday morning

Charlotte NC

#55 Feb 8, 2008
racejunkie wrote:
I just searched N2DH (tail numbe search) and it shows that the plane is in Sanford FL (Near Daytona). What method did you use?
HAHA!! I went to the sight and just put in his tail #......Did I put in the right one??? I got N38H???

Greensboro, NC

#56 Feb 8, 2008
tail nunber is N2DH

Charlotte NC

#57 Feb 8, 2008
racejunkie wrote:
tail nunber is N2DH
Well that would be my problem:) Thank you!:)

Since: Oct 07

Ventura County, CA

#58 Feb 8, 2008
racejunkie wrote:
tail nunber is N2DH
Although it's going to be changing soon.

Charlotte NC

#59 Feb 8, 2008
kahne4cup wrote:
<quoted text>
Although it's going to be changing soon.
Yah....probly!

Burlington, NC

#60 Feb 8, 2008
sources say N91KK is reserved for it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kasey Kahne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Damn Kasey you r gay (Sep '06) Apr '17 Bill 126
News Greg Biffle team gets angry, promises retaliati... (Apr '16) Apr '16 MrTinkertrain24 3
Magazine says Kahne is gay (Jul '08) Apr '16 Racegod 65
News NASCAR fines Patrick, Kyle Busch after Californ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
Does Anyone Know? (Aug '07) Mar '16 danica 6
News Jeff Gordon is fueled by his desire to walk awa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 12
Story on Kasey today, he likes CHeez Its (Oct '15) Oct '15 heykkr 1
More from around the web